Is fitshaming a real thing...

Is fitshaming a real thing? I dont ever want to stop lifting (ottermode currently) but I dont want to be ostracized for being a big guy later on

You won't get BIG being such a PUSSY.

>all posts with massively negative scores

obviously not

who gives a shit just be yourself

It is

If you hang on reddit and Tumblr as they tend to take out their frustrations from real life there.

>source: my ass

Probs doesn't help that 300 is the go to I wanna show my hot bod off outfit

I mean zyzz did it how many years ago? It isn't even a remotely current movie now

No, the source was reddit and Tumblr you imbecile

Colleagues and people at my school always comment on my strength/size.

Snarky comments like
>nicknamed me 'muscley'
>comments about how I can't eat X because I'm fit
>not inviting me to events because I'll probably be at the gym
>ask me if I don't have any tighter shirts

I never ever talk about gym or food. I keep to myself and still have to deal with this passive aggressive shit.

sucks having shit co-workers. go to HR and report harassment.

I work in an auto shop, HR is non-existent and I don't plan to make a lot of noise with only a few months left of my apprenticeship.

It's nothing I can't handle, it doesn't phase me. But I can still recognize that these people are actively trying to make me feel bad about something that should be an achievement.

they're jelly brah. any time someone says anything passive aggressive or condescending to you, just remember you're better than them and they know it. when you're apprenticeship is over tell them to fuck off and give them the bird as you walk out the door.

Having a body like that is awesome but showing it off like that and dressing up as a spartan is gay as fuck brahs

You're a walking reminder of their own weakness and lack of self-discipline, so they band together in a pack and label you as an outsider who flaunts their dearly-held unwritten rules, when you're not there they can all relax and ignore the flimsy state of their bodies, you provide an uncomfortable mirror and part of their brain screeches like a chimp and wants other chimps to screech along with them. They want you to fail because they don't want to be alone.

Forgot to mention; this doesn't mean that you need to retaliate and take their insecure nonsense at face value. If you don't want to get mugged you don't walk down dark alleyways at night, if you don't want to die in a road traffic collision you wear a seat belt and drive sober, and if you don't want to be poisoned by their weakness you just be a gentleman about it and don't let them hook you into their petty squabble, the only power they have in this regard is the power you give them. What they don't realise is that nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

It honestly just sounds like you can't handle the banter

>-50
>-87
>-112

What kind of retard made that picture ?

I can handle the banter. I can't handle that people from my 'tribe' are trying to hurt me. Being ostracized always hurts if you don't have any empathy disorders.

Words are just words, it's the obviously malicious intentions that hurts.

This.

The problem with the internet is that you weigh everyone's opinions equally, and it's too easy to find extreme views. If you asked a thousand people on the streets, the fitshaming people will be in the considerable minority, and most of those would be from envy. You can tell, because you have 4 views there, and AT LEAST 112 people disagreed them, although it was probably more.

People call me a brick shithouse and grope me, it's alright I guess

>I'm not homophobic
>uses gay as an insult

I'm homophobic, so that's not my qualm, I just hate hypocrites.

A bunch of mechanics are getting triggered by your physique? Or is it just the normal male work environment banter and you're being a pussy? Also, what group of grown ass men call one guy Muscely as an insult lmao. You guys sound like losers

>I'm not homophobic
>only gays have demigod tier bodies
Where was the insult?

I can already imagine what the commenters look like.

Skelly, skinnyfat or just fat.

>All those downboats
Kek even Reddit thinks that's bullshit

It's just them making up for feelings of inferiority, make new friends preferably ones that lift/play sports/otherwise take care of themselves. People that are happy with how their bodies perform/look are far less likely to shame you for it.

You can't handle an all male work place environment, aka, can't take the banter.

That sounds closeted as fuck "Only gay guys have nice bodies, toned muscular bodies......"

this user gets it

"I'm not homophobic, but only teh gays..."
Fucking faggot.

Moving on though, I seriously didn't know that men shame other men for being fit. I always kinda assumed that fitness and "beastmode" was either ignored or appreciated, but these lifeless sad-sacks are praising "dad-bod" (whatever the fuck that is)?

why do you care of opinions of fat men who will be dead by 40?

