Christians of Veeky Forums

Christians of Veeky Forums
We all lift for Jesus but what other Christian figures inspire you to reach your maximum potential
>Mary desu

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/i-fooled-millions-into-thinking-chocolate-helps-weight-1707251800
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not augustine
literally pleb

Jeremiah. He suffered greatly in his life for the Lord, but God still took care of him. That's all I need in life.

Whenever I feel sad or unmotivated to lift I think of lamentations 3:22-23: The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.

God bless everyone on fit, and I hope you all make it one day.

Job. He got eaten by a whale and I dream of getting my cock eaten by high test chicks every night.

God bless

fuck I meant jonah. don't drink and post bible bros

Peter.
He was the rock of Christ.
His name in ancient Assyrian was "Cheepeh" or "Keepeh", meaning rock. Upon THIS rock (my body), I will build up Christ; meaning I will give glory to God in all things I do. Whether that be the way I speak, how I act, and how I take care of this body.

All glory to God.

Clearly never read the book of job you dumb fuck. That was Jonah

Jesus is probably the only one.
>carpenter, so probably swole
>long brown hair
>nice to all
>literal son of God

Biggest Idol

Haha, amen to that, brother.

I corrected myself nigger. why don't you go back to letting your boyfriend Luke part the sea of your ass

Go back to /b/, dude.

Lucifer, the only one willing to achieve his dreams instead of waiting around for someone else to do it. Plus he's aesthetic as fuck.

Right back at you, my friend :)

>In highschool we did hail mary's before games/matches and I have to stop myself from screaming them whenever I say one

He was a cuck who wanted more power than he could handle. Also, no where near as shredded as God

>nice troll
Lucifer trembles in fear before God. I'd rather be on God's side.

This^

Amen bruh

Lmao. Literally every other angel is a neet that never left daddy's house. Lucifer was too alpha for that shit so god threw a tantrum like a child. Talk about helicopter parents.

He could handle it fine if daddy didn't throw a fit.

The translation is carpenter but he and Joseph were probably actually stone workers, so he would have been swole and strong AF. Don't forget, in the temple he was flipping tables like a boss, and those tables would have been stone or heavy wood. So I improve my body for my Lord, but Christ the man is inspiration as well.
Also
>Samson

I lift for the one eyed one

This is a tremendously faggoty thread. Even for Veeky Forums. Go circle jerk over your God elsewhere plz.

Ah yes, the guy who killed 1000 men with the jaw of a donkey. Biblical superhero

> 2016
>believing in god
A supreme shig

Actually, Lucier is more like the kid that thought he could handle his shit, then he realized he messed up BIG time and he's screwed, so he might as well try his best to take the rest of the world with him.

God is the disappointed Father/Creator that has to feel sorrow for his lost children. He was to alpha to give in to his children's pathetic and sinful demands. God ruled with an iron fist. If you want to troll, do a proper job.

All Glory to God.

Congratulations, OP, you managed to find the one thing more retarded to 'lift for' than lifting for girls.

I don't lift for Jesus, I lift as a hobby and for being better/ more ambitious than other guys. I do try to keep him in mind for all of my human interaction though

Go back to your illogical /r/atheism and /b/.
You nonintellectual, unintelligent, blind, beta individual.

Wow.... A contructive topic on fit about religion... This is really bizarro

Though honestly David was pretty great. A leader by birth, a ruler by right, and a warrior by heart.

I lift for gdd, satan. He is the one true god

The bible is open to interpretation, yours is no more valid than mine and I don't see how you can call me a troll. I respect Lucifer more than the other weeny angels content to spend eternity under one guy's thumb without ever thinking for themselves.

>nice troll
Come back and apologize when your "god" has been destroyed with the breath of my God. The ONE true God. Jesus Christ, King of Kings.

Lucifer was the most powerful angel. The problem is, his pride got to him. So he basically said, "This is gay, I'm outtie, whoever wants to dip, let's go. I don't need this, I'm better than God." Then, one-third of the angels followed him. Essentially, he realizes he screwed up big time and he knows his time is coming, so he's trying to take as many humans with him as he can.

Is there a reason God* has not yet destroyed Satan? Is she not up to the task, or does she realise that it would be bad for business? Do you fancy God* a capitalist?

I don't recall that last bit in the bible at all. Care to mention where it is?

Illogical?

Fuckin kek

A caused universe needs an un caused creator. This creator is God, whether it be human or just a simple principle of physics. I choose Christ because I understand his message.

Read the bible and answer your own questions. Revelation talks about this a lot.
>the bible is open to interpretation
Isn't that right? Through my studies/reading of the Bible and prayer, I've come to my conclusion and theory. This is also a theory multiple people share.

I hope to God you lot ain't proddy basterds

It's arguably more illogical to believe in the absence of an un-caused God than to assume everything derived from absolute nothingness.

Ok fair enough. You're welcome to that belief, I'll keep mine and continue to lift for the most beautiful angel of them all.

