How long did it take you, and at what body weight, to get 2pl8 bench?

How long did it take you, and at what body weight, to get 2pl8 bench?

>tfw all you want is 2pl8 bench
>tfw bench has only increased from 160 in January to 195 currently
>tfw accidentally hit 1pl8 OHP in the process

2.5 years for 5reps at 75kg bw

but i had super low consistency, and sometimes didn't go for weeks at a time
going from 75kgx5 to 2pl8x5 was all done in the last 6 months

even when I get to a 2pl8 bench I'll still only really be doing a few lbs over bodyweight...

It took me 7 months to get up to 155lbs

>tfw fatstrength only gets me so far

Teach me how desu

no idea senpai
maybe i'm just made for benching, because my squat is terrible in comparison

tried for 1rm the other day and hit 120 on bench :)

2 months lifting
177lbs

sure

9 months @ 79kg

I've been lifting for about 2years, but I've only been seriously lifting for 6months. I'm 160lbs, 5'8", and just hit 2pl8 today. feelsgood

>maybe i'm just made for benching, because my squat is terrible in comparison

iktfb

PRd 2pl8 bench and 2pl8 squat on the same day.

What about strict pressing 2pl8?

>still can't squat 3pl8
>not even for 1 rep

the one thing that brought my bench up was doing Smolov Jr. I'm now at 120kgx4 ... but I weigh 122kg so that doesn't mean much lel.

>tfw more than 2x bw squat
>not even at 2pl8 bench yet

I'd rather be a squatlet than a benchlet

...dead serious. Also did 135lbs OHP like my 2nd day in the gym. I don't understand why everyone freaks out about it, I am not special.

I did lift a lot in highschool for sports, muscle memory I guess. That was well over 7 years ago, and I was no where near benching 225 back then, so idk, maybe I am just very, very special.

roughly a year back when i lifted as a teenager

currently 3 months in with poor consistancy at a deficit, hit 87.5 kgs the other day, so it should be along in a few months, especially when i actually get to bulk

started equally skelly at 50 kgs both times, so i'm guessing technique and epigenetic effects are making it easier

2.5 years at 155lbs, can strict press it for 5/4/3 now p much.

Bout two years but had a really good bulk from 190-230 and hit 2pl8 for 5

could be tris

i noticed my bench and ohp exploded after i started doing weighted dips
really helps you lockout

maybe you have short arms

6 foot, 4 inch wingspan (6ft height)

CHAD OHPs 135 his first time at the gym while YOU struggle to get to 100lbs

I have been working out for 6 years now. I did dumbbell press for like 2 years when i went over to barbell i was benching 255lbs for 5 by 5 in like 8 months of barbell bench

started with 2pl8s. sorry bro if it makes u feel better i was skinny fat and a year l8er still skinny fat :( took ages to find macros

1 month.

149 pounds

You forgot to ask about about height. Bench is objectively easier for 5'7 turbomanlets compared to someone that's 6'0+

It took me two years to get a 2plmao bench on a brospit.
Right now I am cutting till September then I will be back at trying to get 1/2/3/4 x5

I can do 2pl8 as my one rep max and I just started lifting this week

I am a fatass though at 270 lbs and 6'2''

>Bench is objectively easier for 5'7 turbomanlets compared to someone that's 6'0+
No, it's not. Muscle is muscle on a 5'1" midget or 6'4" lanklet.

Fuck off summerfag

>5'7" with 2 inch ROM
>hurr so hard

>6'5" with 2 foot rom
>hurr I'm 5'7" muscle is muscle

The taller person is objectively doing more work.

>tfw already benching bodyweight

Feels shitty

strong e-statting

>what is range of movement

Took about 7-8 months for me. I dirrty bulked like shit from 155 to 185 in that time and went from 185x5 max to 225x5 max and a 260 1RM my ohp is 150x5 right now. if you really want to get stronger you need to shovel food into your face. Days where i eat like mad i feel twice as strong as days when i dont eat like a pig. You gain fat but you get stronger much quicker

It doesn't matter because in the end they are still lifting weight proportionate to their own muscles and bodies

bout three months from 60kg starting 1rm (kek at maxing day one) to 100kg with a decent powerlifting style pause.

went from 110kg to 98kg during that time

why are you so stupid?

