Ankle Weights

I was about to spend $20 on adjustable ankle weights today but then I started reading up on them and apparently they put joints at risk over time. What does Veeky Forums think about them and has anyone here ever used them?
I was thinking about wearing them at work where I spend anywhere from 6-12 hours walking with an average of 20 minutes sitting, but I don't want to fuck my knees, either.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B014ZF5S6Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't do that.

All they do is put strain on your joints, no reason to wear them

They will hurt your joints, do not use or buy them.

I now know enough not to walk with them on, but for low impact exercises, like supine leg raises, it's still not a good idea?
I'm having trouble figuring out what I can do to strengthen my legs. I do a babby version of goblet squats where I fall into a chair and then stand back up using only my legs, but that and climbing stairs are all I have in my repertoire.

I did buy this and am waiting on shipping
amazon.com/gp/product/B014ZF5S6Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Walking lunges, pistol squats, calf raises and good old fashioned cardio are all good OP.

But I'm assuming you may just want to lose weight first, concentrate on diet primarily

My weight is OK and getting better since starting my job (presently 5'3 122lb grill), but I want to get strong and I don't want to be skinny fat any more. I started out doing pussybabby "lifting" with 2lb water bottles and doing leg raises while wearing hiking boots, and I've moved up to using 5lb dumbbells for my arms, but my legs need a challenge, too.

They are good for stuff that pushes against gravity, and non weight bearing

Which basically means they are good for...swimming, stomach exercises and pull ups

Also good for balance stuff, but unless you are professional athlete, your balance isnt an issue

Not worth 20 dollars

What kind of stomach exercises?

lying down leg raises
that chair thingy leg raises/iso
reverse crunch

basically every stomach exercise where you move your legs

i use them for hanging leg raises.

i don't see the point in wearing them all day. they'll irritate your skin and come loose over time.

Flutter kicks with ankle weights are GOAT

how heavy would you go?

What do you say about a weighted vest?

Are you OP? Start with 5lbs on each ankle after you're able to do 200 in a row unweighted, that's 100 per leg alternating each rep of course

If you've got a strong core you can probably do like 10lbs on each side, with flutter kicks it's really just go til failure, your core recovers fast compared to other muscles

As far as leg workouts, just squat, nothing is better for building strength and mass

Nah man, there's nothing you'd need a weighted vest for that you can't easily substitute with something else, plus its horrible for your joints

Thanks, Veeky Forums. I guess I won't be wasting my money and fucking my joints today.
But aside from squatting, the fuck can I do at home to build my legs?

Goku wore weights everywhere
Goku was fucking jacked
If you wear weights everywhere you will get jacked

Why do you want to do something other than squatting, you don't need to, my legs got so big just squatting that I couldn't walk without my legs chaffing my nuts, so I stopped squatting for a while and now do lower weight

If you mean because you have no access to a squat rack then idk, figure out a way to squat without one?

>but unless you are professional athlete, your balance isnt an issue
Never going to make it

I have a few ankle weights and a weighted vest. I sometimes put it all on to make me feel like goku.

Apart from that i wouldnt wear them for too long.