This^

and I'll continue to lift for the God that created the most beautiful angel.

;)

It's MOST illogical to believe in a specific interpretation of this assumed god that has exactly zero (0) objective evidence to support it, especially when there are HUNDREDS of other such bullshit interpretations.

Dipshits who give one wholly arbitrary religion credence over all the other arbitrary religions are the sort of dipshits who get into arguments over who would win in a fight between Deadpool and Deathstroke.

I lift for Eris.

>Jeremiah, a Prophet of God, suffered greatly in his life for the "Lord"
>[God's] mercies never cease

Do you numbnut shitmongers not see the obvious contradiction here?

Your understanding of physics is marginal at best if you think we sprang from nothing. How is a "belief" in an as of yet understood physical process less logical than belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie? How does anthropomorphizing the origin of the universe not seem childish and stupid to you?

It's okay to say "I don't know" without resorting to making up a story that makes you feel good.

This is not a very Christlike post.

I believe all religions lead to the same God. But I'm still Christian, because that's the group I think has most credibility, and has a message that resonates with me.

>not believing in God
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Even taking out the ideology of religion, the existence of a Creator still remains in ponder.

When you say there is 0 objective evidence to support it, you are straight talking out of your ass and have no idea what you are saying.

ALL evidence that has pointed either to the existence of God or non-existence of God is 100% subjective.

But, if we use pure logic, reasonable thinking and derivation, we have to arrive at the conclusion that we came from something (us, the universe, space and time.)

Therefore, we need to derive that the "Creator" exists outside of the fabric of space and time and is therefore not affected by it.

Do some more research, sit down and have some deeper thinking sessions. I promise you, eventually, through research, reading and thinking, you will arrive at the truth.

Sucks we ended up with monotheism. Polytheism is so much cooler. Imagine if we were shitposting about whether thor or odin are cooler instead of this shit.

Their stories are much more interesting than most bible stories too.

>nice attempt there.
Think bigger, and read what I just responded to that other guy.
My last response was the one that starts with "even taking out the ideology of religion..."

>Lucifer trembles in fear before God

According to who?

>God ruled with an iron fist.

Infinite is his mercy, eh?

>David

Scrawny manlet who couldn't fight his own battles.

Wew i actually laughed, nice1 op

>Jesus Christ, King of Kings.

Stop biting Triple H's gimmick, you fucking poser.

"According to who?"
According to Biblical logic.
"Infinite in his mercy, eh?"
God, pre-new testament was not merciful. Through Jesus Christ, God brought grace and mercy.

>she

Oh shit, is Trappy god?

You are straight up retarded if you think the wrestler Triple H came up with that.

>Through my studies/reading of the Bible and prayer,

These are not scientifically rigorous methods of examination. Try again.

>shit exists
>Therefore, we need to derive that the "Creator" exists outside of the fabric of space and time
"stay in school" wasn't referring to the one on sunday

>believing in god
>2016

wow

Science (an imperfect method) fails when attempting to prove perfection.
That idea in itself is flawed. Science is man-made and you're trying to use science to prove/disprove a perfect God?

Use philosophy, logic and reasoning.

>much empiricism

Philosophy IS the highest science
sit down and shut the fuck up, mathfags

quite a few logical leaps there captain. Isn't it possible you're Christian because you were raised in a Christian family, in a Christian country? You were so lucky to be born to the correct religion, everyone else is wrong except for you, right? Do you see how ridiculous that is? Keep performing logical gymnastics to justify your belief in your imaginary friend so you don't have to accept the fact that life is inherently meaningless and there's nothing special about you.

Of all Christian figures, Hitler (pbuh) gives me the most motivation by far.

Whenever I think of him talking about how society "should be creating images of the Lord, not born half apes," I easily find the energy to push through my workout.

>When you say there is 0 objective evidence to support it,

But that's not what I said, you fucking retard. I said that there is 0 objective evidence to support one particular interpretation of a potential metaphysical force that shaped the universe. And I'm goddamn right.

There COULD very well be some form of "God" that willed all of this matter in this universe into existence or some shit. There also could not be. Humanity is VERY far away from figuring out the truth in regard to that matter, which is why Agnosticism is the One True Path.

And anyone who would take the "possibility" of a god and use it to deign one completely asinine interpretation of that potential god's nature as the superior interpretation is a subhuman fucking idiot.

>Philosophy IS the highest science
t. a drooling retard

such an anthropocentric view of the universe/religion. keep giving your money to the church bud.

You're literally stating that Christians were born Christian where the majority of Christians are in countries outside of the United States. Christians in the Middle East are being killed/tortured/raped by ISIS everyday and they still hold onto the truth. Christians in China are persecuted and discouraged to practice. American Christians are some of the most non-faith-tested Christians that exist in the world and you're using them to prove a point?

So Lucifer trembles before God according to God. That doesn't seem like an objective, factual source their, chief. History is written by liars, after all.

