I'm a bit confused about something Veeky Forums...

I'm a bit confused about something Veeky Forums. I heard if you want to build muscle you need bulk first in order to change that bulk into muscle. However I want muscle and to be slimmer (specifically the swimmers build). I been running a lot and I get comments saying that cardio stops your body to build muscle and just become more slimmer. Should I first build muscle THEN get a slimmer body? Or should I slim out THEN build muscle.

You should read the sticky

Stickyyyyyyyyyy

Stats? I would almost always advocate for bulking first to take advantage of those n00b gains unless you are like hambeast god planet sized

Do you have more bodyfat then your goal (you probably do)? If so, cut.

first you should get lean imo. building muscle is a slow process, while losing fat is much faster, especially if you are really overweight. Plus since you are a complete beginner you'll probably be able to put on some muscle mass while on a calorie deficit.
I always suggest to cut until you can see your abs and then bulking, because abs are the only "short term goal" that you can achieve as a beginner.

>swimmers build
So go fucking swim, idiot

Can't swim.....

why not learn it?

Almost died

I don't know why but this interaction made me kek

Just be in Positive Nitrogen Balance and you'll make all the gains you're looking for fucker.

c-citation needed

he was watching a "how to swim" tutorial video on YT, suddenly a meteorite fell on top of his neighbor's house.

If you are morbidly obese: lose weight first.

If you have a normal-ish build: do weights and eat high protein, no caloric deficit needed. Despite what Veeky Forums says, for a beginner it's perfectly possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

fix your diet, lift alot and do light cardio.

or, if you want the swimmers build, start swimming a alot and do wide grip hangups.

READ THE FUCKING STICKY, YOU STUPID, MISERABLE CUNT

There is way to "change bulk into muscle". There is no physical way for your body to convert fat into muscle fibers.

Bulking is a shortcut for lazy fucks to gain weight fast. Sure, eating like a pig will help you gain more muscle, but most of what you gain will be fat, which you will in turn have to cut later on, and when you cut you will also lose a bit of muscle.

So it's a lot of work for nothing, and you should maintain a steady healthy diet with a very slight calorie surplus and enough protein instead of falling for memes.

Bulking is defined by being in a caloric surplus to build muscle, not "eating like a pig". Even 100 calories over maintenance is a bulk

I almost drowned body surfing but I literally went right back once I caught my breath. Don't be a bitch bro learn something new

SS+GOMAD

HEY guys, im confused too, if i try a High-protein diet, and lift weights, im going to lose fat and Gain muscle at the SAME TIME ?

How about you read the sticky? that's why it's there

>I heard if you want to build muscle you need bulk first in order to change that bulk into muscle.

this alone pretty much is an omen to the fact you're literally always gonna look like shit

I'm curious as well

Work hard eat hard duh

tren hard, eat clen

Yes, strictly speaking, but when fitizens use that word they usually mean "I'm going to add 2000 calories to my diet and gain 40 pounds in a month, I'm gunna be so stronk".

Faggots that say cardio destroys muscle are retards. To an extent and done a lot, it can. If programmed correctly and accounted for when eating, however, cardio is extremely beneficial. Always do cardio if you're bulking or cutting.

True enough, my man

start in the kiddie pool buddy

fucking three year olds can learn how to swim

cardio also helps with recovery by increasing blood flow to muscles

3 year olds haven't yet devolved to the levels of autism required to browse Veeky Forums. I think OP is a lost cause on this one.