The science is in: Exercise isn’t the best way to lose weight

youtube.com/watch?v=eXTiiz99p9o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_H5oFX7bHtY?t=514
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wew

What's wrong about it ? Diet is king if you want to lose weight

Saw this thread on pol.

This is and always has been an established fact OP.
You won't find people claiming otherwise here. Nobody here exercises to lose weight anyway.

Well, yeah. Diet has always been the key to weight loss, exercise is useful if you don't want to look like a skinnfat piece of shit when you're done dieting.

but that's exactly the point

why lose weight when you still look like shit?

Because if you do exercise as well you won't look shit?

What's your point?

what the actual fuck
how is this not common knowledge
the obesity problem is due to a lack of education i swear

my point is, people usually lose weight to look better
diet, of course, is key, however with no exercise they would look, as you said, like a skinnyfat piece of shit and still be incontent

Women don't care, skinnyfat is their default form. As long as they're not fat they're bangable, and that's enough for them.

Better look skinnyfat than fat.

yeah, I guess you're right

>my point is, people usually lose weight to look better
Enjoy your heart disease, fatso.

But that's true

Weight up or down is dependent on diet

All excercise does is tone your body

No shit.

>saw that video on youtube today
>Click not interested/do not like this video

>wonder how long it would take for somebody on Veeky Forums to post about it

>We join the gym on January first

Five seconds in and you know the people that made this video will never make it.

Anything that makes society weaker, will make me look better, more successful, and make the soon coming fatty purge come quick.

Eat right and exercise.

not new info OP exersize just helps the process along.

exercise*

Why is this being presented like it some amazing new science? We all should already know this. Anyone who doesn't know this needs to either go back to elementary school or kill themselves.

School cirriculum should really be changed to reflect life skills. Everyone needs to know basic nutrition, financing, cooking, cleaning, math, science, etc. If you can't pass a life skills test in the 12th grade, instead of graduating, you get sent straight to prison where you're working for the state until you can pass the life skills test.

We have known this for ages newfag.
Go read the sticky and don't ever post again until you finish it.

WHAT?
i thought i could just eat shit all day and then hop on the treadmil for an hour

No, but you should still exercise when you're trying to lose weight to get faster results because it does burn calories, and it does build muscle that increases your bmr, and you'll actually look good once the fat is gone rather than being a twig person with loose skin.

Not going to bother watching the video, but I hope the conclusion is diet + exercise is the best way, rather than just diet.

Anyone who doesn't suck at cardio can burn an additionally significant amount of calories through it.

Run 5 to 10 miles a day and tell me that doesn't contribute a lot.

See here for insight
youtu.be/_H5oFX7bHtY?t=514

>As people lose weight, their basal metabolic rate drops as well

Gee whiz, GIVE THEM A NOBEL PRIZE!

Seriously, how fucking retarded have people become? How is everything in this video not common knowledge already?

If I had to choose between fat and skelly, I would choose skelly. Skelly looks bad but fat looks REALLY bad.

The video praises exercise. It's the single best thing you can do for your health (aside from quitting a vice like smoking).
It just says, "...it's no the solution to losing weight."

"The solution is to not over-eat."

READ THE STICKY

>Not going to bother watching the video, but I hope the conclusion is diet + exercise is the best way, rather than just diet.
the conclusion is that diet is the most important and exercise is a healthy supplement to eating less. it's common sense shit.

>Anyone who doesn't suck at cardio can burn an additionally significant amount of calories through it.
true, but the people who don't suck at cardio are typically already skinny. I don't think I know any fat people with a good 10k time.

Well, if the solution is not to overeat, then committing to something that burns a significant amount of calories and lets one eat more strengthens that solution, not to mention it helps with someone's overall composition as they lose weight.

I know I know, just a clickbait video, so I shouldn't even need to explain all that, but whatever.

Because have the weight makes you not just look like shit, but FEEL like shit, too.

>the conclusion is that diet is the most important and exercise is a healthy supplement to eating less. it's common sense shit.
Yep

>true, but the people who don't suck at cardio are typically already skinny. I don't think I know any fat people with a good 10k time.
Let me reword: people who don't do cardio half-heartedly*

A fat person who puts a lot of effort into cardio will burn a hell of a lot more simply because of his weight than the skinny person who's good at cardio. Most think walking for 10 minutes is good enough.

no, they are correct. exercise doesn't burn that many calories for untrained people, and it takes a couple of minutes to undo all the exercise you did with a small snack. I've seen people start working out and losing absolutely no weight many times in my life. Of course exercise is useful in addition to a good diet, but the necessary and important part is the diet.

So for the billionth time, what's the best diet?

whoa...really makes u think...

the one you can stick to.

Diverse sources
Eaten as needed
No over-consumption
Drink water only in large quantity

The krispy kreme diet?

Tl;dr: eating less is much more significant to losing weight than excersise, so, don't ever excersise.

What a bunch of shifty reasoning. Why not do both, diet and excersise? Is that really something the people who made that video didn't think about?

TONED
O
N
E
D

It's necessary if your a goblin manlet and dont want to only eat 1300 cals a day

ur all just fat

especially u

so, Veeky Forums, the video is basically right, according to you?

>being this acoustic
you know exactly what he meant by that

Yes, thats the best way, if you want to be full bicycle, skeleton mode go for it, youll lose weight but will have fuckall for muscle, which is the thing that actually makes you look good.

The best way to lose weight is to not eat like a fucking pig.

My name is Michael Weston. I used to be a spy.

So the big question is, does what you eat matter or how much you eat of something?

Can someone eat shit like mcdonalds or fried chicken or pizza if theyre small portions?

>Exercise isn't the best way to lose weight
>Diet is key

Why is op so butthurt over this?

Read the fucking sticky you dumb fuck.

Doesn't lifting actually go hand in hand with resting metabolism ?