Got a question for you folks

Got a question for you folks

I do a lot of cycling. Throughout a week I cover about 150-300 miles as long my work schedule allows it. During a particular run I eat and hydrate as I am supposed to but eventually hit the proverbial brick wall where I run out of carbs and switch over to burning fat. This is a very uncomfortable feeling and brings the ride down from a steady 25-30 mph average to a about 10-15 at the most but I can manage it.

With weight loss being my biggest goal, my question is this: Is it healthy to power trough the wall to burn pure fat or is it better and healthier to load up on carbs the day before and during the ride to maintain a longer ride under full power?

Other urls found in this thread:

bicycling.com/training/2015-tour-de-france/you-versus-tour-de-france-pro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's your weight and i doubt you are at a steady 25 to 30 mph with any significant amount of fat

im 6'3" currently at 294lbs. I can maintain 30 mph for a steady 30 min on flat terrain, regular cruising speed is around 25mph.

That's a good one tubs

I have no reason to lie to you, simply came here for insightful advice.

Im not talking about track circuit either, these are regular paved trails, so of course there are section where higher speeds are impossible due to traffic and other obstacles.

Do you cycle in the tour de france?

bicycling.com/training/2015-tour-de-france/you-versus-tour-de-france-pro

Do you mean kilometers? Kph? That'd be a little believable

Used to be a cyclist competitive at collegiate level, eat while you ride. Or else you will crash. I used to do 20-40mph rides for 70 miles in huge groups. Everyone eats. Cat 1's to Unranked

After reading OP's post, I've decided there is no way that he is this capable of riding without learning these simple cyclist ideas of... Eating while riding

no. My typical ride consists of about 2-3 hours with about 15 min of that being stops for quick rest.

The various trails are varied so some only allow slower speeds. Point is the above figures are my peaks, I know im fat as fuck, but i do enjoy ramping it up to full power for around 30 min. Im dying after those 30 min, but for me its enjoyable in a weird way.

You should reread the post then, because I mentioned that I do eat while I ride, but eventually I still run out of energy.

So I should at all costs avoid the wall? Keep in mind competition is not my goal.

Bruh, i do 186000mps and eat a 4ml piece of salmon and drink 8newtons of water, are you saying that's not science?

I used to eat every 30min. Also ride more. More you ride the better you get at it. Anything under 2 hours I wouldn't bother to eat. 2 hours+ eat

There is no way that you are riding at 30mph for any significant amount of time unless you live on a fucking mountain. Your numbers are wrong

I don't believe you are capable of riding a normal frame, rims, or tires at almost 300lb.

Go fuck yourself

Fast carbon roadbike, no headwind and flat ground. Its completely feasible, but like i mentioned above that energy exertion leads to a stop after a half hour at the most.

user, I've used a basic trek 3 series for 6 years when I was above 350lbs.

Read my post above. At 150lb and 6 foot, competing, I had to really be putting effort down to hold 30mph. I don't think you can ride a carbon bike at almost 300lb.
I rode a Giant TCR SL 0 with zipp 404's, what would I know about the limits of fast carbon road bikes..

Aluminum is not carbon. Carbon can get fucked hard if you are a fat piece of shit who lies on a Yugoslavian splashless urinal cake forum.

Are you 300lbs solid fucking muscle?

well i dont know what to tell you. I seem to manage just fine on my domane 4.3 disc. The bike takes my weight like a champ, and I've been using it as a weightloss machine to great effect.

Goes to show how much you really fucking know. The limit is not on the frames. The weight limit would be on the wheels, and they make loads of different wheel types for different riders and applications.

Granted landing in a pothole or some ditch will not only destroy the wheel as well as critically damage or compromise the carbon frame due to the weightload, but they are just as tough as an aluminum frame.

The main difference is carbon is in most cases not worth repairing, while aluminum can be in fixed with relative ease.

Carbload when you're competing, until then just keep doing cardio in as fasted a state as possible.

But if you've got a race or something coming up by all means go to town on pasta the days before.

First off. Don't take shit off google. Check my post above, nigger. Frames can totally flex on heavy load. Cmon now. I promise I didn't ride 400 miles a week for 3 years and not know a fucking thing.