>"my 'tribe'"
Why do you want the fatties to be your 'tribe'
If you strive for excellence, don't settle for mediocre people.

no other modern movie treats the male physique in a similar way so it will have a special place as long as that's true.

>nicknames like "muscley"
Fucking kek

I remember one guy told me a story about when he worked as a mechanic and he said if the other guys saw you reading a book (any book) they'd start calling you things like "the professor".

Mechanics are generally super sensitive to anyone acting different.
Have a beard? You're now Mohammed The bomber

Like biking? You're now Armstrong

Play games? Every morning people will ask you if you won world of warcraft

Honestly it's only cemented my determination that I don't belong and should continue onwards into something like maritime engineering or try to nail a head mechanic spot

>Is fitshaming a real thing?

No, but jealousy and insecurity is a real thing.

It's why fat neckbeards will tell themselves they have a better body and face than this guy for example.
There's plenty of them on this very board, and even more of them on boards like /r9k/, /pol/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /a/ etc.

Of fucking course fitshaming is real. Success breeds jealousy

Eh, i cut and bulk in about 3/9 month cycles. Whenever i cut i get so many comments from the fat ladies at my job.
>"Oh why are you only eating eggs with cottage cheese for lunch?"
>"Im currently dieting"
>"OHMAOGAOD, you're the last one who needs to diet, BECKEY, did you know chris is on a DIIIEEEE-et?"
>"You have to eat MOOORE than daaat chriiiis, otherwise your body will enter starvation mode, that's the reason i didn't lose weight last time i tried"
>"Did you know that starving yourself will decrease your bone density, but i guess you don't want to be walking when you're 60 anyway chriiiis"
>"Dieting is probably why you have that diabeeetus of yours" (Im a T1 since the age of 3)
>"I though you knew you had to eat if you wanna build muscle chriiiiiis"
That's why i now eat lunch in my car or go unusual hours

>no, but yes
Make up your mind

>ask me if I don't have any tighter shirts

This, fucking this.
Its mostly one guy at work that does it to me, other ones are

>is that your girlfriends shirt?
>no he cant eat that its not just pure protein
>ugth youre like a literal wall of muscle get out of the way

The last one he does variations of all the time even though Im only 192lbs at 6'1". Theres a guy whos 6'0" who weighs 230ish that he never says it to because hes just fat. He'll do it more often infront of girls trying to bring my status down - I think hes gotten into some skeezy PUA shit before.

Hes a skinny skaterboarder kid whos now 30

whoever coloured this photo is a fucking retard

Gurantee you the reason you're not invited to things isn't because of what you said.

you just suck as a person.

Yee, keep in mind those that do it are insecure DYELS themselves

This was sent by a dude that's not only on a diet to stay skinny (I'm talking twig mode) but the same dude doesn't even lift

no, just no
listen here novice
>you are no more chris
>you are user now
farewell

How stupid are you?

fit shaming is a thing insecure men do to make themselves feel better, similar to how fat women put down skinny women

> friends with skinnyfat hipsters
> I start lifting
> they start making snide comments about how I'm at the gym all the time, they're too good for it, the standard
> I don't care
> they get angrier and angrier, wind up ostracizing me
> still make comments behind my back about how I'm obsessed, etc.
> I'd rather not have them and be swole than have them and be skinnyfat to be quite honest family

>I work in an auto shop
With a bunch of fucking women?
Dude only fags and females gossip this way.

>guys its not THAT hard to not look like shit

You need to stop romanticing that profession. It's a very primal environment in that they don't handle outsiders well, people who act differently or pretty much any kind of change.

Lowest adaptability I've ever seen.

But saying only women act like this is just ignorant.

I ride my bike to Uni everyday (easy 5km), I go hard and show up sweating.
>Hey lance, training hard for the tour, ahahahah
Everyday I hear comments like this, don't take it too seriously have fun with it.

>But saying only women act like this is just ignorant.

>on the internet
>seriously caring about what other people say
user maybe you're just sensitive.

They don't, not really.

Even in that echochamber that is reddit, they got downvotes. Most men would laugh at THEM for trying to shittalk their betters.

