Just got rejected by choice college. Have to go to shitty one and try to get back in next year...

Just got rejected by choice college. Have to go to shitty one and try to get back in next year. Motivation running low though. Instead of pic motivation thread, share something bringing you down, and say how you're gonna fix it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bYAwcT0tJx4&list=PLuVuEhQsgnCsrV-bDT9Zo8_mKYP6M8Qxg
youtube.com/watch?v=7ut52Szpd-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you've been rejected once, they keep a profile and exam you even harsher the next time.

im recently single. Gonna fix it by getting shitfaced at the beach this weekend and forgetting about life for a while.

If it helps I just almost failed my first subject in 3 degrees. I have to resubmit my final assessment for the low, low cost of 100 kangabucks

I don't care, I'm going to get in. I'm not going to stop.

May I ask how tf you know this?

Also, try to apply as a native american. Worked for Elizabeth Warrens stupid ass.

What College user?

>thinking undergrad name means anything
Just do a ton of research so you can go to a good grad school. I hope you at least got a scholarship out of it.

Found out I can't swim 100 yards without being out of breath. I'm absolutely disgusted by myself right now.

John Jay
I want to be a homicide detective
I'm going to CSI for this year instead

not necessarily true, they might appreciate the desire to go to the school and help OP's chances
You can do it OP. I was in literally the same exact position as you 2 years ago. My advice: get a kickass GPA and get at least 2 professors that'll write you good recommendations. When you apply, you have to convince the school why their program can offer you things that NO other school can. It worked for me.

But for your requested motivation: I realized that the root cause of my social anxiety is that panic and overthinking clouds my judgement in social situations. Currently field testing meditation, taking longer pauses when I converse with people, and visualizing talking to other people.

WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT BRAH

No offense OP the school is not even that good academically, but it looks nice and is in NYC, im guessing that why you want to go? You also should apply to other schools im sure there are other schools this tier that you wouldn't mind going to.
For Motivation:
Learn to use your pain as a motivator, print out your rejection letter and put it on your wall. Remind yourself why you are there and what you're gonna do about it, look at it as often as you need.

trips have spoken, getting shitfaced is the way to go

Wife left me for a guy that is a total piece of shit. She moved in with him almost immediately and the last time I saw her before I moved she was walking his dog. Shattered my heart and basically cucked me while I was on deployment.

It opened my eyes to realize how fucked up the world is and that women are whores who will run to anything that makes them tingle, they have no loyalty and if you can't keep the tingles flowing their way while you're with them they'll leave you and never look back. I want to be the guy that inspires the tingles. Being a 200 lb fat guy with no muscles doesn't do shit to women surrounded by chads. My standards are high as fuck and I want to be chad.

It was a hard kick in the gut. My family is full of hamplanets so they instilled in me the worst eating/drinking habits and never let me do sports or physical stuff when I was a kid. They kept me occupied with video games and soda. Dads an alcoholic, typical married fat people stuff.

Was 250ish pounds all through highschool with no fucking idea how I managed to get a girl much less stay with her for 8 years and lose my virginity. So it basically told me "i'm fine how I am". Well bad habbits stayed after losing a bunch of weight for the military, trigger weight gain, wife constantly badgered me and put me down because i'm a piece of shit with no style and I'm not very active.

There's a lot of the world to see out there and being fat isn't going to help me do it. I want to go to festivals and bang hot girls, give them the tingles, be good at physical stuff and enjoy being able to take my shirt off at the beach and not be ashamed. Might be doing it for the wrong reasons but who the fuck knows.

I can conjure the rage of 10,000 demons and push PRs every day.

Would like for nothing more than to beat the literal fuck out of him. Oh and he's an army drop out.

