First time here and tired of being fat Veeky Forums

First time here and tired of being fat Veeky Forums

Im 18 around 6 feet and weigh around 240(last time I've weighed myself was about 2 months or so ago and I was 236 after a week of working out). I've been a heavier guy for as long as I can remember. I've tried starving myself and dieting/tracking calories but I find both to be extremely hard. I am planning on attemting to starve myself for a second round with surviving off of only water for as long as possible and if needed eat a nutrigrain bar or a fruit. Don't worry I'm planning on also working out and running to increase the fat loss process along with preventing saggy extra skin.

My plan is that starting Monday, June 27th (today basically) decrease my food consumption extremely since I've read that if you randomly stop eating your body will preserve fat from a panic mode it goes into. Will start eating several fruits a day and drinking a lot more water. Addicted to coke so will most likely eat try to drink one a day (coming from 2 or 3 a day at times). Hopefully after doing this for a week or so my body will get accustomed to the change and I'll decrease my food consumption to the point where I only eat maybe 1 or two pieces of fruit a day.

I'm basically here asking for tips on how I'd make this safer for myself, increase fat lose and making it faster as well as how I could prevent myself from giving into eating.

>pic is me

Thank you Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

symmetricstrength.com/
whatscookingamerica.net/NutritionalChart.htm
ss.fitness/
2alamen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/burn-the-fat-feed-the-muscle-tom-venuto.pdf
exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
youtube.com/watch?v=Boe4TrKXi6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm going to assume this is a troll, but on the off chance that it's not:

Stop being so stupid. You need food to live. Fucking eat it. Use myfitnesspal to determine how many calories you need to eat. I know you find it hard, but your solution cannot be to starve yourself. Aim for 1 pound a week. Lift weights. Do your cardio. Eat fucking food.

Definitely not a troll, I know my body need food but I really am fucking tired of being fat. Every morning I wake up and see/feel my stomach and stretch marks it pisses me the fuck up. This is only temporary because after that I go to a normal day and continue eating like normal.
I don't want to work out and diet to get slimmer in a year, I worked out for 2 weeks with a friend who motivated me to get up and do that every morning at 5 am and damn did it feel good but haven't ever since, managed to loose 6 pounds in a week for eating bellow 2000 calories but I want to see myself getting thinner quicker, just want no not have a protruding bump in stomach.

im gonna be honest, your diet need are going to be a battle of the mind. you need to get in the mindset that if you're staring at a snack or some junkfood that you dont need it

even if youre hungry or your mouth is watering and it smells fucking amazing, you're just going to have to control yourself and understand you dont need it

and i think you can do it. you can do it

I've heard that drinking water when hungry will help with feeling less hungry. Is this true?

Also this is from that 2 weeks of working out and dieting I did, lost six pounds in a week but since then have stopped tracking and working out.

Maybe start by hitting the gym 6 days a week.

> My plan is that starting Monday, June 27th (today basically) decrease my food consumption extremely since I've read that if you randomly stop eating your body will preserve fat from a panic mode it goes into. Will start eating several fruits a day and drinking a lot more water. Addicted to coke so will most likely eat try to drink one a day (coming from 2 or 3 a day at times). Hopefully after doing this for a week or so my body will get accustomed to the change and I'll decrease my food consumption to the point where I only eat maybe 1 or two pieces of fruit a day.

What am I reading?

I want to do that by have no membership, wanted to get one but being the retard I am I quit my job and blew my last paycheck on stupid shit I can't remember. Want to get a membership in Lifetime fitness as the guy who originally motivated me goes there and I actually really enjoy the vibe there

Your gross misunderstanding of diet, food, and nutrition will ultimately ruin your health in the long run, OP.

Read the sticky, figure out the amount of calories you should be getting, eat about 500 less than that. Eat healthy, and no, 2 pieces of fruit isn't healthy, it's retarded.

Focus your meals around FRESH VEGETABLES. The fiber will make you feel full for longer. Have some meat to go with it, healthy fats like cooking in coconut oil, a little dairy, a little fruit, and try cutting all processed sugars and snacks. Fucking avoid it.

You have no idea what normal is. If you did, you wouldn't be fat. If you lose weight and then go back to your retarded concept or normal, you will just get fat again.

You need to get a scale and log everything on MFP. Learn what normal actually is to a real human and not your fucked up hambeast interpretation of normal.

Your plan is stupid and you will fail.

What I plan to do.
Decrease food consumption to fruit only and drink a lot more water basically

Assuming you're not a troll...