That's not to say that men don't take issues with those who are better than them, they're just less delusional, as a group, than women are.

>being a tripfag regularly
>not being overly concerned with opinions of people on the internet

Fuck this user, do whatever you want Chris. I believe in you Chris.

Basically you'll get fit-shamed by a handful of jealous numale cucks with dadbods and meme beards trying to put you down in front of others

and by women shit testing you who are basically throwing snide remarks at you to see if anything sticks to your insecurity so they have a good reason to fight their instinctive urge to jump you there and then and rip their fucking clothes off

The response to both is the same, which is don't get defensive, play with them, maintain a sense of amused mastery of the situation, and never show any insecurity- always be pride of what you've done, but never by angrily taking bait in a way that makes you look butthurt.

Guys will either gain respect for you or stop because they realise snide remarks about how much time you spend in the gym run off your perfectly sculpted posterior chain like water off a raincoat, and you'll go home with one of the women by the end of the night because the only thing more unattractive than a nu-male bitchtits dadbod is woman-tier insecurity

You DIET and WORK OUT while Chad stays at home and eats PIZZA

Lifting is POINTLESS, all that matters is ALPHA GENETICS

Honestly my biggest problem was the opposite. I used to work for a furniture company and the comments I'd get from middle aged/old women while moving their furniture made me legitimately uncomfortable

As a type 1 diabetic I understand this. Whats worse is when people say 'you must have been fat as a kid' to be diabetic.

They're all downvoted to shit you faggot

only ugly, lazy self defeating cucks (and she-cucks) say shit like that

You are gonna make it, dude. Fuck those man childs.

This. Dudes a fucking pussy. Why don;t you man up and stop being hurt by words like a fucking woman.

You can be different but you're going to have to face the consequences of your decisions and deal with comments (not fucking beatings you pussy). If you still maintain your differences after being roasted by the group then it means you get to keep them and you were serious instead of trying to be a special snowflake

I bet you don't even bantz

I don't see how gay was used as an insult, in that particular case.

ayy whaddup #T1Dboiz

I was in Napa last year out at some resort. I was at the pool, and my sister says to me, "user, go get my hat from the room." And there's this man-lady Tumblr landwhale monstrosity nearby. As I'm walking back with the hat, said monstrosity blatantly, and loud enough for me to hear, starts saying, "Everyone look at me and my muscles, I'm so big and strong. I just want everyone's attention."

lmao

i'd have laffed it off

What a nice group of obviously heterosexual males

if they're mad at you because you're doing something good then keep at it
let them drown in self-pity while you improve everyday

Dadbod refers to the type of body you typically see on middle-aged American men of the 90s-00s, overweight with a beergut. Not obese, but no visible muscle.

Assuming you're Murrikan, it does seem surprising how few people can distinguish between T1 and T2 beetus given how many people have it.

I'd the redhead.

To an extent, but it's like a punch thrown by a 12 year old, it's got no weight to it. The only time it bothers me is when I make my friends feel like shit about their bodies.

Fugg I hate catty coworker bitches

They make office life a living hell

I would have yelled "thar she blows" or something

>and by women shit testing you who are basically throwing snide remarks at you to see if anything sticks to your insecurity so they have a good reason to fight their instinctive urge to jump you there and then and rip their fucking clothes off
I dont understand how this works really
Lets assume a girl wants some fit guy, why not say she wants to fuck and get to fuck instead of throwing off snide remarks and basically insulting you which gives them...what exactly?
I dont understand the point of it

>>comments about how I can't eat X because I'm fit

>report harassment

I hope youre joking you numale cuck

She assumes she has to lower your self esteem for that. Which is kind of true, I wouldn't date a fat girl and I've only ever slept with one which I regretted.

>MFW uneducated gym monkeys idolize literal homos

That...doesnt make sense but ill trust you on it
girls seem intent on lowering guys self esteem for no aparent reason, i mean insults and general bitchy behaviour all round

Seems like a shitty tactic desu because from what i can tell girls dont fuck guys who got bad self esteem so bringing it down seems to me like taking a dump on a cake before not eating it

Guys do it to girls all the time too.

Its to see if you're a bitch too.
No girl wants to fuck a bitch. If you cry or back off, you aren't worth her time.

