Hey Veeky Forums I was diagnosed with nephritis a few months ago

Hey Veeky Forums I was diagnosed with nephritis a few months ago.

That means I have to take a blood pressure pill probably for the rest of my life, it keeps my blood pressure lower because nephritis pushes it upwards. My blood pressure was like 13/9 when it should be below 12/8, and now after taking the pill daily for a while it's like 11/7 which is perfectly normal and healthy.

But I'm in my 20s and I don't like taking pills, it makes me feel bad. I'm not even overweight.
If I do a lot of cardio, can I make my blood pressure drop so I don't have to take the pill every day?
My higher blood pressure wasn't heart-related, it's about my kidneys being inflammed and not filtering stuff properly all the time. But it could still help right?

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/in-depth/high-blood-pressure/art-20045206
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramipril
kidney.org/nutrition/Kidney-Disease-Stages-1-4
edren.org/pages/edreninfo/iga-nephropathy.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sure you can lower your heart rate in normal state after doing cardio regularly. But I dont know about the blood pressure.

Yeah I know about heart rate, my dad's been doing cardio stuff for 40 years and his heart rate rests much lower than normal

But I wonder if arteries get bigger if you exercise a lot so your pressure drops
Or maybe if the fat that clogs them and makes them smaller goes away

>Regular physical activity makes your heart stronger. A stronger heart can pump more blood with less effort. If your heart can work less to pump, the force on your arteries decreases, lowering your blood pressure.
mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/in-depth/high-blood-pressure/art-20045206

This doesn't make sense in my mind

If the heart pumps one time really strongly, or if it pumps two times half as strong, the pressure should be the same, right?

i recommend l arginine, werks wunderbar for my blood pressure

cardiac output = stroke x volume

but artery radius/resistance (fluid viscosity/semi-blockage) also play a huge part

I dunno about this m8

if its your kidneys that are inflamed.

I would not do this.

I would probably ask the doc how you can change your diet so you can stay out of dialysis in the long run.

Cardio, bodyweight exercises and swimming. Swimming is really supposed to help. Make sure to take a multivitamin with iron.. Yoga is supposed to help to. Hand stand poses are supposed to be great for circulation.

You're body doesn't have to try as hard to oxidize your blood. It's not just heart strength, it's also lung health.

My doctor gave me a pill with this in it:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramipril

It's just a mainstream blood pressure pill, and I get the lowest dosage (2.5mg).
It's also supposed to help with proteinuria (pissing protein away) because my inflammed kidneys don't absorb it completely.

I've changed my diet and I'm not overweight, I just didn't exercise until now

Yoga and swimming bruh

it not about if you're fat or not

you should probably try to keep your kidneys in less stress due to a certain things in your diet

kidney.org/nutrition/Kidney-Disease-Stages-1-4

physics 101
velocity increases, pressure decrease

I don't know if what I have is classified as "kidney disease", it's 99% "IgA nephropathy" basically the way I understood it one of my own antibodies attacks the filters of my kidneys for some unknown reason.

But the only way to be sure is to have a biopsy and my doctor says to give it a few more months before doing it.

edren.org/pages/edreninfo/iga-nephropathy.php

It's one of those m8

you can play it safe because you're not sure what you have

or

you can act like everything is normal and when you get the results act like you were suprised.

Your kidneys have a major function in filtering shit out. Why stress the system if it's inflamed for unknown reason.

>edren.org/pages/edreninfo/iga-nephropathy.php

>Is it serious?

In about one third of cases IgAN goes on to cause progressive damage to the kidneys (see Chronic renal failure and its progression) and some of these patients may need dialysis and/or transplantation in the end (see Dialysis and end-stage renal failure). IgAN tends to be very slowly progressive and so the process of the kidneys failing can take 10 to 30 years. At the time of diagnosis, it is often possible to tell whether there is a high chance of your kidneys becoming damaged with time or whether your outlook is good.

1 foot into kidney disease m8

No I get what you mean I've changed my diet a lot

I now eat a fruit at 12:00 and 18:00 and half my lunch and dinner is now greens and salads
I also take a fish oil capsule after lunch and dinner too

Th-That's not gonna happen to me
Right?

I've worked as an EMT transporting dialysis patients m8

I'd do my best to avoid it. Having to go in 3x week to get your shit filtered out through a shunt and THEN feeling like shit afterwards cause you just put your blood through a washing machine.

avoid phosphorous, easy on the protein, easy on the salt. Easy on anything that really fucks with your blood.

Hope for the best that it comes back better.

Odds are 2/3 according to the link you posted

good luck m8

Thanks

avoid sodium. seriously. cut as much sodium out of your diet as your can and you should see nearly instant results in bp.
google the relationship between sodium and potassium and how it works within the liver

I meant kidneys not liver

Just like with pipes, if the pressure is getting too high, just release some of the contents.

I recommend you bleed yourself daily. That'll let off some of the pressure.