You're not going to make it. Not like this. This problem was a long time coming, it's not going away in two weeks. You won't be able to starve yourself like that, period. Even if you could it doesn't work like that. Read the fucking sticky and lurk. Nothing worth having comes easily. There is no magic secret, count your calories and work out. You're talking about lifestyle and mindset changes, not fucking two week course correction. If this is something you're serious about then do it. That's all there is to it. Just know that if you're too weak, mentally, to become the person you want to be, there are plenty of us out here living the life you can only dream of. Bitches don't fuck excuses.

You will be weak, in starvation mode, fuck up your metabolism, and you'll be worse off. Stop being a dumbass. Read up on proper nutrition. If you can't do the research be prepared to feel like shit the rest of your life.

This user is right, and you need to just read the sticky and follow it if you're really not a troll

Do not do that.. Start off by reading the sticky.

You're overweight now, your plan will lead you to become horribly, clinically underweight

Eat less than what you are eating now. Stay the fuck away from coke/pepsi (unless it's diet) and eat enough to gain and maintain muscle

Also, read the sticky you delusional fuck

google.com

Please explain how starvation will fuck me up in the long run. I genuinely want to know. Also if starvation won't work then what's the second fastest way of reducing body fat
The fact that I plan on starving myself shows how desperate I am to loose the weight and fat

I don't plan on becoming bones thin, pretty sure that's not possible for me. Just starve my body to the point where I've lost fat and weigh to look like a normal human and potential start working on muscle gaining from there. The starvation part is to increase the speed of which I'm loosing fat (well more like prevent myself from gaining more fat)

Because you don't have any self control. If you did, you wouldn't be fat.

Here's how starvation works in your mind: for the first time ever, you have control over what you shove in your mouth, and you stop shoving all of the things you love in your mouth for months while your body eats itself. You wake up one day a butterfly emerged from your cocoon and go back to the same eating pattern that destroyed your first body, only this time it doesn't, because of reasons.

Here's how it works in real life: you last for about six hours, then you chug some high calorie soda. Then on day two you reward yourself for doing so well by cheating with an entire bag of chips. Then on day 7 you post to Veeky Forums explaining why CICO is bullshit because you gained weight while eating only two pieces of fruit a day.

Read the sticky. Buy a scale. Log EVERYTHING on MFP. You eat ONE skittle, you log it. Eat 500 calories/day under your TDEE. Post results in a year when you're not disgusting.

Otherwise, do your BS and fail. What do I care.

I gotta be at work in the morning so I'm giving you a quick answer.

Your body requires a vast amount of NUTRIENTS to function properly. Imagine if you have a car and you only used a few drops of gas and oil and trans fluid in the car. Do you think it would run properly? No. Neither will your body.

When you hit starvation mode, your body will want to hold on to all the weight it can after that as a survival mechanism. So you'll have a hard time losing your blubber while in starvation mode, and after that, if you eat normally again your body will hold on as much of that as possible, making you gain weight very fast.

Seriously, OP, READ UP ON NUTRITION AND WHAT MAKES A DIET HEALTHY. You are only hurting yourself at this point.

You can fuck up your metabolism if you over do it. You'll have to eat 1400 calories to maintain weight. I think that's only in extreme cases with morbidly obese people though.

>I don't plan on becoming bones thin, pretty sure that's not possible for me.

The fact that you typed that sentence shows you have no idea how the human body works. You have been fat for so long you can't imagine yourself as a fit person - and that's sad.

Stop making these grand delusional plans and read the fucking sticky. View the next 3-5 years as a project where you don't starve yourself but you simply eat less calories than you burn.

How would I find my TDEE?
Thank you user, will save pic for referance and think more into depth.
So eating 1400 calories would maintain my current weight with no excersise?
Meaning say If I do that and work out at the same time I'd be able to loose fat?

It's honestly hard to see myself thin and normal, would like to get there though, seeing everyone's reaction I'm discouraged from starving but I did want to start this plan today(Monday) it's hard to eat healthy and fresh foods since I don't do my cooking and don't shop at whole foods. Starving just seemed to be the quickest and cheapest solution.

Would like to be at least thin (not all muscled up just comfortable without a shirt) by the upcoming Spring. How realistic do you think that would be if I do as recommended by you and other anons?

OP here

Also say I don't starve myself (feeling discouraged now) how would I know how many calories I'd be eating when I'm eating out in lesser know restaurants (small restaurants around the downtown area( where they don't have nutrition facts

hey imma give you some advice

people on Veeky Forums don't like starvation meme diets..
but honestly you just gotta change it up a bit. look up protein sparing modified fast. basically, if you are gonna be restricting your intake drastically, try to get as much protein as possible...

maybe 1200-1600 kcal a day with most of that coming from protein...

also lift

bye

I was 280, now I'm 177. You're going to make it.