>God, pre-new testament was not merciful. Through Jesus Christ, God brought grace and mercy.

I can accept this as a sound interpretation of The Bible

top fucking kek

Are Christfags the easiest creature on Earth to bait?

>Couldn't fight his own battles
You meant he fought his own AND other people's battles right?

>Skinny Manlet
Are you referring to how the armor didnt fit him? He was teenager then and the youngest of his siblings. He went on to fight and defeat several trained men singlhandedly into his adulthood. He had to be swole and theres nothing that indicates him being a manlet.

It would be interesting if a denomination of Catholicism was created with Hitler being a prophet of the religion. I would definitely follow it, for the aesthetics if nothing else

No need to call me a "Fucking Retard" to make yourself feel better.

There is no 100% proof of God or 100% proof of the non-existence of God; because of there was, faith would be futile and so would the search for the truth.

Agnosticism is the most ignorant and lazy path anyone can take. Go ahead and remain agnostic and blind. You are essentially saying you refuse to do research and read and study so you don't need to deal with it.

Is this a troll thread or not I'm confused.

Give me a different view, otherwise go spew your un-argumentative and unintelligent bullshit elsewhere.

>adult manchildren of fit, which imaginary friend do you lift for?

Who said it's according to God, peasant?

Its a b8 thread to get atheists rused, prolly 2-3 christiantard posts are legit

>Get BTFO
>G-G-GO BACK TO BEEE
What a bitch nigger.

You're livin on it

I would actually agree with you that empiricism is WAY too highly touted in the modern day, considering it's only ever as good as the people operating it, and that empiricism can be used to conclude that eating chocolate promotes weight loss.

io9.gizmodo.com/i-fooled-millions-into-thinking-chocolate-helps-weight-1707251800

Rationalism is WAY too underrated nowadays.

However, both have their place and empiricism is certainly the BEST method of examination in scenarios where it can be used to full effect (i.e. where you have an adequately large data set to work with, few confounding factors, and ways to control for those factors). Plebs just get carried away with whatever the latest bullshit "STUDY" that had a sample size of 12 says.

All that said, Bible readings and prayer are not philosophy or rationalism. They're stupidity.

OP here, kinda. While I am a Christian and was interested in what prophets/saints etc. Veeky Forums liked, and how religious the people of Veeky Forums are.
But I also knew that it would brew up a shitstorm and give me some entertainment too.
>pic related, my back. Admittedly I'm not very Veeky Forums

what do you mean different view? You want me to, like you, pretend to know the unknowable? I admit that I know nothing, and everyone who else who claims to is a charlatan

If you don't know the unknowable, don't argue against it. Nobody knows the unknowable, but the logical steps we can take to find the truth is what humanity has been doing forever. Do the same.

your lower back looks like a power outlet

He claimed "Biblical logic." The Bible ostensibly being the Word of God (though literally written by men).

So your two options are either that the Bible IS the Word of God, and therefore you have to be skeptical of any claims the author would make about his enemies trembling in fear of him, OR than man's ineptitude mistranslated the Word of God, therefore rendering The Bible meaningless.

Which I don't really get. You can never know what happens after death so why bother worrying about it. I can't imagine wasting hours every week in church just in case that was the right thing to do.

I'm a pretty decent person I'm sure peter will let me in if the bible is right.

I would strongly consider following it on the basis that only white people are good.

I don't know Jeremiah's story, but it's not like God always send harsh things on people to test them. They just happen. Such is live on Earth. If everything went always good, it would be paradise, not Earth and we wouldn't be blacksmiths of our own fate.

So, you're lazy and you don't really care about the truth, is essentially what you're telling me.
Being Christian isn't about grueling hours in church and acting like you're a good person.

"I'm a pretty decent person..." That's not how salvation works. Salvation is through Christ and Christ alone.

The logical view here is that man made god, not the other way around. How many gods has humanity created to help explain natural phenomena? and you're telling me out of the thousands and thousands of deities that man has created out of fear and ignorance, the religion that also just so happens to be the most popular in the world, is the correct one. That doesn't look like logic to me, it looks like someone doesn't want to accept a hard truth.

How did your "logic" lead to you determine that there not only IS a god, but that Jesus Christ was his literal son and that your SPECIFIC interpretation of Christ's nature (Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran, etc) is the correct one?

Hard Mode: Do not use the fucking Bible to support your answer. It is not a credible source on ANYTHING.

That's fairly accurate about the truth part at least. I can't say I really care. I'll live my life try to enjoy myself and be a decent person and then I'll die. Not a huge deal, that's just the way it is. Maybe it's through Christ or maybe the buddhists were right all along and you've pissed away days of your life for no reason who knows.

Either way, it's not worth spending time worrying about.

That wouldn't work. Instead on the basis that each race has the right of self-determination and that it is sinful to mix with other races. However there would still be lots of anti-semitism

But user, "Faith without works is dead!"

-

what a fucking joke of a god. "Forget people born and raised in different cultures, they belong in hell."