Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums,

How long would it take me (6ft1 65kg skelly) to get to look like Brad Pitt in Fight club? See pic.

I've been working out for a few weeks so I know the basics, and assuming I continue at the gym 3-5 times a week and keep up the diet (decent, pasta & chicken/tuna once a day, protein shakes, generally bulking) how long do you reckon it would take?

I'm trying to set myself a realistic goal body with a timeframe so I can monitor progress

Thanks

Second pic

I was thinking of using a plan like pic related, if that helps at all once I get comfortable with all the machines and lifts

>Brad Pitt weighed about 155lbs′(he's 6 ft. tall) in Fight Club and was at 5-6% body fat

Found that from some website

He's actually 5'11, which makes him a BMI of 22 at 155lb

Translate it to your 6'1 height, you'll need to be 170 lb (77kg), with 5-6% bodyfat

So it might take a while
You might get to that weight in about a year, but assuming you're the average skelly at about 10% bf, it'll take an additional few months to cut down to low bf%

About 2-2.5 years. People will tell you 1 year but they are retarded

bullshit on the bf %

>5-6% body fat

pfft

Yeah I'd probably say it's closer to 8-10, but that's small details

Thanks, that bf seems very low tho? I'm currently at 10% (had it calculated by my PT 4 weeks ago) and he didn't suggest that I should look to push it any lower, if anything he implied that it should be higher than 10%
What's the maths for translating weight to height? That sounds useful to know

a year, but don't bulk hard, lean bulk all year round with about 200 calories above your tdee or you will turn into a fat ass and it will be harder to cut. you might need to cut in the end but it will be much easier since you went u won't gain much fat.

you can just stay at 10% bf%, try not to go over 12% though if you want to see abs

I just used a male BMI 155 @ 5'10 = 22 BMI = 170 @ 6'1

What happened to the whole "don't workout every day because your body can't recover enough to make decent gains"?

Also if I was to follow this should I still cut considering I'm underweight atm with 10% bf?

Oh ok, makes sense, thanks. Any ideas for a workout routine or will doing a generic full body beginner routine be enough? What about the one I linked in or is that too heavy for a beginner?

Just do a basic beginner routine with some accesories

Greyskull LP is a good one

stick to it for a year or two or until you start stalling and make sure you eat and count your calories

and yeah the routine in your pic has way too much volume,

Ok great, thanks.
You reckon TDEE+500 is about right? Another guy here said +200 is enough but the sticky says +500 for bulking

It's a bait infographic, there's lots of them floating around. You need to educate yourself if you're going to post here because otherwise Veeky Forums WILL mislead you

Alright thanks for the heads up

200 will be slower gains but you don't risk gaining as much fat
up to you brah

Feels like summer 2011 in hur

>What happened to the whole "don't workout every day because your body can't recover enough to make decent gains"?
The overtraining bogyman's kind of bs. You don' really have to worry about "overtraining" (although it can happen, but takes a lot of effort/stupidity). Moreso under eating and under sleeping

OP here.
Summer 2016 more like, everyone asked for advice at some point, stop being so autistic

Ah ok thanks, I hadn't thought about sleep

A and B low rep, C high
bodyweight exercises done until failure

A
Incline Bench
Flat Bench
Incline Flyes
Dips
Pull-ups
Bent-over Bb Rows
Deadlifts
One-arm Db Rows

B
Military Press
Side Lat.
Bent-over Lat.
BB Curls
Hammer Curls
Close-grip Bench
Skull-crushers
Dips

C
Squats
Sldls
Lunges
Calf-raises Standing
Weighted Crunches
Side Bends
Knee-ups

xAxxBCx

also boxing or any cardio intensive activity on x days

Random question would love to get an answer, how long do you think it would take me to achieve this body

6ft 71 kg about 16-18 % bf

chad af

Why does Brad have yellow skin?