To fix it? Get fucking shredded, love myself more than ever before and find someone way better than her that will tell me I'm the shit

I think getting shredded and leaving humanity behind is the best thing to do

Pretty sure I've failed all my exams

But joined a new gym that's better than my last so thats good

Dont sweat it too much bro. Do CC for a year or 2 to get the bullshit credits out of the way and transfer. Alot of states have been setting up guaranteed acceptance programs with in-state unis from CCs

>Try to spend $70-90 a week on groceries
>The food I buy doesn't even make it to day 4 because family scarfs my food down instead of buying their own
>Confront them about it and they dodge it saying "I don't eat your food" but it still disappears
I-I don't think I'm going to make it

Get one of these things

youtube.com/watch?v=bYAwcT0tJx4&list=PLuVuEhQsgnCsrV-bDT9Zo8_mKYP6M8Qxg

I only know them through critikals videos but might help you

I'm open. I'm 18 just fresh outta high-school. I also left home to nyc. Everyone rejected my application for a job. So I made up a resume as a pro house cleaner, I make 1000 a week. I live on my own. Rent 1100 for a studio. Run away user.

I have no friends

I don't know

how did you get deployed if you're 200lbs with no muscle?

pog?

Do you w-wanna be..be...be...

>be in grad school
>rejected by Perimeter Institute AGAIN
Th-there's always next year, right?

Navy, I'm not really fit, just barely within standards.

A lot of people who get rejected by my uni usually transfer to it the end of their sophomore year. However, their GPA usually drops from a 3.8 to about a 2.5 since they went to an easier school. Be cautious and sure that you're ready for it.

Failed exams.
Chose the wrong bachelor, apparently.

Going to switch to proper bachelor in chemistry
Going to ace all exams.
>pls

OOH FUCKING RAH

Get it dude

I got you bro. Dated a girl in high school for 2 years, but I fucked up and we broke up, on good terms but it was rough for me.

She dated and I dated other people, it hurt since I never got over her. She would bring her rich bf around all the time and it just felt terrible. I moved to California 4 years ago to leave my hometown and try something new, dated a girl, fell in love, moved in with her. But my old ex (oneitis) was always at the back of my mind. Anyway me and my gf break up, and I move back home.

You know where the story is going, moved back started dating her and here I am, 12 years later and it's as if we were in high school again.

Never give up, life keeps getting better. Good luck brah

Didn't do that great on a midterm today. Admittedly I didn't do terrible, either. I got an 85%, but considering that anything below 80 in this class is failing (thx gradschool) I really need to step it up.

The only time I miss a question is when I don't review it beforehand. The material isn't difficult, but it's taken from a few different sources. There were things on there only brought up in the book, but not in lecture or on the power point slides. I made all my materials based on lectures and powerpoints and consequently got fucked.

I also realize now I actually have to know what the fucking medical terminology means. I figured questions would be worded in medical terms instead of layman's terms, but it's the other way around. Missed a question or two because of this.

I'll just adapt my studying appropriately. I'll continue using spaced repetition to learn the material in lecture and on the PP slides, then I'll read the book and note anything new. Should help out quite a bit.

I'm not worried. Nothing pushes me to succeed more than failure.

>Anonymous
I- I will b-be your..

Any of you remember that movie A Beautiful Mind?

I lived it for 4 years.

It took a long time to crawl out of the rabbit hole, medication was hardly helpful, really it's been meditation and constant self-improvement that have let me feel human again.

I'm 28 years old and it feels like I have to start over, completely.

So I am.

Going back to school in September, working on finding a job right now so my parents don't have to support me for the rest of my life, working on getting rid of the weight I put on during the depression that comes along with falling into psychosis, I've even managed to reconnect with all of the friends I walked away from when I lost my head.

There are still moments where my mind just goes out the window. But I'm getting better at dealing with it when it happens.

Things are really looking up for the first time in what feels like a long, long time.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ut52Szpd-w

Keep it up man. I wasted a good 3 years of my life being an alcoholic. Got my act together, got sober and stayed sober, and now I'm about to graduate with my bachelors next spring. Best shape of my life and have yet to hit a downside.

Anyway, the point is to keep fighting and keep going. I learned that consistency and daily discipline kept me running harder and farther than big milestones and achievements. Keep going, and know there's a random guy out there cheering you on.

Hey thanks, brother. I'm glad you're out of your darkness.

That's the one thing I've learned in the last year - it doesn't get easier. However, you can get BETTER.

This has to be pasta
>comparing himself to John Nash
Lmao the delusion is real.

I'll drink to that. Feeling jaded as fuck today, need a release.

