Fighting

What's a good combat/fighting sport that won't interfere with lifting too much?
Like boxing is shitton of cardio and heavier muscle isn't really ideal. here they wont' even let you spar or fight unless you wanna go pro...

So for someone looking to learn to fight what should I look for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kGT2ZwTlk5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bunch of pussies yall

>very motivational pic
>oh wait roids. nvm

>Oh wait never gonna make it

I don't know anything but I'm told krav maga is the most functional/useful in real fights

I stopped by a friend's class once and it was all conditioning, minimal sparring and every single technique ended with a strike to the balls

muay thai kickboxing dude

>falling for jewish meme self defense
same as boxing, also too much fucking cardio

>cheating
>making it
stay deluded

You could probably use the conditioning

>"cheating"
>not using all available options to leave humanity behind and achieve greatness
Confirmed for never making it and staying skinnyfat faggot.

Cardio and more food dumbfuck.

Or just go to spar after watching youtube vids and shadowboxing

Or BJJ

Greco-Roman fighting

GSP is a practitioner of Muay Thai and he's huge for his weight

>whats a good combat/fighting sport to do guyssss
>oh that one
>nah thats too much cardio and as you know cardio kills gainz so fuck that

kys OP

Nah I'm fine with cardio but when it's JUST cardio and some bag punching it's annoying. that's how (kick)boxing is here. theres no big muay thai clubs. I'm thinking BJJ but I mainly wanna be able to defend myself in public due to my work people can get hostile and I dont wanna wrestle or some shit like that so not sure what

Boxing in terms of raw, essential knowledge of knowing how to throw a punch and how not to go down after getting hit once. Also being left handed in boxing is literally cheating, righties never see your punches coming.

Traditional Okinawa Karate (not the Shotokan shill bullshit, go for something like Shorin Ryu)
Wing Chun (If you have a good trainer, there are many McDojos out there)
Krav Maga (If you have a good trainer etc etc)
BJJ (Nice)
You can also do muay thai/kickboxing and something like that, but expect much much cardio.

Basically look for those clues:
Good:
Grappling Techniques
Ellbow Techniques
Training fights
Low kicks

Bad:
Only hitting/striking
Only grappling
Only overly reglemented fights (like shotokan point fighting bullshit)
Big focus on high kicks (It's good to train them, but in reality kicks against the knees, the ankles and in the groin will be of much more use)

Shut up, roidhead.

Forgot to add.
Normal western boxing can be pretty good. Not too much McDojos out there and useful arm techniques and training.
But beware of people kicking and grappling if you ONLY train boxing.

Also forgot to add:
Krav Maga CAN be really good.
But there are many many many many McDojos out there who are just pure shit.

Can somebody give me his opinion on Judo in terms of usefulness in fights?

Look at my post.
If it's only grappling, its useless.
Judo and aikido can be great as additional training, but not as a stand-alone.

no counter argument to krav maga yet. I don't practice but it seems pretty practical famalam

>falling for jew meme meme

OP here, thanks for the info. I'm mostly interested in being able to defend myself in street fight setting, not in it for sports sake you know, got this friend who's karate champ goes to all the competitions etc but that's not my kind of thing.
Due to my business I sometimes get hostile people or people that deserve to be bitch slapped so some technique besides strength should be helpful.

Krav maga is nothing but effective dirty fighting techniques for pussies and manlets

Do muay thai if you want an effective fighting style that isn't for women

He countered krav maga all by himself. A majority of the techniques revolve around hitting your opponent in the balls.

Have fun being called a dirty fighter forever and getting jumped by all the friends of the guy you're fighting

shaolin kung fu

he=me
it's very dirty, no honor or anything about it. is this thread not about fighting effectively? if there are friends waiting to jump you then your mistake was hanging with niggers, not practicing the wrong art

I agree it is not manly or cool or fair but if you're in an actual fight it seems like a good way of disabling an attacker no?

Yeah, that's why I recommended traditional Karate. Traditional Karate is a self defense system, not a competitive sport.

Addition: Look for Okinawan karate.
If it has many competition fights in it, it's no self defense, if it has training fights but mostly training, it normally is self defense.
But you need training fights. You can't use techniques if you only learn to use them in a training setup.
Normally these training fights are not as dangerous as real competitive fights, you won't get your face beaten to a pulp. Normally you get a few bruises at most.

Your post also promotes BJJ which is grappling only
U dont know shit

shaolin monks actually train retracting thier balls into body making them virtually immune to nut kicks

ask a girl who's been kicked in her vag im p sure it would still hurt a lot

I think shaolin monks are just immune to pain overall

I don't know any girls

then go outside and kick a random female passerby in their cooch and see for yourself

> Implying you could attain Arnold's physique with roids

Idk, I only trained BJJ for half a year. Here the trainer added punches, but maybe that was a personal thing, because he also trained muay thai

If you're trainer wasn't affiliated with the Gracie's it wasn't BRAZILIAN Jiu Jitsu
You might be thinking of a Japanese hue Jitsu mcdojo

BJJ or some shit.

You're gonna do some cardio either way, but the cardio kills gains meme really only applies to training for marathons and dumb catabolic shit like that.

>implying you would even want to be in arnie mode
unless the gym is really shit, there will be a shit ton of cardio. if you want something that will favor your massive physique (assuming...), you should look into wrestling or sambo.

>retracting thier balls into body
what, using power of the mind or by pushing them up there?

just when i think those motherfuckers can't do anything weirder, i hear this.

Fighting sports require good cardio man.

Just as a clarification, this is what advanced Shorinryu students sparring looks like:

youtube.com/watch?v=kGT2ZwTlk5o

Because that completely negates all the hard work he put into his body. He made it his job to get that body, literally. Far more than you ever will.

1. The most half-assed judo throw ever is still a show stopper on concrete.

2. The average guy has no clue how to defend himself against a judo throw.

3. Unfortunately you won't learn shit about how not to get punched in judo so supplement it with boxing.

( is still an idiot though.)