I'm a 280 pound fat loser and wanna start changing my life. Should I do three couch to 5k or just run for 1...

I'm a 280 pound fat loser and wanna start changing my life. Should I do three couch to 5k or just run for 1.5 hours 3 days a week

Just be fat.

Unless you want to run in a 5k and care about time do the 1.5 hours 3 times a week. It will burn more calories

>three couch to 5k
what is this? did you read the sticky?

Most modern houses have an emergency shut off for bathrooms. So that toaster won't kill you. Best suicide is letting your car on in a closed garage.

Just lift weights. Running is for pussies

>I'm scared of cardio, therefore everyone that does it is a pussy

No

Fag

bro i dont think you should run at that weight you'll destroy your joints try swimming or cycling and hit the gym too when you are below 200 i think its a good time to start running before that diet and other cardio options and read the sticky

i can only run for 5 min

Most important and difficult thing you have to do is fix your diet.

STICKY by the way

1. Sticky
2. Read up on proper diet and nutrition
3. Spend a week tracking the foods you eat and your calories
4. Look up how many calories a person your height and activity level should be getting
5. Aim for that number. Learn what normal portions are. Be shocked when you see how much you've been overeating.
6. Now cut 500 calories and eat like that for a while. Months, years, if need be.
7. You WILL lose weight this way without really needing to be active, because high amounts of cardio or bodyweight training at your size will hurt you.
8. Lift weights even as you cut. Go out for walks. Spend time on a rowing machine. Be nice to your joints.
9. Once you're closer to 250-225 you can start adding in more cardio as you're less likely to hurt yourself
10. Keep it up.

This is my first week I'm also 280 pounds and doing starting strength and I love it. Do cardio in between though...or your stamina is going places.

Also, as other people mentioned. Read The Sticky that's where I got the inspiration from.

You are a fag and you should kill yourself.

People like you stain the good name of this board, lazy fuck.

Go lift your 5lbs dumbells you shithead.

What is your height? What is experience with lifting? What is your current cardiovascular condition? Could you run a mile without collapsing? Would a floor of stairs or 2 blocks of walking tire you out? How many Calories do you consume per day?

When I have a morbidly obese client, I generally require they they get a physical from a physician, nurse practitioner, or PA before doing any strenuous work.

That said, I would start with a treadmill, elliptical, or simple outdoor walking.

5 minutes of warm-up, slowly building up to a speed at generates about 60% max heart rate.

15 minutes of cardio, which will be primarily aerobic.

10 minutes of cool-down. Some will think this is long, but people who are poorly trained actually have a harder time bringing their pulse rate back down to normal after exercise. You don't want them to suddenly get woozy and such because they stopped too quickly.

So, we have 15 minutes warm/cool, 15 minutes of work. Add 5 minutes per week to the steady state, until you hit whatever target you have.

A good rule of thumb would be 60 minutes total (45 work), or 75 minutes total (60 minutes of steady state effort).

I would start this at 2 times per week (and maintain that if you do 3 days of lifting) OR
3 days cardio with 2 days of lifts.

If you aren't doing lifting, which you should, then you could do this every other day, eventually (still start at 2 times per week until you feel ready).

If you actually get in really good shape and do 75 minutes sessions, you could effectively be running a 10K twice a week (a 60 minute 10K is a decent pace), which would put you into fantastic cardiovascular shape.

I'm not 100% on this, but those chicks look british. Why do british skanks all look like burnout dope fiends? They can't even fix it up with make up, it's like they were already fucked up while putting on make up.

running isn't for pussies, but the first step weight loss for a noob should always be muscle gain.
>calories burnt in recovery
>shorter training time
>noob gainz

this

The people telling you to run just wants you to fuck up your knees. Eat at a deficiency, lift weights till you're feeling healthier and confident, then get a gf and fuck her for cardio.

Running is a meme.

>run for 1.5 hours

are you sure you can do that? most fatties struggle with the first week of couch to 5k, and that 8 fucking minutes of jogging and 12 minutes of walking.

I remember meeting this guy in my local gym who would always lift heavy. He always had such good advice about isolating various muscles during lifts for maximum effect.

But once that guy got on a treadmill, he was out of breath jogging on it for less than 10 minutes. I was a fat fuck at that point, but I was still able to keep pace for around 10 minutes at a slow speed. Once I saw how pathetic his cardio game was, any respect I had for his lifts was replaced with pity. What good are big arms if you can't even run a mile?

You won't be able to run for 1.5 hours until a long time from now friend. For now just focus on counting calories very accurately and losing weight by eating at a deficit.

Just eat less. Eat right and do whatever you want that gets you active that gets you going.

Fix your diet first and foremost. Literally ANY exercise that you do above and beyond that is just a bonus at this point.

What good is running a mile if I can drive a car a mile away in 10 minutes with my houge arms?

Walk or jog everyday 4-5 miles and diet. I'm losing weight doing that.

not sure where to ask this as i havent been on Veeky Forums before. i started lifting like a month ago and im seeing positive changes in my body, but i have excess fat i want to get rid of. im pretty experienced in dieting (aka calories out>calories in, eat high protien, ect.) but my bodyfat percentage doesnt seem to change. i already eat at a deficit and loosing weight isnt the issue for me, loosing fat is. also recommended thermogenics? (not ephedrine/anything else illegal please) also, op i believe in you. just start by eating better foods and eating at a -500 calorie deficit. since your weight is pretty high the weight should start coming off relatively fast as long as you are eating at a deficit.

Youve started lifting a month ago. You just gotta keep eating at a deficit youll get there

This, what a dumb fucking suggestion. No person who weighs 280 is hitting the treadmill for 90 minutes, they'll be discouraged within a week at best or hurt themselves.

are you sure? ive been dieting since december and ive lost about 40 lbs and i still cant see my abs. i gained ten lbs in muscle since i started lifting (i think). how long do you think it will take for me to get to a 1 digit bodyfat %? i feel like im inbetween 15% and 10%, more near 15%

meant lose not loose

Keto with a small deficit. Stronglifts 3x a week with 45 minutes of cardio after you lift. Drink like 2 gallons of water a day.

Read the fucking sticky.

I got a question on the calorie deficit though what happens if I eat less than 500 calories per day when exercising 6 days a week?

LOOOSE SKIN
O
O
S
E

S
K
I
N

It sucks but yeah you're gonna be flying squirrel status for a bit. It's where I am at right now.

I am the same as you op and for the past 2 weeks I have been doing the Lyle McDonald fat loss thing. It sucks ass for the first 4 days then its pretty easy

I just eat 800 calories of pure lean protein and vegetables every day which amounts to 2 small meals and lots of tea to sate my appetite.

Ive lost 20 lbs and am at 260 now

Not him but am similar

How should I start lifting? I tried doing 4x8 lifts last week but couldn't do it. I went to failure on my third set. For example I was doing bicep hammer curls of 25 lbs and couldt get past the 5th rep on the third set and got DOMS so bad I couldnt lift upper body again for 5 days.

British people are the result of millennia of inbreeding so most of them look like asymmetrical Michelin Men

>Should I do three couch to 5k or just run for 1.5 hours 3 days a week

SS+GOMAD is what you should start with.

>not using helium

He's so fat he needs 3 couches

how do you ride your motorcycle and have sex and stuff being that fat? you need to stop eating shit and starting eating veggies.

>ifunny

reed da stikki

SQUATS AND OATS

S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y

Also just eat less

Stickyyyyyyyyyyy.

maybe you should lose some weight while lifting and eating less first.

after losing like 40lbs, your joints are less likely to fuck up from running. so start then.