Why can I bench my bodyweight for more reps than the amount of pushups I can do? Does my body have autism?

Why can I bench my bodyweight for more reps than the amount of pushups I can do? Does my body have autism?

Because push ups are much harder than benching

>that pic
I'm not even racist and that is a glorious achievement indeed.

you are the true retard. When you are doing pushups you are working against gravity but when you are benching you are not

More of this please

Holy shit
Please go on

please elaborate

yeah you're pushing the bar away from the earth not pulling your body toward it

what i mean is that you're pushing the body away from earth (inner gravity) instead of just resisting the pull from outer earth (outer gravity)

>WE HERBY DECLARE OURSELVES PROUD KEKS

what in the fuck lel my sides are gone

please stop. this isn't how concentric and eccentric forces work. every single exercise has a concentric and eccentric movement. google it.

How high are you right now?

this is how i learned it in school in canada

how do you think gravity works?

surely this is trolling

well if you think about the moon and stuff yeah, air plays a role in it too pushing down on your and stuff

Genuine kek

Is that pic actually serious? Isn't it just some dude trolling and hoping people will fall for it?

This thread

You know how I know you're actually australian?

You are higher from the earth when benching
Thus the gravity is lower

Your chest is probably stronger than your triceps, OP.

Not if you jump on the dinner table to do pushups or live on the second floor.

Fair point, OP probably does his pushups in the basement or something

>that webm
Just use forks?

I'm not poor enough to have a basement, faggot.

you guys don't fuckin understand, air is a cushon under you when you do pushups cause you have your whole body, but when you have just a bar its not cause its so thin

so when you do pushups air cancels gravity but when you bench the bar is thinner so its not as effected by gravity where when you do pushups theres more area so it is. air cancels gravity and gravity cancels air

Can I be in the Reddit screenshot

Why the fuck would you use forks to cut meat?

That's why you always find high ground before excercising

Personally, I always travel to the nearest mountain top before lifting

It's alot of work to get all the weights up, but the massive increase in rep max is certainly worth it

>cut
>clearly shredded chicken

Why we got so many retards in this thread

thx anons, these sublime troll post remind me how important my job as a physics teacher is.

kudos

>cutting
He's obviously shredding it.

"salad"

>being this fucking stupid
When did Veeky Forums get so retarded bros?

not this user, but this actually makes sense. if i recall correctly, this was galileo's experiment on the pisa tower. he dropped 2 cannon balls of different weights, proving that things fall faster than each other because of air resistance, not weight.

fuggin 2 am almost my bedtime

i was the dude who posted the other one where some guy called it meathead science hour. breddy funny name tbqh

yeah totally this dude gets it

get in here bro's

You don't actually push your body weight, you need to account for the holes in the plates, so you need to add a little more weight.

also watch out for electric ceiling fans. the motors have magnets, which slightly help pull up the plates you lift, making your true #s seem bigger than they actually are

Yeah, everything you drop accelerates at the same speed in a vacuum because the effort it takes to move a heavy object is directly cancels out it's ability to accelerate faster compared to a lighter object, which takes less effort to accelerate. The only thing left to change the equation is air resistance.

Retard.

Physics student at Oxford reporting in.

You make me want to fucking an hero OP.

>Physics student at Oxford reporting in.
diggin the subtle brag my NIG

have an OC MEME my DUDE

Golly gee Oxford?? Have a meme.

No its higher because gravity thinks you're tyring to get away so it pulls on you harder

DEJA VU I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

TRULY is one of the MOST PRESTIGIOUS UNIs EVER see how i used UNI not UNIVERSITY or COLLEGE

UNI UNI UNI UNI UNI UNI MY FUCKING PENIS OH MY GOD

THANKS FOR REPORTING IN

>anonymous
>bragging
how does this even make sense

idk my MAN you're the one at OXFORD god dang haha

SHOULDN'T AUSTRALIANS BE ASLEEP BY NOW?

Pushups are more core dominant, also consider that on the bench you're driving your feet into the floor so you're really not pushing with just that upper body.
I may have worded that last bit wrong but I hope you get what I mean, basically pushups work your upper body a hell of a lot more than bench, this becomes especially apparent as you elevate your feet.
Keep working on both though, shit's good for you.

Include me in screencap,thanks

Guys please bump this thread

just fucking respond to my hedonism meme dude i changed the face at the bottom just laugh or soemthing im dead inside

Post the full gif, lad.

Air resistance is a force proportional to and always acting in the direction opposite to the velocity. The speeds are too small to make this relevant in either bench pressing or pushups.

Oh no, it's retarded.

This is true, you're not relaxing on your back while doing a pushup. When you think about it it's both a plank and a bench press at the same time, and that's more exhausting.

So should I be doing side pushups for my obliques?

I can do a lot of pushups but not bench my BW for many reps at all. Am I autism?