But that makes sense, guys want to fuck and girls generally dont. In order to get her to settle you need to bring her down abit so she doesnt think she is too good for you etc etc
If a girl walks up to a guy at a bar asking for sex she will most likely get a yes, there is no need to play games or set things up

Guys however need to work for it and work very hard

Joe Rogan its time to stop posting

Girls don't make sense a lot of the time, they do things for reasons that don't add up

Think of it like checking the girl you're going to bang isn't a neurotic mess who's going to fish your rubber out of the garbage to impregnate herself with your child, or something equally nightmarish.
Girls will check that you've got the attitude to match your body, because they don't want to sleep with a limp-wristed closet case more insecure than they are. They want a man.

A: No she won't, I've turned down plenty of women making obvious passes. Not every dude will sleep with just anyone. I'd have a better night jerking off and sleeping in a dry bed by myself than sleeping with a fatty. B: She still feels insecure approaching people, approaching people is scary no matter how confident you are.

everyone who works out is a cunt who can't accept they are dying

even george foreman made grills ffs

#grillsmate

That does make sense that its a test to see how fucked up you are really but still seems like talking to people is a better way of finding out

But she still has a much better chance at getting a guy to go home with her if she initiates, sure you might reject her but what about the next guy over?
If she is fat then yes, its obviously harder but an average girl? it wouldnt surprise me if she has a 80% or higher hit rate when approaching guys
Lets not go r9k with this shit but its easier for an average girl to get a guy than it is for an average guy to get a girl, but like i said if she is fat there is not alot she can do and she will probably feel the same rejection rate as the average guy
Ive never approached girls in a bar or club because ive had a gf for the longest time and now i got a job so i got no idea of how bad things are really but i do know girls love to play games with guys and they love to tease

women aren't even people

Your guess isn't far off; experiments using 7/10 (as rated by male cohorts) have shown that if women walk up to a man and ask if he would like to sleep with her, between 68-75% respond yes, with a significant portion of the remainder citing being married or having a girlfriend as their reason for declining. In a single's bar you would expect an even higher hit rate.

It's my life's dream to bully a fit person's cock so I'd say yes fitshaming might be real.

Yeah but if she's just using the shotgun approach then word gets out and dudes tend to avoid her because of her reputation, I knew girls like that in uni. Decent looking but would sleep with anyone so most guys didn't bother.

It's probably easier, but insecurity affects everyone.

am i reading that right? guys asking girls to "bed" (i assume fuck, right?) had a zero percent hit rate?
Holy shit thats bleek, i mean goddamn even fucking telemarketers selling socks got a higher hit rate than that
Jesus christ how the fuck did we ever become the dominant species on the planet with those kind of settings?

I sometimes get passive aggressive comments from old people. One younger guy, probably a college student, called me a meathead.

That's it.

Because guys back then didn't even ask, actually women will often say that a verbal question about the subject will kill their mood.

The more I understand women the happier I am with being gay.

Yes, the male requesting either 'to go to bed with them', 'sleep with them', or 'have sex' has always had a 0% response rate regardless of how it's worded, across every study for the last 40 years.

That's not to say it's impossible, it's just that most of these studies are conducted on or near college campuses in public places; so the truly grotesque, deformed, or severely mentally handicapped aren't represented in the experimental populations.

anyone else notice the nipple ring?

It's in the language. Let's get out of here, or let's go watch a movie would have an infinitely higher success rate despite both parties knowing what it meant.

My dick does.

The more i think about women the less i understand
I seriously believe that a girls selection process for a guy is a drunken monkey sitting in her head throwing a dart at a dart board, if the monkey hits a bulls eye she says yes and accepts the guy but as with monkeys it usually just scratches its ass and throws shit instead of darts
or something, i dont really know

>That's not to say it's impossible, it's just that most of these studies are conducted on or near college campuses in public places
That...seems to imply its even harder
I mean depending on how the study subjects were chosen i know there are two things that makes a girl more likely to accept sex
1. younger age and 2. being drunk
If the hit rate is zero with these two "mitigating" factors in play then holy shit
Suddenly i dont feel bad about failing at dating, seems like its the norm