Stopped asking my friends what they were doing and instead waited for them to invite me out

>stopped asking my friends what they were doing and instead waited for them to invite me out
>last july

yeah that's most of us here

Why would you do that? Most people are just as autistic as you are. If you want something, YOU have to be the one to take initiative.

same, waiting for 5-6 years now

that always happens. very few people organize social shit.

I have been taking initiative for several years now, I think my mate could take initiative one fucking time. Not op.

4 years here

they still remember me, r-right?

Litteraly why? Thats the dumbest shit you could do

Then talk to him

Same. My 10 year high school reunion is soon so I think it's implied or that's what we've been waiting for.

You all have shitty friends

>friend talks about what they have planned
>try invite myself by saying I would love to do that
>his response: "Ermmm...
>he changes topic of the convo

I'm that guy who doesn't initiate anything with my friends. It's nothing against them, I'm just content being alone. If my friends want to hang out I'm fine with it, but I rarely ask them first.
I know this makes me kind of a bad friend, but what are you gonna do.

> friend

Im normally the friend that does shit. Go kayaking, the beach, have fires, have football parties. So if i dont invite people, im probably not doing shit. Recently got a girl as a friend who actually does shit too which is kinda nice. Went to a baseball game and a few concerts.

If i didnt hit up my friends, i probably would never do anything.

What the fuck is a football party?

ITT autists who can't take the hint that people don't like them

>football game is on tv
>get a bunch of drinks
>get wings and chips and other people
>invite friends over to watch the game on my big tv
>we drink and socialize and scream at the tv when refs make a bad call or players drop the ball

other food*

8 years for me brehs. I don't even lift why am I here

>only have 1 friend
>friend with him for 20years
>he always takes the initiative and calls me whenever he wants to do something

i-is this okey or is my social life fucked up?

>all this passive aggressive shit

Literally worse than female tweens

Is that what it is?

>Most people are just as autistic as you are
yeah, nah

Those people always doing stuff together are basically committed for life. Its hard to dedicate that kind of attention to more than a handful of people so if you dont know people like that yet its gonna be hard to find.

That's just depression-posting, there are plenty of clubs/classes/meetups for adults to join to make a new social circle

Try doing something that isn't based on the internet for once

Dump that bastard. Never talk to him again. In the end, it's better to be alone than to be with actors.

It's more than what most people have. A good friend is better than a thousand mediocre ones. You're doimg great. But ypu should also invite him.

>That's just depression-posting, there are plenty of clubs/classes/meetups for adults to join to make a new social circle

holy lel. enjoy literal autismos and downeys

>A good friend is better than a thousand mediocre ones
This. I didn't know this well till I had one. Its like they fill every category on what a friend should be while everyone else just kinda fills some of those rolls

I am trying to setup a perspective for readers. Im speaking from experience.

If you want friends and you go to one of these classes for example, its going to take more than just seeing them at these events. But a lot of people do that. They have party friends, gym friends, work friends, and then when all those things change/fall apart its no friends. They werent your friends then truly.

Im just saying real friendships are a lot of work but a lot of people dont wanna do that.

Its as much commitment kind of as a relationship.

>smart and apparently funny guy
>blessed with facial and proportional genetics in clothes
>people want to be friends with me, give me their numbers
>have group of really close friends I made a while ago
>all these people constantly ask me to do stuff
>ghost them to lift and eat instead

all about priorities

>only one Steam friend
>we used to play cs1.6 and warhammer together
>hasn't messaged me in almost 9 years
He must know he's my only friend he must have checked my profile at least once, right? Why doesn't message me?

>get wings and chips and other people
you mean you can just get other people, like at the store?

you cant consider people friends, who you only met online.

Why don't you message him? He probably thinks the same shit.

This is wrong, i've definitely had better online friends than IRL ones

Ill be your friend user, whats your steam?

>9 years
be honest: have you been diagnosed with autism?

He is probably dead.

Killing myself would be easier, not even exagerating (sometimes). Same for adding anons
I once leveled up a WoW character on a shitty empty server to lay with /v/ but never got the guts to take the extra step and ask to join the guild
It took me years of browsing Veeky Forums and reading SS doing drills at home before I could join a gym

is your social anxiety that severe?

>want everyone to leave you alone
>at the same time crave human company

if they say no/flake, it feels bad man. rejection ain't easy

>never got the guts to take the extra step and ask to join the guild
thank god i´m not the only one afraid to talk to strangers online. thank god i´m anonymous here

h-how are you afraid of asking someone in a video game to join their guild

i don´t know. i couldn´t even manage to enter a guild/clan whatever in some shitty browser game a few years ago because i was scared to ask them

I am judging you now you anxious faggot.