Fucking retard. Please never post again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

160 lbs, took maybe 7 months to get 225 lbs

I got so close to 2pl8 1RM, I had 95kg.

But now I'm on a long-ass cut and I hope I can still bench 90kg, gonna see tomorrow.

About 1 month @ 80 kgs / 176lbs

Benched 1.5pl8 first time benching & 1pl8 first time ohp although it was my first time lifting I
was already Veeky Forums from 5 years of Taekwondo which we were made to do a lot of bodyweight conditioning.
Lots of pushups, squats, lunges, jumping, planks, etc.
I could rep out a few handstand pushups at 80kgs BW so I think that carried over.

ex-skelly 5'7'' manlet here, when I began I was 56 kg, took me a little over three years to bench 2pl8 for 5 reps, was 68 kg and bulking at the time

>this is one of those guys that will tell everyone their form is wrong

Please kill yourself. It is objectively easier for people with short limbs to bench press.

How much is 2pl8 again? in kg

I'm 4'6", I know for a FACT it's so much easier for me to move heavier weights than someone taller than me

Why? Because my arms are shorter

I don't need to move the weights as far of a distance

Hey, stupid fucks. Stop using these excuses not to bench or pretend that things are harder. Just fucking lift.

"b-but i'm objectively taller and therefore I can never be as strong as the short guy"

Fuck off, you sad, pathetic, desperate cucks that want to give themselves any reason not to lift.

Muscle is muscle. Go to the gym and shut the fuck up about innate advantages.

I was the last guy, think you may have skipped over my whole response famalam

(Before anyone asks it wasn't a typo, I'm a dwarf, some of y'all have prob seen me around before)

Nice sperging out, you done shitposting about stuff you don't understand yet?

is this future me?

What the fuck does this even mean?

lol keep embarrassing yourself

two years of weekly benching. i was 148 at 5'10. i benched 7x6x225 at 157 today. feels good bruhs

w=f*d

how to get better at bench? i've been stalled for like 6 months. everything is going up. fixed form a little but it still didn't do anything. at like 1.25pl8 while my OHP is 1pl8 and squat is 2pl8. i'm a manlet with a short torso so maybe that has something to do with it?

350 kg

kek

Took me a month.
5f11 180lbs

the other user is fucking with you it's around 100kg

Just eat more.

Same but it never improved until my bench caught up proportionally months later.

I started lifting in high school when I was 13 and 185 lbs of skinnyfat and it took me about one and a half years to get to 2 plates at 200 lbs. After high school I lifted on and off and only got serious within the last year or so. But every time I came back to lifting it would only take me between 2-4 months to reach 2 plate bench

185-200 from 13-14? How tall were you?

quality bait desu

It was actually 13-15 I went from 5'8-5'9. I was on a ridiculous amount of creatine back then though because I did stupid shit like loading phase bullshit rather than take 5 grams a day so its likely at least 5 lbs was just pure water retention caused by that

mfw lifting for 4 years and one rep max is 90kg, I'm lanklet tho

About a year and a half. Can get 8-10 reps now at 152 lbs. been lifting for 3 years

>tfw squat 330 for 4 reps at 160lbs 5'11
>bench 175 for 1 rep

life is suffering

Are you mixing your weight / rep range up? How about adding in some drop sets / negatives?

Also, bench more. 2 or even 3 times a week if your joints can handle it

I think it took me a year to get a 2pl8 bench, bur I am only 5'8". It's tougher for tallfags (or even short dudes with long arms).

Don't remember weight at that time, but currently I have a 2pl8 (230, but same shit) 5RM at 176lbs.

A year and a half at 135. I got injured and after half a year of not lifting I'm barely at 185 at the same weight

>cucks
>excuses
>this upset
Stop projecting

3 months, I was around 85 kg.

