What's fit's take on vegetarian/fake meats?

What's fit's take on vegetarian/fake meats?

Not specifically tofu, but any of those tofurkey and fake chicken things. They look good and i'm thinking about including them into my diet just to get some variety and not the usual chicken breast/minced ground meat/whatever memes

>Fry's family chicken-style strips 380g

>18,3g protein per 100g
>11,8g fat per 100g
>7g carbs per 100g

inb4 fuck weak faggot vegans etc

Other urls found in this thread:

ebm.sagepub.com/content/232/10/1266.short
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Quorn is GOAT on a cut

bump

That seems like a lot of fat OP. Cutting or bulking?

Quorn stuff is pretty fucking great. Wish all the grocery stores around me hadn't imexplicably completely dropped all of it from their stock like a year ago.

beyond meat is okay. quorn rules. havent tried frys family

bump

bump

It's garbage filled with unnecessary carbs and shitty soy protein. You'll ruin your health and lose all your gains, and you might end up with bitch tits and/or fucked up digestion. Over the long term your brain will stop working correctly due to amino acid deficiencies, then you'll become a full-on Vegan and spout nonsense and have all the strange mental and emotional weirdnesses that they all seem to have. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

Calm yourself, bacon memer.

I was thinking of picking up this and the beast burgers just to see how far technology has come

You're absolutely right. You sound like a very well-rounded individual who doesn't have any mental instability.

>amino acid deficiencies
Why would you say this when rice and beans give all essential amino acids? Maybe you're thinking of B12, but omnivores tend to be deficient in this without supplementation too.

>Maybe you're thinking of B12, but omnivores tend to be deficient in this without supplementation too.
B 12's in meat/fish, dairy and eggs. Your statement makes no sense

these are gud desu

Veggie burgers are very good imo amd have good macros.
Recently my sister had a vegan phase and bought some vegan bacon. I tried it and it tasted like shit not to mention shitty macros. Just stay away from fake meat and eat normal vegetables.

Absorption is an issue. Eggs for example might as well not have any B12 since it hardly gets absorbed.

ebm.sagepub.com/content/232/10/1266.short

>As the intrinsic factor-mediated intestinal absorption system is estimated to be saturated at about 1.5–2.0 μg per meal under physiologic conditions, vitamin B12 bioavailability significantly decreases with increasing intake of vitamin B12 per meal. The bioavailability of vitamin B12 in healthy humans from fish meat, sheep meat, and chicken meat averaged 42%, 56%–89%, and 61%–66%, respectively. Vitamin B12 in eggs seems to be poorly absorbed (< 9%) relative to other animal food products.

And that's in the best case scenario in young healthy people

The ones that are specifically trying to replicate meat and not be their own thing are pretty gross, at least to me. A good veggie burger with a mint yogurt sauce is amazing though

bump

These are pretty good. The ratio of protein to everything else isn't great, but if you didn't know better you'd think you were eating super cheap meatballs. Meatballs with some cardboard and packing peanuts in them, but meatballs nevertheless.

Those are actually pretty good. If you eat them on their own you can definitely tell they're not chicken, but in a sandwich or salad they're pretty alright.

I love Garden Burgers the ones made with rice and bulgar and corn and shit. You can literally put them in the toaster.

Subway used to have a great veggie burger sub but I haven't been back since Jared put his dick in all those kids. (They also have a veggie delight sub which is essentially a salad sandwich. also good but not as killer as veggie burger sub)

And if you guys are looking to eat tofu, buy "Extra Firm", the difference is night and day.

Put it on salad instead of cheese or just fry it up.

Quorn is great.
Since I turned vegetarian, I learnt a hell of a lot about cooking, health, and food generally - all in such a short space of time too.

The almost complete lack of shitposting and hate in this thread, about vegetarianism no less, is absolutely mind boggling.

bump

tofu is my guilty pleasure

Now you can get protein from crickets too. It's hard to notice, just a little earthy, but surprisingly filling. Try the exxo bars first, move from there.