Why you can't lose weight according to Buzzfeed

I don't even know what to say, you guys better watch this because this is getting out of control

youtube.com/watch?v=h9hywVwKSjo

>You guys better watch this

Fuck off shillerino. Get your clicks somewhere else

kys cunt, I don't own the buzzfeed youtube channel

why are those faggots so fucking dumb

that's something the owner of the buzzfeed youtube channel would say.

holy shit user you're right

I loathe buzzfeed as much as the next misanthrope but this doesn't seem as sensational as you're making it out to be

the biggest weakness is the implication that, because CICO is not the literal only factor in fat loss, it can be disregarded, but the only explicit claims are pretty well sourced. anyone care to refute?

Im absolutely okay with them spreading shit like this to guys. The less fit guys there are, the higher chance I have of finally getting a gf thats worth my time

yeah i'd love to see the source that proves metabolic drop can counteract a good diet and exercise.

it's a lie

metabolic drop never exceeds 5% of your TDEE (ballpark figure of course)

>fat is good
>newborn

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Im absolutely okay with them spreading shit like this to guys. The less fit guys there are, the higher chance I have of finally getting a gf thats worth my time

the pool of normal to fit women will decrease as well.

>the pool of normal to fit women will decrease as well.
This. Retards like should fuck off.

I'm lazy and have no self-control, please make me feel good about myself: the PSA

CICO is irrefutable scientific law. The human body literally CAN'T function any other way.

What is REALLY happening is that all these "other factors" (i.e. genetics, conditions, etc.) are just part of the "CO" half of CICO.

For example, all hypothyroidism does is slightly lower how many calories your body requires in a day. (In other words, it reduces "CO".) IT DOES NOT MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO LOSE WEIGHT.

shit, my gf happens to watch buzzfeed once in a while, what do i do to cancel this propaganda?

You'll notice, though, that virtually all of this "yes it's true, you really can't lose weight, it's okay to be fat" propaganda is aimed at women. Nobody gives a flying fuck if some fat GUY can't get a date, because muh patriarchy. We are being taught that ALL women, no matter how fat and ugly, deserve 10/10 Brad Pitts. But the reverse is NOT true for guys.

Dump her and find Stacy

well stated, thanks. I don't think this necessarily discredits the video's point about uncontrollable factors affecting weight loss though?

curious about the previous claim of the

All these factors only directly affect your TDEE. It doesn't really matter if your TDEE is 1500 or 3500 - eating above that number will cause you to gain weight and eating below that number will cause you to lose weight.

What most people do:

1. Look up what their TDEE "should" be based on some online calculator (virtually all of which vastly over-estimate the effects of exercise.)
2. Eat at what they THINK is an amount below that number, and then give up and say "I can't lose weight because muh conditions and muh genetics."

What they SHOULD do is work backwards:
1. Track what they eat.
2. Watch what happens to their weight over time. If they are gaining weight, they are eating above their TDEE. If they are maintaining their current weight, they are eating right at their TDEE.
3. Using THAT number (and not what some online calculator told them), then eat 500 below that and lose a pound a week.

What pisses me off is that last sentence "despite what society says, theres nothing wrong with loving what you have been given."

NO ONE SAYS YOU CANT LOVE YOURSELF, CONFLICT COMES FROM YOU TELLING OTHERS THEY HAVE TO LOVE AND LIKE YOU.

you can do whatever you want. but you cant expect someone else to like what you've done just because you approve of it.

Its like saying all art should be worth and sold for millions of dollars. I mean, I love the art I create, therefor you must love the art I create and buy it!

>tfw get a shit ton of exercise but always put moderate for calculators
Lost 20 pounds in 3 months.

Fat as fatass here.

I think the stigma against fat people is sort of silly, but I also think it's silly to make up excuses. I'm fat as fuck because I'm lazy and I love food. What's so hard about admitting that? Why invent all this bullshit to dodge facts?

So what brings you to Veeky Forums today?

bumperino

Mostly to shitpost about Iranian Hercules, but I've been getting Veeky Forums for about a month. I'm nowhere near you guys, but I just wanna get healthier. I'm not morbidly obese or anything, but still

Wish me luck bros, I'm down 10 pounds

Why am I not losing weight after a whole week of exercise and working out? I think this whole losing weight thing is a scam.

>I'm nowhere near you guys
You might be surprise

good luck, man

I understand now. an evidence based approach seems obvious and should theoretically work for any circumstance

another question for anyone: are there any proven physiological factors in binge eating, food addiction etc or is it simply a matter of discipline? it's latter imo but if some people are predisposed to addiction with other substances I could see it

If your body could use calories more efficiently, it would. If it could "drop the metabolism" and perform the exact same daily activities while using less calories, it would do that all the time.

Lower metabolism means measuravly less physical activity. You become lazy and tired, so you don't move as much, and you burn less calories. In practice this means that if after you've done 1hr of cardio, you become tired and spend the rest of the day in bed, then you won't burn more calories than you would had you skipped the cardio and done housework all day.

If you follow a schedule all day you'll avoid the metabolic drop. Fat undisciplined people just eat and fall asleep whenever and wherever they please, so they have these issues.

>Only %10 calories you burn are from exercise

horry shit buzzfood,didnt know that.