>tfw 22 YO KV
>tfw not ugly but just no game
>tfw decently fit too but black
>tfw not a nig but that's all people will see any way
>tfw general insecurity from having no experience
>tfw you feel too old to take the step-by-step approach to getting with girls that the majority of people went through in high school
>tfw on Tinder in a southern city (culturally) and im the least desire demographic (independent of fetishists; BBC is a marginal meme at best)
>yfw you read this blog post

How to fix
>take advantage of last year in school
>put myself out there and invest more in female relationships (platonic or romantic)
>be more productive and feel better about myself
>always get up when i fall down
>stop subscribing to my negative thoughts/encourage mental positivity

I would also recommend you stop being black as soon as you can

>had a fight with gf and havent spoken in days
>qt from work i've been crushing on for 3 years quit today and is moving soon, she didn't like me for those 3 years but we just started getting friendly too
On the one hand I love my gf, on the other hand I really feel like I need to make up for missing out on slaying sluts in my youth
at least if my gf broke up with me my backup plan was to try and get with this chick, but now she left and I never so much as made a move (well I did 3 years ago but I was fucking autistic)
Coming to work is going to be fucking depressing now, she was the one thing I was looking forward to

I guess I'll just keep lifting and see what happens

I watched that movie in hopes it will help me with studying for my masters. Fucking movie hardly even mentioned Nash equilibrium. Good movie though.

The black thing doesn't even bother me as much as it appears in my original post. There's no use worrying over something I had absolutely no hand in.

My lack of confidence, however, pains me to no end. It's gonna be a life-changing process for me to battle through it and get laid/form decent relationships with women.

I don't care if this is pasta or not, noice redemption speech

Why does he not make anymore of these videos?

Not op but John jay is widely regarded as the best criminal justice school in America.

But realistically op if you wanna be a detective.

1.) join the army national guard as an MP. Get college for free plus preferred hiring at a local police department because muh veterans

2.) go to whatever state school you reside in, hit up the gym and get shredded, rail sluts, major in criminal justice. Deal with going to drill once a month for a weekend a month and two weeks a year. Collect government checks the other 3 weekends

3.) get a decent gpa, get hired right out of school because again, muh veterans plus you have investigative experience

you're such a retard lol

Substance abuse and being a broke wageslave living paycheck to paycheck at age 20. Dont know if I should go back to community college or any idea what to do with my life.

I need help but the only help I can get is from myself.

I don't know what I want but I know its not this. I'm tired of being a whatever I am.

>I don't know what I want but I know its not this. I'm tired of being a whatever I am.
Holy shit user.

here. First step, get clean. Find your local SA/AA and go for a few meetings. This'll actually depend on how you handle things, but you'll either not care for the environment or take to it like fish to water. Personally, I only went to AA twice, but I've stayed sober and clean for nearly 4 years now. Either way, it's a decent starting point for learning healthy coping mechanisms.

Second step, get into community college. You're only 20, so even if you take 2 years to get control over yourself and your substance abuse, you'll still transfer and graduate with a bachelor's in your mid-twenties. To top it off, once you hit 24, FAFSA goes off of your individual income, and if you're already living paycheck to paycheck--you'll pretty much get a free ride through college. If you play your financial cards right when you transfer, that'll be free as well. (If you're parents don't have a degree, or make very little themselves, you'll probably still get full support from FAFSA anyway). DO apply for scholarships, it's free money, and you can knock out a bunch within the afternoon.

Of course, I can give you all the steps in the world and wish you the best of everything, but it is up to you. That sounds cliche as hell, but it's also true. I really hope you turn things around, and I believe you have the ability to do it. Even if you stumble or takes longer than you thought it, each day is a step in the right direction if you're trying to do better.

It gets better, but you do have to work a little for it.

Fuck me, I meant NA, not SA.

yo, I got rejected by almost every single college I applied to out of high school. I went to community college, worked my ass off and now I'm at Berkeley. Believe in yourself

I've been a secret neet for about 10 months now

what's a secret neet you ask?

well, i dropped out of college back in august and i kept it secret from my parents and friends, it was supposed to last just a few weeks but somehow it evolved into this

Right now my parents and friends think i'm still studying to be a chef but in reality I've been sitting on my ass playing vydia for almost 1 year.

