So Veeky Forums...

So Veeky Forums...I had recently started this construction (Concrete work) job with my uncle and its been draining me of my energy from going to the gym. I'm up and gone by 7am all the way to (on average) ~5pm.
>All I do is drink water
>eat light, until I get home.
>drained and destroyed by the time i'm done showering.

Is there any way I can keep my gains?
Should I continue drinking protein shakes in the morning?
Should I continue drinking BCAA's as well?

eat more

ill get fat

not if u work ur macros out correctly and ajust them accordingly to ur work load each day

If you're used to going to the gym + working a very active job now, yes you DO need to eat more. You're burning more calories having this job.

Also, working out before going to work might be worth trying.

You have to let your body become accustomed to your new work ethic. I did blue collar work for 5 or so years and we would put guys through the ringer for the entire first week to see if they had the ethic to stick it out. Once you get used to it, you should be able to return to your normal routine. But it can be hard anytime you start a job doing something physical all day long because you lack in stamina.

if you're doing more activity you need to eat more retard

I work 9-5 6 days a week as an independent contractor. Its not too physically demanding but I am basically walking for all 8 hours, no time to sit or eat. I too drink only water.
I come home, shower, and eat till 6. Study till 8:30 for my DAT exams. Then go to gym at 9:00pm until 10. Then I either go to friends place and chill for an hour or just go home and go to sleep at midnight or 1 am.
Fucking sucks though. It takes me 1.5 or 2 weeks to go up 10lbs on my lift. I have to try to eat 3 meals in the hour im home from work. But end up eating only 2. But usually i can get my third meal in when i get home from gym.
Only doing it for the summer though. But just listen to what everyone says, eat a lot. You really really need those extra calories

Are you dumb? Eat more so you can have more energy throughout the day, then eat afterwards and go to the gym.

Damn son, how come you cant keep up with the workload? Dont you lift weights?

Alright Ill eat more.
But what about the gym? Mine closes at 6. There is no way for me to make it there on time and get a decent lift.

Also, do I drink protein shakes and BCAA's or am wasting them at that point?

I lift heavy. I don't do cardio.

Thats too bad. You are just going to have to go to the gym early in the morning and sleep early as fuck. You have plenty of time to eat 3 meals or more from the time you get home to the time you go to sleep. Plus, im sure you don't go to the gym every night so you got some extra time on those days to just chill or catch up on sleep.

>Is there any way I can keep my gains?
Yeah, get a new fucking job. I've been concreting/steel-fixing for like 4-5 years. I feel your pain man. I come home some days and fall asleep on the couch before I can even have a shower. It's a waste of a life.

My gym opens at 7. There is no way around this gym bullshit. And I used to go to the gym nearly 6-days a week in the morning before this job.

Also, what about the PROTEIN AND BCAA'S???

You're absolutely right. The nail right on the head. When I get home I'm destroyed beyond recognition.
It's only for the summer until classes start up again and i can just start tutoring again.

Hey OP

Your question has an obvious answer, and your making an excuse for every suggestion offered.

By this alone I can tell you one thing, you're going to be a fucking loser your whole life. sorry

Also, roids. A lot of the guys I worked with are roid munchers. They're bigger stronger and better workers in general.

I froth at the idea of having a workforce on roids.

Eat a sack.

I'm going to eat more, but there hasn't been a suggestion about retaining gains. My arm definition and size has been diminishing this past month.

Everyone saying "Just eat more" it's bullshit.

You can't. Sometimes I end up spewing it up if I eat too much or too heavily. That's why everyone here who actually works in labor/construction is saying they just drink water throughout the day.

Nigga please. I've been in construction. We still ate on breaks and lunch.

You have to eat light, like fruits or a salad.

It'll get better and you'll have more energy after work but probably not enough for consistent intense lifting or cardio
I was in the same boat
then after 4 years I started stem degree
Now lifting and doing all the outdoor activities I want.

I want to destroy her vaginally.

I used to work all day in the texas sun.

as long as you eat a big breakfast and stay hydrated you're good. i usually just snacked on some trail mix or jerky throughout the day. anything too big and you'll get tired/lazy and sick.

get used to your new routine
get more calories in. like up your daily intake by 600 at least.
try to eating all your carb in meals before going to work and before going to the gym. eat like 30g protein before work and 20 to 25 before gym. get a good lunch with lots of protein and moderate carb load. if you can eat snacks during your work, I'd go for some peanuts or just some protein bar or any kind of 80~100kcal bar.

you are "drained and destroyed" by 3 things:
- ur body is not used to this daily routine
- ur diet and meal timing/distribution throughout the day isn't adapted
- psychological effect

try these things but most importantly, hit the gym even if you feel dead. shower, put on the clothes and just go. a shitty workout is better than no workout. then with time you're gonna get used to it.

because you haven't been eating enough. you underestimate how much more calories you've been spending, which affects in weight maintenance and muscle maintenance. u should basically increase your daily protein intake by at least 40g.

oh and caffeine helps too.

Say goodbye to your minimal gains then. If you're only gonna drink water all day it's what you deserve.

Forget bcaa and other supps, if you're not going to care about your nutrition then you deserve whatever happens as far as your gains are concerned.

>Mine closes at 6
Find a non-shit gym.

This. There are 24hr gyms. You do know this, right?

Eat a LOT more. When I worked construction I was eating 5000 calories a day for maintenance at 6'1 180ish

Make your own trail mix.
Get turkey jerky.
A banana and an apple a day.
Black coffee.
Tons of water.
PB and J.

If you're legitimately working a ten hour labor shift you basically can't get fat my friend.