Getting to 2pl8 x5 took me another year (actually, it was 2pl8 x 7, but that was the first time I did 2pl8 for more than 3 reps). 90kg bw

Got to 3pl8 x 1 right at the beginning of my 4th year, 4 months into winter bulk, body weight was exactly 102,8 kg in the morning and 104,0 kg in the evening (I log this thit twice per day when I bulk).

3pl8 for 3 reps happened 3 months later, in the middle of my vacation, so no bodyweight recorded for that one (bw was between 106 and 107 kg).

Getting ready to bench 150kg/330lbs this week, bodyweight is around 108 in the morning and 110kg in the evening.

From my experiences we're never lifting seriously

I just hit 375x2 on low bar. feels goodmaaaan

Man, I wish I had this problem. I hit 2pl8 squat before I could even bench 1pl8. I don't look like I lift at all even though my squat and deadlift are respectable because nobody can see those muscles. Feelsbadman.

14 months lifting after 1 year cardio/machines
230lbs 6'5

> never benched 2pl8 in highschool
> quit lifting
> start lifting at 26
> Bench 2pl8 after lifting for 2 months
> weigh 180lbs

I then I plateaued around 250 for like 4.5 months now

>can only bench 90kg for 3
>nearly two years lifting
>weigh 110kg

>tfw when I squat, I get stuck at the bottom of the rep, even with 2pl8

it doesn't feel like there is stress, it's as if I lose all muscular tension at the bottom of the rep and I physically can not move from the bottom. I can leg press like ten pl8s and deadlift 4.5pl8 so maybe it's a mobility issue?

Took me like 1 year at 200, but I was a fatty and only 17 or so. I'm at 3pl8 now at 270

Maybe try decline for a bit?

I was hitting 185 for 3 sets of 10 around 2 years in but i couldnt do 205. So i switched to powerlifting style bench with big arch and wide grip.

Technique makes training a big difference.

I got that 225 bench almost right away when i did this.

What's your routine look like? It shouldn't be hard for you to do 2 plate for reps, you could probably get there soon as well if you change your routine to a more strength based one. Assuming you are eating right and recovering etc.

Did SS, now TM

Can Squat 4pl8 and deadlift a little over 5 though. I've been sick a lot though.

If you are doing low bar squat you are going too low

Yeah I'm doing lowbar, this might sound retarded but am I not supposed to go ATG with lowbar?

If it's easier for short people to lift more weight, how come everyone in The World's Strongest Man is so tall?

Most can't go much below parallel without dropping glute and hamstring tension, the position is conversely not conducive to maximum quad extension

No, just to/SLIGHTLY below parallel

You don't do anything that is remotely similar to a bench press in strongman.

But a short person has a smaller ROM for deadlift and has to press less distance in OHP. Surely that change in ROM is more beneficial than having a larger frame and being heavier

>ROM for deadlift
Yeah, but they also have total shit starting positions. Lanklets pulling conventional are almost exclusively the strongest deadlifters.

And again, there is that thing about absolute strength, but it can often be harder as a lank as a beginner. Most strongmen train for nearly a decade and they all take copious amount of sterons before competing.

And then again, even though they're all tall, Zydrunas Savickas, which is arguably the best strongman of all time is only 190cm.

Those socks ...

I don't bench because I don't have a spotter, but I do dumbell bench presses. I hear that DB bench isnharder than BB bench. How do the two equate? I usually do 5 reps with a pair of 75s. How much would that get me with a barbell?

If it's any consolation when I did SS I would stall over and over at like 65kg bench while I could squat 3 plate. I swapped to PPLPP and my upper body lifts have shot up, 2 plate bench 1 plate OHP in like 6 months from when I stopped SS.

idk ive been lifting for a month and im 125 lbs away from it so far

2-3 years at 66 kg bw

There is a huge diffrence in techniqe, but if aesthetik is goal, don't worry

It is 100...

Like 3 months of serious lifting. Weighed 210 lb at a height of 6'3. Creatine helped a lot.

Is 2 plates considered a lot? I think I missed a meeting.