I wish I had friends. That sounds like fun.
I just eat chips and watch baseball alone in my room most nights.

can't even look my family in the eye

I do this too with the euros but somehow i have stopped being self-aware and i don't even feel lonely anymore. It's like this New England hermit said

i love you, too

If it's any consolation 90% of guilds who'll accept you without an application are full of shitters who will just frustrate you into gquitting or getting booted when you point out their idiocy.

Fuck /r9k/ is hilarious. If anyone sees that faggot let him know a 6'4 skellington with a qt jp gf was laughing at him.

start with family if you have a good connection with them. I watch football with my mom on most sundays during the season.

I always browse these threads just to laugh at others' misery. Anyone else do this?

Do you have a 12 inch dick as well?

If someone actively avoids you, probably. It's not a big deal. Just move on.

Having a social life is bad for you're gains

If I was trying to talk myself up I wouldn't have said I'm a skellington.

Know dat feel, its especially lulzy since folks pretty much invented Xanny to cure this specific problem but autist avoid taking it because reasons.

It's called humble bragging

Just take the initiative; it's not hard. Making plans is difficult when everyone has different time schedules but it all works out.

On the other hand, I have a friend who I take turns planning things with and don't know if it's my to turn to start something or if it's his. It sucks because I want to hang out with him since he makes my heart do funny things. :3

I was talking about the /v/ guild I had specifically leveled up that character for.

WoW is actually a good place for the socially inept, specially pve. Just bee good at your job (ie have no life) and make sure that people in the right places see you. The selection process is 100% impersonal. I got to be consistently one of my country's top 3 DPS Warrior for a while. Microphone of course is required but DPS aren't supposed to talk so its good.

OP, that's a good thing. You're at a point where you're alone and can reflect on your life and become a better friend with yourself. That is honestly step number one. Learning how you operate and knowing how to be kinder/better to yourself is a high priority.

After this time, you can try things that genuinely interest you and you will be more comfortable in your own skin. True, loyal friends will come. You have to keep faith and trust yourself as best as you can.

You only lose when you give up. Please give it all another go.

enjoy being friendless

>/v/ or Veeky Forums guild
> not full of shitters

only thing worth reading ITT

tfw all i do is sit at home, play autismo games and lift

I have like 60 friends on steam but i only talk to 2-3 of them regularly, anyone want to be friends ;_;?

There's only one problem with cocoon mode
>After this time True, loyal friends will come
This is simply not true unless you're living in an anime world with hobby high-school clubs.

Are you a woman? Cause you sound like a woman.

Luckily I am, so im in the clear

lucky bastard
has a pure and qt girl walked up to you and asked to be your gf yet?

You probably get 2 months of no contact before a friendship starts suffering.

>tfw haven't had a friend for 10 years
>spend all my time when not working in front of a computer since no friends to do things with
>no hobbies either
>30 year old kissless virgin
;_;

literally. they don't understand what it's like to be the first one to text or call. every. single. time. even if they say yes, I invariably think it's from pity or something else. There's nothing more lonely.

i know that feel. in my case though, most of my friends are going through their own shit. They dont really understand that they are doing it.

in the least negative way, they are just ignorantly selfish.

He's saying that through liking yourself and gaining confidence through self-acceptance you will be a more likeable person and be more likely to do things other than sit alone 24/7. Doing all of that makes getting friends infinitely easier. Don't take things so literally.

>It's more than what most people have.
lol you retard most people have a few good friends. I think you got lost on your way to /r9k/ buddy let me help you out

More than a qt gf, I just want a friend.

Jeez user, why so malicious?

>normalfag friend tells me about party tomorrow
>never been to party, was fag through hs
>going to text him to fill me in on the details
>don't know if thats socially acceptable
>dont know if i'll be welcome there
>don't know if it'll be any good

What do

loneliness is a double edged sword

when I had a social life I was fat and lazy

without one, I am in the best shape of my life. however, I have noone to do stuff with now.

regrets? not really, those friends were more like acquaintances, they never called me up to do stuff I always ended up asking them what was up.

regardless, im not giving up nor should you. be the best individual you can be and no matter what happens, you shouldnt feel bad.

Wait, shit. He didn't tell me, he just brought up that he was going to one. That's why I'm confused.

how close of a friend is he? If hes some random acquaintance from class or work or something, id just let it go. But if hes someone u somewhat regularly hang out just 1 on 1 with, id ask him about it and let him know that you are interested in going if possible.

