High bar or low bar, which one is better for athletic performance?

High bar or low bar, which one is better for athletic performance?

Well seeing as high bar is more similar to front squat than low bar is, I would say high

Low bar since it works more muscles with a marginally bigger weight, after that it's sport specific (low bar better for sprints, high bar better for soccer etc), all that said it doesn't fucking matter because they are similar as fuck.

Do low bar unless you want to do high bar, then do high bar.

>high bar similar to front squats

Who started this meme? It's total BS.

Legit get triggered when I hear people say that.

athletics have more to do with the balls of the feet (the front half) you use it for sprinting, dexterity and balance. neither low bar of high bar train your body for this. Bro science would dictate that you should wear sports shoes when you lift, or put something under your heals and lift. i dont know if low bar or high bar would be safer or better in this realm.

Objectively, I'd say low bar. More muscle mass, more weight on the bar.

But what's important is that you pick one and train it. Do you really think there will be a tangible difference to your athletic performance between picking one or the other?

Even in sports like powerlifting and weightlifting, where you think the difference between them would be very important, have people that prove otherwise. There have been a few nationally ranked weighlifters using low bar, and you see more than a few high bar squatters at the IPF worlds.

high bar is the best for athletic performance, good carryover to jumping and sprinting

dont listen to lowbar fags, the lowbar squat is a squat specificly to squat the most weight possible

>dont listen to lowbar fags, the lowbar squat is a squat specificly to squat the most weight possible

But, would doing low-bar instead of high-bar really make a difference in performance in a sport besides powerlifting? Would, say, a football player be better doing high-bar squats, instead of low-bar squats? I really don't think there would be much difference. I think the fact the football player squats is more important.

I switched to low-bar recently and it feels comfy as fuck
on my heavy sets my form feels way more solid and I can really drive up through my heels and hips
also I squat more weight
heavy lowbar + frontsquat volume

yeah slightly , but if at the end of the day you squat 500 lbs it doesnt really matter how you squat them

Athletic performance = high bar

Powerlifting performance = low bar

Low bar 4 lyfe

>people who dont understand the importance of the posterior chain for athleticism
fuck off with your 'hurr durr high bar is for athletes' shit
squat heavy and it will heave a positive outcome on your performance, highbar or lowbar doesn't matter

It depends on your purpose, if your goal is to move the most weight then go lowbar, if you want some big joocy quads do highbar

you still train your posterior chain with high bar, and you are supposed to do deadlifts and ghr if you are an athlete

the difference is the movement pattern

WTF FIT SO IS IT OKAY FOR THE KNEES TO TRACK OVER THE FEET OR WHAT? IM FUCKING TIRED OF THIS COGNITIVE DISSONANCE FROM ALL THESE CONFLICTING SOURCES

>lowbar
- more posterior chain, less quads
- requires less mobility
- usually shorter ROM
- due to the above, usually allows for more weight to be lifted
- more carryover to deadlift and vice versa

>highbar
- more quads, less posterior chain
- requires more mobility
- usually longer ROM
- due to the above, usually allows for less weight to be lifted
- less carryover to deadlift

yes, it's completely fine.

You proportions determine how your squat stance should be, which in turn determines how far your knees travel forward.

only if front squatting
it makes your squat quad-dominant

Shouldn't your elbows be higher in front squats?

It's absolutely fine

>The front squat requires a greater flexibility of the hips

since the hip angle is bigger, shouldn't that require less hip flexibility?

Both

Most people are already too quad dominant so low bar is the patrician choice

MORE similar than low bar
Do you English

Honestly, it depends on what muscles you want to be bigger. I've always high barred but I want a bigger ass and hammys so I've been low barring now.