Bent over rows underhand grip. Thoughts?

Bent over rows underhand grip. Thoughts?

seems dangerous for your bicep

Couldn't you easily rupture it at higher weights? Seems a little unsafe.

Doesn't matter all that much.
You'll do more reps due to bicep involvement, but that means your back won't be working as hard per rep, so it balances out really.

And as user above said, if you are going super heavy and using anything less than strict form, you may hurt your biceps.

Have fun with that torned bicep

Better not bench anymore since you can tear your pec

fucking weak autistic summer faggots

no idea. I don't lift too heavy on it because I do lat pulldowns on the same day. It seems to hit my lats more than overhand grip.

>Better not bench anymore since you can tear your pec

Wat.

You're unnecessarily putting a lot of stress on a small muscle when you're working your upper back. It makes absolutely no sense to do it this way.

Some shit is more dangerous than others. You're not making any more gains in your lats by doing it this way, but you're exponentially increasing the risk of tearing your bicep when you're rowing 135lbs+. I think you might be the autistic one unless you're trolling

Seems about as retarded as doing behind the neck lat pulldowns or presses.

Good recipe for damage for no additional gains

You're an idiot.
Bicep tears are a hell of a lot more common and likely than pec tears. Particularly when people use less than strict form at max effort.

Because max-effort + momentum = more force than your tendons and muscle can handle = fuck your shit UP.

>bicep
>small muscle
Unless you have a massive pump in your bicep and cant full extend your arm it you might be more prone to injury.
But the average person can keep his arms bent since it is not has heavy as their deadlift.

I did rows with 140kg, underhand grip, without a problem. If anything Id say deadlifting with alternating grip is more dangerous.

Nothing wrong with doing any exercise as long as you can do it correctly.

Deadlifts can cause people to get bulged discs but nothing wrong with them because as always... form is what matters.

If you cant do something right then dont go into the gym.

t. someone stronger than you

Agreed

Yes but the point is that you're still exponentially increasing the risk, for no real benefit.

>Rows with 140kg

I somehow highly doubt you row over 300lbs, strict. And if you did, don't you think that if somehow that weight shifted onto your biceps, when... i dunno maybe you are on your last 2 reps of final set, your bicep could EASILY snap?

>dumb people fuck their shit up normal people dont have a problem with
>implying I am stupid

summerfags ahoy

But what's the point of increasing the risk so much?

it's like behind the neck presses, it serves no benefit but it has fucked up countless rotator cuffs

Not the person you're replying to but you sound like a weak faggot. 140 kg row isnt mind blowing and if your bicep is so fragile that it'll easily snap then you must be made out of gingerbread.

>exponentially increasing the risk, for no real benefit.
How about there is no real risk if you do it right and some people find the row to hit their back better in supe grip. You'd know if you actually went to the gym and tried stuff out.

Nothing wrong with behind the neck if you're safe.
DL has fucked up countless backs? Should we ban it? Think about it.
You're a total DYEL.

But people often tear biceps when doing lifts correctly.

You sound really insecure

>S-S-STOP CRITICIZING MY FAVORITE EXERCISE IT IS PERFECTLY SAFE YOU'RE JUST A D-DYEL

kys

>DL has fucked up countless backs? Should we ban it? Think about it.

Please show me evidence of this.

Behind the neck press is an exercise that caters to people wit a certain flexibility, it is not a bad movement it is just that a lot of people cant do it properly but do it anyway and by doing so injure themselves.

Its something about knowing your own limitations.

if anything it loaded my posterior chain up more, your bicep doesnt have a flexible antagonist

>Nothing wrong with behind the neck if you're safe.

What benefit does it serve when it's literally a movement that fucks up your shoulders without a doubt at heavy weights?

This is what retarded bodybuilders say for a few years until their rotator cuffs are completely fucked up and they can't even bench anymore without severe pain

Tell that to Klokov.

But for what purpose

It's just a bad exercise and there's safer options. Instead of tricep extensions or skullcrushers for example you can do tricep pushdowns or closegrip bench press which doesn't cause your shoulders to likely fuck up

If one person blasting HGH and a stack of 8 other compounds did it doesn't make it a good choice.

Yeah at top levels / crazy heavy weight generally. At that point anything could happen. What's your argument, you shouldnt lift heavy because injuries can occur even with correct form? If it could happen on any exercise then why is any exercise really "worse"?

Stay mad senpai

just because a retarded bodybuilder does something retarded on x exercise doesnt mean the exercise is bad. Again by your logic, you'd be against pretty much any exercise because someone out there has hurt themselves doing it.

The purpose is to build muscle ya dyel. There's no such thing as a bad exercise just a person with bad form.
I like how you assume that weight lifters will always get bad shoulders or something. Not everyone has weak shoulders, you know that right?

Personally I do highish rep seated BTN press, I don't use a weight I couldn't rep at least 20 times if I maxed my effort.

It has absolutely had a better effect on growing my lateral delts than anything else.

I do agree though that if you treat it like any lift and go for max reps at whatever weight, every set, you're gonna have a bad time.

It's the people who can't see beyond every exercise needing to be til failure or "one in the tank" that give most exercises a bad name to be honest.

>h-hey Veeky Forums which grip should I..
>OH SHIT

>Again by your logic, you'd be against pretty much any exercise because someone out there has hurt themselves doing it.

I'm saying to weigh the benefit/risk.

Deadlifts - if proper form is followed and you don't try to do one rep maxes or some dumb shit, the exercise is very beneficial and has minimal risk.

Behind the neck press versus just regular ohp? - Gains are minimal if none at all but you're risking your shoulder health. Not worth it.

durrr, do more than one style of grip....

>Gains are minimal if none at all

This isn't true.
The difference in deltoid head involvement is pretty noticeable and given consistent training you will definitely see a more rounder looking shoulder.
But as I said above, training it with the narrow minded "must get stronger" attitude is what causes problems.

I bet you wear flip flops in your own shower

Supe Grip Rows - if proper form is followed and you dont try to do one rep maxes or some dumb shit, the exercise is very beneficial and has minimal risk.

btfo, now shoo

He clearly gets minimal gains hence why he thinks everyone else does as well.
I'm sure nobody knows better than this skelly armchair dyel though.

I mean if he's that fragile perhaps he should just stick to cardio/BW exercises.

None of the fags here can row heavy enough to tear their bicep.

If you have correct form them underhand is better than overhand for bodybuilding / muscle activation stuff. Overhand is more for strenght training.

just fuck my biceps up: the exercise

Jay cutler does these never seen him do over hand grip and I watched couple of his DVDs. Do 2 sets of both I do that. Under hand grip is easier so you can go heavier

fuck off