TLDR: What's your take on frozen veggies ?

TLDR: What's your take on frozen veggies ?

Sup fit ?
Recovering fatass here.

I used to firmly believe that fresh was
better than frozen both in taste and nutrition.

As i am currently watching a investigation show about how frozen food are so cheap, It was mentioned (and tested by an independent lab) that in average frozen vegetables has 6 times more nutritious elements than fresh food.
But some frozen fruits or other show 0% of vitamins on their packaging.

Is that right ? Am i being cheated ?
As it is cheaper i think i might only buy frozen now.

fresh (in season) > frozen > fresh (our of season)

i just buy frozen year round cause fuck it, its cheaper, last longer and the nutritional value is practically the same as fresh in season.

I like frozen veggies a lot. they don't go bad and I can pull them out whenever I need them. plus they're easy to cook, cheap and taste good.

Depends on what's being made.

Cooking stuff in the oven? Frozen is fine.

Sautéed? Gotta be fresh.

amazing
never have to worry about them going off

fucking fresh foods

Fresh. You get a ton more (organic) and they're way cheaper (organic).

Use what you buy, then buy more. What a concept.

As i cook quite often, i have to say that "sauteed has to be fresh" is not right.

It's possible to use frozen if you switch the recipe steps a bit.

>veggies
Why bother? If youre trying to lise weight youre better off eating nothing or just having an extra bite of chicken en loo of veggies they offer nothing that supps cant do cheaper, except for a possible bout with e coli oe listeria

I'm french you see, food, good food, is in my culture.

I have to cook healthier, doesn't mean i has to taste like shit.

Sorry, had no idea thaf you were french. Excuse my transgression against your culture.

I think fresh produce tastes better and is more versatile when cooking. Frozen is convenient for quick meals, like lazy stir fries and curries.

I tend to buy broccoli and brusselsprouts frozen but everything else I'll buy fresh. Some veggies suck when frozen. Frozen asparagus and green beans become limp and soggy. But broccoli and cauliflower still have decent texture, and I find brusselsprouts turn out better when cooked from frozen.

>veggies
>why bother?
> they offer nothing that supps cant do cheaper

Why even post?

> I'm French
>doesnt comment on the butchering of the French phrase "en lieu"
Something doesn't add up here. I'm being rused.

Haha wtf this guy is serious.
Unhealthy piece of shit

>caring about taste and texture
>not eating frozen veggies purely for their micronutrient stats
food is not for being enjoyed u fucking dyels, its a tool for getting fucking ripped, if it tastes like shit then be it

yeah because when a girl comes over im going to feed her unseasoned chicken breast and a multivitamin
you eat every fucking day you mongrol why the fuck would you not want it to taste good

Fresh for some meals (mostly lunches), frozen for most.

I keep fresh spinach and greens, baby carrots, tomatoes and some squashes for salads and snacking. Also fresh radishes I go on my balcony. Would grow more, but on the north side of the building. But the bulk of what I have is frozen. Much less expensive, keeps effectively forever. Current stock is more spinach, collard greens, corn, green beans, broccoli, green peas and some turnips.

Add in a few pounds of ground turkey, salmon and steelhead trout fillets, eggs and some pickles, and you have the bulk of the contents of my fridge.

Nope, and it's "au lieu".

use fresh if you want to eat it raw or want a more crisp texture. use frozen if you are using a longer cooking method like stewing / baking or only care about the nutrients

>everyone is a grammar nazi and is incapable of reading through someones mistakes instead of pointing them out on an anonymous ukrainian mousepad decorating forum

you eat every fucking day you mongrol why the fuck would you not want it to be nutritious and impact you in a positive way

wow
I guess you see a problem with sitting down with a woman and reading the bible with them as well huh?

There is nothing wrong with making a great meal with someone

OP here, the aim is for it to be nutritious AND tasty/filling/satisfying.

You don't have to hate food to eat healthier.

I usually just buy two different kinds of mixed frozen veggies. One has green beans, corn, peas, lima beans and carrots, and the other has broccoli, corn, cauliflower and red peppers. I then mix them together and steam them and just eat them like that. The corn and peas are enough to give them a delicious flavor, and the rest provides me with nutrients and such.

>using supps

yeah, supps will cover all that hunger up.

you can fucking stack on veggies without feeling hungry.

thanks

>frozen
>cheaper

pick one

I grow most of my own greens fresh.
Fresh, obviously.

how do you unfreeze them?

Frozen veggies are flash boiled before they are frozen so they lose some nutrients and enzymes.

>tldr fresh is best but frozen is still good

Why would out of season fruits/veggies have less nutrients than in season? Their still grown and picked from the fucking ground, it's the same damn fruit.

Fruits out of season are usually grown far away, in South America usually. Fruits are picked before they are ripe, before peak nutritional value, because they have to sit in crates for a week or two and travel a couple thousand miles. As they make their way to the store they lose nutritional value. It's always better to get local, in-season, freshly picked if possible.

t. Doesn't actually shop

>frozen mixed veg $2
>Same veg assorted fresh in season $4
Not a big difference but it saves a lot in the long run

I think Jaime Oliver recommended frozen veg in one of his >quick easy cheap shows or w/e they are called
Nutritionally pretty much identical. Price is similar or even cheaper. He said the freshness can be better depending on brand and how you prepare them

All food is organic.

>en loo
Fuck off Pajeet

>Falling for the organic is better meme

cook them

I don't think freezing really takes away from the nutrition

Heat does for a lot of produce, so it's more how you cook them rather than if freezing will take away nutrition

It has been proven that frozen retains more of the nutrients the vegetable has to offer as the vegetables are frozen at their prime.