Well you can believe what you like, im not here to argue with you. I'm just stating facts and I'm telling you that my bike can handle it.

On a serious note, I'm 400lbs and 5'6". I ride 800 miles a week and do an average of 47mph; is there any way that i can get faster?

ecksdeee

Take your question to /n/. These plebs only know about lifting weights.

I figured it would be more fitting to post here since its a question not so much about cycling but more about the metabolism and body energy

>/fat/ know about metabolism

Oh and don't use the term wall. We call it bonking. /fat/ uses the term wall in the same way as reddit try and /r9k/.

>bonking
alright

so since you seem to know your shit, can you give me a tldr answer? Is it healthy in the long run? I dont want to fuck my shit up permanently.

OP doesn't bonk though, his light 30mph ride and being 100lbs over weight just slow down his metabolism. He just need a way to speed up his metabolism so how do you do that Veeky Forums? OP just needs a metabolism boost

Uh oh, delusional fatty
I think it may actually be physically impossible for someone your size to go that fast on an unassisted bicycle. At nearly 300 there's no way you're not fat. You are delusional as fuck. I bet your idea of 30 miles is more like 10

Where did I ever state I wasn't fat? Why do you guys get triggered so easily when all someone wanted was simple advice?

>too stupid to realize he claimed the be as fast as a professional tour details France rider at 300 lbs
He posted the link for a reason tubs, you're just like that fat chick that claimed to run a 3-4 min mile

Pretty sure I stated that those were my peaks in flawless conditions, with a mention that once I keep the pace for a relatively short time I feel like death.

Calm yourself.

>stating facts
No you're not, your stating assumptions and guesstimations. There's no fucking way a 300 lb fatass is riding at speeds competitive to a professional tour de France rider. Most hose guys are doped up on top of it. You obviously never actually used anything that would even mildly measure your "progress " accurately. Go get some devices that give you feedback and give yourself a big ol' reality check

I'm a pretty avid cyclist and have done century rides. At the peak of my cycling fitness, I could maintain about 28kph (17mph). I could sprint at about 45kph (28mph) but no more than a few minutes.

I too call BS on OP. Also, OP's question is pure bai-ttier.

> when the body switches over from burning carbs to fat

WTF? That's not the wall you dipshit. The wall is when the muscles in your body runs out of glucose and you're forced to continue. As someone who used to run marathons, you know when you hit is as it will take all your energy just to walk or even breathe.

If weight loss is your goal, READ THE FUCKING STICKY. Cycling is just a form of cardio.

So another board can laugh at him? There may not be much info on biking here, but op has some delusionals he needs to take care of before he can make it

Why do you think i have to say you're not fat for me to call you the fatty you are? Were triggered because you're exactly like the delusional fatties that are posted in fat hate threads. You lie to yourself and perform mental gymnastics like no other. This board is for being truthful with yourself. You're lying so hard to yourself that you long forgot the truth. Lying to yourself to make yourself feel content with how you are is why you weigh 300 lbs fatty. Your posts stand for everything this board does not

>delusions oozing from everywhere

> pic related. OP is a fag.

Same poster as here - I guess shouldn't be a total dick either. OP, in case you're not trolling, your speed drop indicates that you don't know how to ride a road bike. Google one word: CADENCE. You should be moving your legs at 90RPM-ish (I generally go around 110) and using your gears, not to go faster, but to maintain your cadence. Your speed drop indicates to me that you're just pedaling as hard as you can until you get tired, which is not how road bikes are ridden.

You're not hitting the wall, you'll know when that happens. You're just getting tired.

So what did you use to measure these "peek" stats? Are you on strava or anything? Give me data. If you have no data, you are full of shit

>steady 25-30 mph average

You are faster than Eddy fucking Merckx? Did you just confused Kilometers with Miles or is it some form of mental disability?

>bicycling.com/training/2015-tour-de-france/you-versus-tour-de-france-pro

Keep in mind, that's also riding with the peloton, where you have support from your team.

Should we make our first Veeky Forums sponsored tour team? This fatty fuck fuck could anchor for us with his cruising speeds of 25 mph and we'd still mop up those drugged up foreign fucks

Fuck I laughed.

I found a picture of OP

OP could bike from new York to L.A. in a little over 5 days

Legs too thin