>TFW got invited out by two attractive female friends last Friday
>TFW got milkshakes with one of them yesterday
>TFW a male friend asked me to lunch tomorrow (as in, he said hr was free whenever was good for me, and I told him tomorrow)
>TFW one of my best friends asked if I wanted to go to my fave bar with him for dinner

My secret is making this shit super casual. They'll be proactive, because its not a huge deal to either party. They just think "oh, hey, we should get lunch with user some time!"

If you turn every occasion into a huge event, it makes it harder to approach you, because it feels lime you're signing up to a huge commitment.

>be the best individual you can be
>animu poster

oh the irony

its a picture

also adachi doesnt give a fuck, nor should you

What were the plans, user? I made plans with a really good female friend of mine, and her ex (also a friend) got super salty because he tried to invite himself and was "forgotten". He seems to think we had some huge chill fest. In reality, have the conversation was me getting her advice on my failing relationship.

It's entirely possible that there's something going on on the sidelines that you don't know about, but its effecting them.

Or maybe they're huge fucking pricks. I'm not sure man.

we're close but he's very well known around campus and on facebook and stuff and i'm not

i said if he was serious about that party that he should hit me up. he said it was happening, but he didn't say i should come or anything. i don't really expect him to, i can see how he'd think i'm not into group events, but i don't want to sound desperate

i'm just be worried that because we're close he'd be afraid to tell me it's a smaller event and that i'd be unwelcome

Stopped giving a fuck and just gym every holiday.
Still hurts though.

Nice man. But if he's that nice to you, mame sure you invite him every now and again. Gotta make sure he knows you appreciate him. Once I had the choice to trade 7 fake bastards for one good friend. I did. That was one of the best choices I ever made for so many reasons.

>be me
>be lardo
>moved to outer part of city in middle school
>made a few friends who really tried to get me to be friendly
>took me to mall
>was self conscious
>tried to avoid them but damn did I love talking to them
>go with 2 of them to high school
>high school was the greatest time of my life
>no parties though
>now out of high school
>i fucked up with a girl
>no on wants to talk to me
>i also used the army to justify pushing people away even though i had like minded friends
>middle school friends both went their separate ways
>ones on HRT right now
>ones out of state and having fun
>i have to contact them and even then they don't seem up to chatting

I've also been thinking about this one girl I met in high school.
Tried talking to her friends since i have no contact with her anymore. Pretty sure I've been blocked.

Maybe instead of being spoon fed shit to do, make your own bloody plans and invite them for once.

i have no friends anymore. the only people i see regularly are coworkers who don't like me that much

i see coworkers exchanging numbers in front of me, but no one asks for mine

even if i did ask one of them to do something with me, why would they accept when they already have friends and have active social lives

Who here /social climber/ here ?
>have to buy expensive alcohol as gifts to rich men
>have to pay for prostitutes for them/ introduce them to hot girls
>introduce them to other high level people
>organize expensive parties/dinners etc
>get really nice deals with them
>mid 6 figures salary

maybe because they dont want to hangout either op. I don't want to hang out because I'm tight on bills, I told them we can hangout as long you pay for me. They've spent like 500 on me, they know I'm a poorfag. fyi my gym is free because of military access, I'm natty too, no gnc pills, no whey

>i have a flip phone yolo, cant take high res nudes

Am I alone in thinking that it's kinda weird for just 2 dudes to meet up? I like groups of 3, but 2 seems a bit too personal.

All my friends work and have bigger social groups. It's rare when all of their schedules line up so they're all free at once.

I wanna get into hiking, but that seems like something you already need a group of friends for. Not something you can find a group meetup for.

Low res nudes sound better to send. It leaves more to the imagination and you don't see all the minor gross things like wrinkles.

Lol OP you must be me.

>been friends with the same core group for eight years
>last four years we've been in uni but we'd still meet and hang out every break
>realize that every time I see them I do all the planning/asking, from a night in to play magic cards to a week long camping trip
>decide to let them know I'm back in town but not offer to hang out in mat
>only heard from one girl who wasn't even part of the main group but rather just a tag along
>shes cool, but feel terrible that she's the only one of nine friends who had any desire to see me

Feels shit. I currently have two friends (the other is from uni) aside from my brother than have asked me hang out before I asked them. I'm hurt, but also really lonely so I'm fixing to just call them to set up some hang outs.

well if hes close, just talk to him about it. who cares how popular he is. and fuck sounding desperate, just ask.