Lifting Shoe Advice

I had the faggot gym manager tell me I couldn't squat in my socks today. This was after I have lifted there for 2 fucking years and I only lift in socks for deadlift and squat. I need suggestions for shoes. I am still a bit of a fatty so I can't wear anything tryhard. Ideas?

converse

If you're used to squatting in socks, just get some chuck Taylor's

How does that not look wierd as fuck with gym shorts and a tshirt?

If you think you'll look weird in chucks, I promise you look weirder in just socks

Idk most people don't notice/care

Ok maybe so. But that just lasts for the 5 minutes that I do the lift before moving on to other lifts.

Also, what cut of those are yall talking about? The super low ones or what?

Just get low top chucks then dude, fucking christ

/thread

You have been lifting for two years and you have never seen that this is what like half of all lifters wear? Am I being baited? Also wrestling shoes work fine, anything with a flat and stable sole.

I am now hijacking this thread with my own non-retarded question. I'm a weightlifter who a few months ago hurt my knee doing snatches. I've finally started to get back into squatting (high bar ATG) but I'm trying to put less strain on my knees. I've decided to switch from oly shoes to minimalist wrestling shoes as in my mind this will help keep the weight off my knees. Assuming I can still hit proper depth (my mobility is very good so normally not a problem) is there and issue with using flat soles? Am I right in thinking that flat shoes will help or did I just placebo myself? I really want to try to preserve my knees better.

If you're only squatting for five minutes, you're doing something horribly wrong.

Also, if you're that embarrassed by the chucks, just switch to another pair of shoes when you move on to your complimentary exercises

Good form will help. It's not about the shoes homeboi. Just deload

any weightlifting/powerlifting shoe from adidas/Nike will do just fine

I think you've got the right idea. Not sure exactly what wrestling shoes would run you, but I've had pretty great success this year with a 40 USD pair of Tigers that I found at Marshalls.

Ok its more like 10 minutes but w/e.

I just hate how thick most runnign shoes soles are. I need to find some flat ones

Chicks are flat. If they are too thick, get wrestling shoes. Problem solved. Now stop trying to steal my thread

You're probably right, I hate it though. Also where I train its kind of dangerous to let the weight fall behind you so in order to stop that I tend to err on the side of caution by making sure I never catch too far back, cobdsewuentially when I mess up its because I catch it too far forwards (I've developed a bad habit of kind of jumping forwards under the bar in both lifts, which might be why the problem occurred in the first place)
Cheers, I already have an aside pair from deadlifting which work well

I bet your ankle mobility is probably still poopoo

Get romaleos or adipowers senpai

If you want one pair for everything just get some chucks or those reebok powerlifting shoes if you have money to burn. If you want specific shoes, I'd recommend romaleos over adipowers for squats. For deadlifts I'd go with either a pair of wrestling shoes or Merrell vapors, personally I prefer vapors.

If I were you OP I would just get some chucks, an average-to-intermediate lifter doesn't really need weightlifting shoes unless ankle mobility is complete garbage

just get something with flat soles, I use my all stars