Anyone tried squatting everyday or squatting 4+ days? How was the progress?

Anyone tried squatting everyday or squatting 4+ days? How was the progress?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rL5XEqyEGpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i hurt my knee

This.

How much were you squatting?

Max Aita squatted everyday for 10+ years. Here is a (long) video with some of his thoughts about it
youtube.com/watch?v=rL5XEqyEGpU

40 kilos
i weigh 63 and can do a hundred squats EASY but 5 reps of 103?
nahhh

This has been my strategy for a little over 2 years for both bench press and squat.

My only rest days are when I go away for vacation really, and if there's a gym out there I will probably go to it.

Im 25 mins in and he said he squats a min of 40 reps per week and Sundays off.
He does a daily max of 6-7 reps a day?

You work up to a daily max and how many reps do you do?

I did 9 weeks of 5 day/week squat. Put about 70 pounds on my squat. (335 to 405). It was fairly insane, considering I had been training pretty hard for two years prior. I guess life got easier after college.

I squatted 3plaet+ every day for a while. I did like 40 reps a day based on the advice of some russian dude. Baby fucking squats, but I was making good progress.

I stopped for 6 months because someone was paying me to sit in a chair all the time, then I got sad so now I'm trying to do the daily thing again.

Squatting every day is great. No DOMS, good gains, and I never had any injuries from weightlifting. I only got injured once I stopped lifting.

It's true that it takes 24-48 hours to fully recover but there's no evidence that you need to recover fully in between workouts to continue making gains. All the top athletes work daily, but all the top athletes dope. I didn't dope and it still worked for me. YMMV.

Good way to fuck your shit.

What if it's shock program? 8-12 weeks max then normal routine for several months?

How many reps where you doing for a day? Did you work up to a daily max?

I did that, had very quick progress to squatting 165.5kg x 4 at only 72kg bodyweight. Then half year later 110kg due to meniscus tear :D.

Would not recommend!!! It was by far the most painful thing I've experienced, and I walked around with collapsed lungs and limbs that were severely bleeding, but meniscus tear was the worst since I walked with it for a year without knowing the cause. I couldn't squat so I just deadlifted and overhead pressed. But I lost a lot of motivation so my squat is at the moment 148kg x 3 and 145.5kg x 5.

You really need the recovery time. A lot of injuries come up gradually. If you get injured instantly obviously you had a major form slip for some reason. But the recovery time makes sure that this scenario is not very likely to happen. The steroids make sure that you recover after just sleeping for a few hours, so you can have a lot more training sessions and also have them be more taxing.

I found best way to progress to be just once in 2-3 days. Maybe sometimes take a 4 if you feel strained from deadlifts or something. I'm not a fan of strict programs either. Usually after 3 weeks I've got to ditch them because something came up or I didn't feel well and then the entire routine falls apart slowly.

Im on this right now
making steady gains, hit 255 for 5x5 today

I have done it. Squat #s shot up pretty dramatically.

I squat before every workout, if my legs are sore I just do a "daily" max i.e. I don't nearly shit myself in the hole, just a relative effort. Obviously not ridiculously light that you don't break sweat. But, some days I kill it and get a PR.

I have never had DOMs past the first week of doing it, and on Sundays I do just a couple of light sets for the day. If you don't go crazy that is fine. It is a little bit disrespectful to the human form to think we can't put our ass to grass daily without breaking down completely. Eat well, sleep well, and train sensibly.

I have always had shitty knees and Achilles from various sports (flat footed), but squats have seem to make it all better. Perhaps it is just some regular blood-flow?

Check out a guy called Cory Gregory, I am pretty sure he is close to 600 days of squatting everyday. He is a good guy, surprised Veeky Forums doesn't talk about him more.

You're on 5x5 everyday?

How much do you lift?
Most people do great with routines

Is anyone going to reply with how many sets and reps they did everyday, since they said they were successful. I'm just interested in it for a shock program to get my numbers to go up fast and do a normal routine like Texas method or 6 week candito afterwords.

If this is pounds that is sad. Just do starting strength and get to a 3 plate squat in a few months.