Why would any business accept Bitcoin? It seems like something that was designed for weebs and neckbeards...

Why would any business accept Bitcoin? It seems like something that was designed for weebs and neckbeards, rather than an asset that people can work with.

Explain this shit, Veeky Forums.

>Inb4 no-coiner faggotry.

Honestly.

They probably shouldn't, Core fumbled the ball with their hubris small block faggotry.

It takes me 30 minutes to an hour to move bitcoin between exchanges and usually $1 or more.

There are other coins that are way faster and way cheaper.

>accept cash
>it becomes worthless
>accept bitcoin
>it gains value

Same reason business eventually started accepting credit cards. Customers wanted to use them as payment, and it wasn't an inconvenience to the business.

The days of wanting to "buy a coffee" with bitcoin are effectively over. Bitcoin is a store of value and a basis for trading other coins.

Now there's a war to be the payment system backed by bitcoin.

>There are other coins that are way faster and way cheaper.
Can you name them?

>Accept cash.
>It inflates at 3% per year.
>Accept bitcoin.
>It loses 3% of its value in a day.

>The days of wanting to "buy a coffee" with bitcoin are effectively over. Bitcoin is a store of value and a basis for trading other coins.
Customers want to use Bitcoin as a form of payment, but now they don't and just use it to trade other cryptocurrencies.

Uh...

>Now there's a war to be the payment system backed by bitcoin.
Also, why would anyone care about that if no one takes it?

There already are. Look up "parallel polis" in Prague. They literally don't accept any other payments, than crypto.
It's sometime funny when normies strawl in and go all rage on the owners with cash in hand.

You can buy the coffee with bitcoin in Prague's parallel polis.

It's the song before the dance
Goy tags inbound .

>You can buy the coffee with bitcoin in Prague's parallel polis.
Okay, what about items that are outside of anarchist circles?

When our paper was backed with gold how often could you throw down a gold brick and walk out with goods?

>Accept cash
>It inflates at 3% per year.
>Accept bitcoin
>It appreciates 700% in a year

That's anyone who accepted it 365 days ago buddy.

>weebs and neckbeards

If I were a business owner, I dont think the money would be worth attracting these people to my business

You guys are completely missing an entire half of the equation.

Why would anyone PAY for something with Bitcoin instead of cash or another coin.

Dogecoin, Bitbean, Digibyte

Thanks! I'll take a look at those.

>Why would anyone PAY for something with Bitcoin instead of cash or another coin.
That is the most important question. Then again, processors like Bitpay don't accept other coins at the moment.

Dumb fuck, no real crypto enthusiast/investor thinks BTC should be used as currency. It is a store of value mother fucker. Huge fucking difference. BTC is like your Roth IRA, you hold wealth in it, periodically you can withdraw if you wish to have some liquidity.

In 2011, most people in the bitcoin community seemed interested in tipping and using it as a currency.

Times have just changed.

>Dumb fuck, no real crypto enthusiast/investor thinks BTC should be used as currency.
It seems like the market both agrees and disagrees with this assertion. That's why I asked.

>Hmm, if I accept this internet monopoly money for my goods and services, and act quickly enough, I might actually make money!

Widespread adoption follows.

>Widespread adoption follows.
Except that this isn't happening. I suppose it's because of a previous poster's mention that other coins are real "currencies."

It takes time. It is happening. Do you remember when it wasn't legal tender in Japan and accepted at thousands of businesses?

>Do you remember when it wasn't legal tender in Japan and accepted at thousands of businesses?
Like I said at the beginning, weebs and neckbeards. :P

In all seriousness, how many transactions are being done in Bitcoin over there?

The trouble with these coins is that they are prices at about a tenth of a penny to a penny.

I have no idea, I couldn't even begin to speculate.

It may help to clarify that I'm skeptical of bitcoins future long term, but of cryptocurrency, in general, I am not. Eventually more efficient and radical forms will emerge which will make it undeniably superior to fiat. Bitcoin, to me, is merely a prototype.

>It may help to clarify that I'm skeptical of bitcoins future long term, but of cryptocurrency, in general, I am not.
It's certainly an interesting idea, but I'm a skeptic from the business perspective.

is it possible to short bitcoin when it crashes

You do realize that financial transactions through traditional means take upwards of a whole day right?

Yes, but they're much less expensive and niche.

How much less expensive?

>crypto bank of america
>relies on chinese miners to process payments
>crypto european bank
>relies on russian miners
oh boy

Ruh roh!

We've more than doubled since summer, and you say that like you know what the fuck you're talking about

>We've more than doubled since summer,
And? Is that based on genuine growth or speculation?