What's the best way to increase your running endurance?

What's the best way to increase your running endurance?

>BY RUNNING
Why is there so many dumb questions like this?
Working out isn't hard. Just progressive overload for everything

Wind sprints

Ermm..I'd guess running...yes running will do...run

Dumb question OP.

If you are already running semi-seriously, then (besides running more miles per week) doing exercises to strengthen your core is a good way to help improve running endurance.

Lots of people here are going to give you some misinformation about running but lucky for you I'm here to help. Running endurance is linked to lung capacity and air intake. You should first try to increase your lung capacity by taking a DEEP breath and holding it for as long as you can. Repeat this 5 reps 3 sets. Then right after that do some squats for leg strength.

run faster and pay attention to your breath; is it syncopated?

idk man, i think it's about habit, discipline, and perseverance

the rest is up to god, shiva, nasdaq, whatever you wanna go with

Run

this picture almost made me pass out.

>browsing Veeky Forums between sets
>finish set of heavy deds
>light headed, see pic, open
>laugh so hard can't breathe
>can feel body screaming for oxygen
>notice VERY is capitalized, laugh harder
>have to sit down
>can only seen doggo running at high speeds with stars all around high
>finally calm down and make this post

oh fuck man lifting is like a drug, i can laugh at the stupidest shit.

>no such thing as a dumb question
They told me this in school

if you mean long distance, just do interval training 3 days a week, 60 minute runs 3 days a week, and a long run for like 2 hours

lol'd

SS + GOMAD

Yeah no shit.
Babbys have to have their hands held though or they'll cry.

Mon: Run
Tue: HIIT
Wed: Run
Thu: HIIT
Fri: Run a little less than Mon/Wed
Sat: Longest run of the week
Sun: FUCKING REST, FAGGOT

There, OP, there's a basic training plan for you.
If that's not good enough then FUCKING GOOGLE IT.

So the long run should be on the 5th day? Only once a week?

just run everyday. i went from barely able to run a mile to running 10+ miles with ease.

Let's just make this thread the Running General.

>mfw finally hit 4km today

By NOT running of course.

You'll get there.
Tfw finally sub 16:00 5k

run fast doggo

Run faster with your hands behind your back. I learn it from japanese anime. It helps with speed

If you have half a brain you know how fucking bullshit this is.

well it is a VERY fast doggo

go fast, doggo

Dog* and high*

recombinant human erythropoietin

that dog looks fast af

> you will never be as fast as that dog

this. slow increase just like everything else. do couch to 5k.

Speed force

Fartlek is the answer, user.

Increasing mitochondria. Which means 20+ reps per set.

For what purpose? This thread is some great evidence that people are generally pretty fucking ignorant about "running". The only thing they got right is "do it more".

If you want more distance stamina, then you have to train distance. You have to get out there and run farther at a slower pace.

If you want more speed stamina--aka sprinting longer, or sprinting faster for longer--then you have to train that specifically by doing a sprint regimen.

If you want more speed during a certain amount of time, then you need to train tempo runs.

But to get the right answers, you've got to ask the right question. More "running endurance" doesn't mean anything, because getting better at distance runs is not going to improve your sprint or tempo results. It won't.

Saying "just run more" is like telling someone to "just lift more". It doesn't make any fucking sense without some context, and is usually the wrong answer.

This tried it on a treadmill and it increased my endurance and distance by 25% atleast!

Define endurance for us and maybe we can narrow it down for you? I have raced 400m - 100 miles mate, there is a lot that changes between distances.

>tl;dr

run more

>If you want more speed stamina--aka sprinting longer, or sprinting faster for longer--then you have to train that specifically by doing a sprint regimen.

I disagree. Sprinting is relative. His sprint pace can be my recovery pace. 800 meters is the last distance you can consider an all out effort or sprinting. For anything longer you need to pace yourself. And you increase speed simply by running more. Even easy snail will increase your race pace until you start hitting moderate mileage and you start hit a plateau with easy running, then you add speed workouts

>If you want more speed during a certain amount of time, then you need to train tempo runs.

Again it depends on the distance. Tempo runs are goat for stuff greater than 5000m. For a 5k you would want to train at vo2max pace or intervals in most of your speed workouts

Also op is a faggot

Tf whenever I go out to run I get extremely anxious about doggos chasing me to taste my delicious bones
I'm hyper alert like a gazelle in Serengeti and jump at the slightest chain-like noise
Wat
Do
?

This, i can easily run 20 miles now. Looks stupid but whatever

>If you want more distance stamina, then you have to train distance. You have to get out there and run farther at a slower pace.

Running longer distances is counter productive if you are only going to be running notably slower than your usual "normal" pace. Doing this is literally training your body to run slower.

The best way to improve is to slowly build up the distance you can run at normal pace over a few weeks until you can maintain that same speed on longer runs.

Going slow on long runs won't be a complete loss, but it greatly diminishes the benefits you gain from the extra time spent doing cardio.

What this guy said is also right.

Run slower