I recently got an opportunity to work as an editor for 2 semi-successful streamers (spanish streamers, so don't even bother asking who they are) if they hire me, they'll pay me enough to live on my own at least while i figure out what to do with my life, and knowing people in the streaming/youtube business can't hurt i guess.

>tfw havent slept since saturday because i dont wanna miss this chance

oh, and i've lost 60lbs too

>22
>Work in factory
>Have wife and kid
>Live in trailer
>Tattoos, anger problems, rat tail, gut

It's like I woke up one day and was trash, I basicly got told by my dad that family hated me and they were all moving to Michigan and I should just do everyone a favor and drop out of high school and get a job and not go with them, I did, and I love my wife/kid and I worked hard, I make 40k a year, my trailer is 3 bed 2 bath and brand new, my car is semi-reliable, but despite all this I know my life is garbage, I work every weekend, I work the night shift, I don't have a lot of nice things, my family still hates me, I worked hard my whole life and still became garbage, there's a nagging feeling that I won't make it. I jusy lost my motivation and started feeling like a loser.

>7 year /b/ tard, get on Veeky Forums one day
>"Quit being a defeatist robot"
>"Alpha mentality"
>"We're all gonna make it"

I'm fat, growing up whenever I'd work out or lose weight my family would give me shit cause there all unhealthy as fuck, I'd always feel terrible about excersiseing.

I'm at 206 right now, I've lost 21 pounds in 4 months, i told Veeky Forums this is the closest I've been to 200 in 8+ years

They congratulated me, encouraged me, told me I could be under 200 if I kept going, I literally cryed. Like real tears. Like a bitch.

I realised I can do better

>Be me
>Work at a desk and deal with spread sheets at a factory for almost 2 years (when im not moving parts)
>Build a god tier resume about being an administrative assistant
>Good with spread sheets
>Getting interviews for office jobs
>Day job, no weekends
>Encourage wife to go back to school
>Getting my g.e.d. and then gonna work on college degree
>Losing more weight everyday
>I will get under 200

Now I lift, study, spend time with my kid, and try to keep a positive mind set

If your white im proud of you if not then hissssssds

>Be 22 still living w/ parents in home town
>Fuck around for 4 yrs at Community College
>Nothing but a handful of units to show for it
>Everyone who will be successful has left including 3 of my best friends
>last 2 best friends leaving with degrees in January
>Getting too comfortable with just hanging out, jamming, smoking, drinking, working part time, with friends still here.
>Want to get serious about school and get move away to light a fire under my ass and force myself to succeed.
>Everything going well, set up for new school in new town with 2 motivated friends.
>Its expensive to live and I'm only gonna work 20 hrs/week
>Scared to rent out cheap room without people I know
>Don't wanna bother people with guitar noise
>I'm gonna have to man up and figure this out
>Either work more as full time student and have no time for gym/guitar
>Or live with people I don't know

>I have all skills required to live alone and parents want me gone.
>Gonna be moving to 661 SCV
>Any bros with experience? Is it scary? How hard is the gym/full time student/part time/hobby/social grind?

Did you get an Associates Degree before you transferred? Your GPA? I've fucked around with CC for 4 with only a handful of credits and some shitty grades to show for it. Is there hope for me? I mean my GPA is like 2.2.
I'm finally going to a different school and am extremely motivated after this past semester to succeed.

I am white, however I'm a race traitor and got with a Mexican/Navajo mix

Plus side my kid has a paper stateing he's 25% blood and can get free college

my GPA was only around a 3.5
no associate's degree, I just applied regularly. if you work hard and show that your grades are clearly trending upwards after a few bad semester's, it's fine. you'll have to explain why those semesters were bad though obviously. work hard and believe in yourself

Thanks bro. I'm super motivated and did well last semester. I'm gonna get an AS and better grades so I can show them I was lost and didn't know what I was doing. Thanks for the motivation bro. All my friends graduating Uni and other moving out of town to pursue their dreams really got me inspired to finally get my shit together.

They say you can only have 2 of: grades, sleep and social life