If you're goal is to be skinny, give yourself 2 years. At least.

You don't need a fancy expensive grocery store. google some guides of how to eat healthy on a budget. Or if someone has the infographics, share it. Buy lettuce and spinach, peanut butter, greek yogurt, cuts of chicken, beans/lentils, a little bit of fruit, and learn to cook.

Yea but the 1400 is only a rare case. Try to not have that happen to you.

What are some food you suggest to do this?
Thank you user, your replies really are giving my a confidence boost on being able to achieve, just wish it'd be quicker

It took me 5 years.

But you have the rest of your life ahead of you.

We are all going to make it.

chicken, meat, eggs, that sorta shit. when I first started out I lived on chicken sandwiches for a while. tho you could do without the bread...depends.

Basically look for foods that are lean, have a lot of protein, and that you can manage to live on for a long time without having to gag too much. If you want to you can go about it a little slower by adding carbs or fats here. Just depends...people here will advocate for like 40/40/20 carbs/prot/fat ratio. but iunno. I personally have a lot of progress on high fat and med/high protein diets, but keto is a huge meme here. Basically, do you eat more carb-y foods or fat-y foods?

Being as I'm Hispanic my diet consists on tortillas and some for of meat, don't eat many vegetables which I know is stupid of me. Breakfast is usually coffee, with creamer and sugar with a crescent

Thanks user, will try my best

Just google a TDEE calculator, or use what MFP recommends.

For lesser known restaurants, just assume they use all kinds of butters and oils in the kitchen that you can't see. If you get a chicken parm, search MFP for chicken parm and choose something from a giant chain like Applebees or TGIF. The values in MFP will probably be higher than what you're actually eating, but not by a lot, and it's better to err on the safe side.

Like the other anons have said, eat lots of proteins and lay off the fat and carbs but don't go crazy.

Well for starters avoid that as much as you can while you get used to counting calories. After a while of counting you should start to get a feel for it, and be able to ballpark the counts for foods you can't directly measure.

ight prolly lay off the cream a bit. you need to be counting your calories very closely. get a cheap food scale and use those medicine measuring cups. Go and buy some 90/10 or 80/10 lean to fat ground beef and try that out, don't go crazy on seasonings either. chicken breasts as well. tortillas, iunno man. eat em sparingly. carbs can catch up to ya quick. but basically the main thing is count your calories.

I am going to lay you out a step by step plan OP.

This is coming from a dude who weighed close to 300 pounds when 18 and dropped down to 185. This is mostly going to be mental.

1.) You are not special. You are not unique. You are not superman. Get this through your fat skull. You have no knowledge of nutrition, of fitness, of weightloss, or what even normal is or looks like. Assume you currently have no knowledge of it whatsoever. None. You are at kindergarden stage, and you need to at least be highschool level to start losing this weight.

2.) you don't get to ask questions about what people here are telling you. You came here because you are fundamentally incapable of doing this yourself and you need help. If someone tells you you are fucking stupid then you are fucking stupid. Starvation mode, really? . You are demanding everyone here explain exactly why what you are thinking is wrong, in order to find a reason not to listen to them. Stop it.

3.) Research, then Plan. It is a good first step that you are taking in asking people for help. But most people come in for pre-concieved notions and stop here. You are showing it in your responses.

4.) Its gonna take a while. You built this crap body over 18 years, its not going to be fixed in a month or even three. Look for about 6-8 months to look on the crappy end of normal, 1 yr+ to start looking normal. You want everything now. its the reason why you got fat and why you will stay fat. Immediate gratification is your enemy.

5.) Here are some research links:

symmetricstrength.com/
whatscookingamerica.net/NutritionalChart.htm
ss.fitness/ ( a really good one, read it, study it, learn it live it LOVE IT).
2alamen.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/burn-the-fat-feed-the-muscle-tom-venuto.pdf (pdf, good one, read it)
exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Thank you all for the help, gonna hit the bed now, gotta wake up in 4 hours to go for a run with my pal, told him about wanting to get fit, not the starving (which I will no longer do)

careful about runnin, take it easy until you're around 200

What do you mean by that?
I'm not a complete slob, I play tennis and am pretty good at it, have ran before, usted to do a mile every weekday when I went to the gym wih him

I'm glad you decided on not starving yourself. I started working out and eating healthy a week ago, and I feel way stronger than before. My plan was to come here, post a picture of myself and just write "I have no experience working out whatsoever, pls halp" Turns out that everything you need to know is in the sticky. You can do it OP. Good luck.

youtube.com/watch?v=Boe4TrKXi6I
just do this at least 4 days a week thank me later