Will it be good? What would be a good era for the next full historic total war game?

Will it be good? What would be a good era for the next full historic total war game?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_VIII_of_France
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_III_of_England#Invasion_of_England
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

30 years war.

Unironically China.
Tons of variety in warfare, borders a ton of different cultures, and plenty of chaotic historical scenarios to chose from, etc.
t. Not even a chink

I've been thinking this since empire tw. It only makes sense for a franchise that want to have variations of units and fighting styles that they include the 30 years war and a map of jackson pollock germany with faction dlcs and all.

can you imagine wood engraving style unit cards

I thought that guy on the left had sunglasses

Game
>Britannia 2: The French Conquest of England: The Norman Overlords
Extension
>The Second French Conquest of England: The Angevin Overlords
>The Third French Conquest of England: Louis the Lion
>The Reconquest of Lloegyr: The Welsh Overlords

Yeah. With the variety we got with FOTS for the Boshin War, you think they would try again with this war.

Other ones I would like to see are Ghengis Khan, Warring States or Three Kingdoms China, and Bronze Age Middle East.

They could do a FOTS-style addon with the English civil war

Total War: Ugg

I would unironically prefer this over most meme ages

So we're just having the Britannia campaign again? But with no Llewellyn?

It's shit.

Three Kingdoms Total War would be great

I would rather say just pike and shot for the grand campaign, and 30 years for dlc, along with all the other major wars of this period.

Yup, they could even go full asshole and make all of their neighbors DLC factions, I can see it now:
>mongol dlc
>Korean dlc
>japan dlc so boos can conquer China with muh samurai
>Tibet dlc with mountain battles
>Vietnam dlc
Etc

I realize some of those are different time periods but total war has switched around the era for dlc before i.e. Napoleon, fall of the samurai, etc

>Viki-
Pass. Tired of the Dark Age shit already. We already have Attila & Charlemagne.

this

Renaissance period would be cool.

I want one that goes from 1400s to 1800s with all of Eurasia. With Taiping excpansion

Why are they all white? Everyone knows that vikings were actually African tribes.

>The Second French Conquest of England: The Angevin Overlords
>The Third French Conquest of England: Louis the Lion
>The Reconquest of Lloegyr: The Welsh Overlords

>selecting a dynasty based on religion or family ties equals conquest

England hasn't been successfully invaded by an enemy since 1066, keep crying frenchy

>muh Britain

Will Americans ever stop being obsessed with this place already?
There are so many more interesting things in history
Too bad the current cultural hegemon only care about Britain

>Dark Age Britain
BOOOORING

for you poor continentals hahahaha

CA is a British company. It's why the eternal anglo runs deep in the Total War games.

I'm actually hyped. Medieval 2 total war kingdoms Britannia was great.

You can tell theyre running out of ideas for the history side when they are basically iterating out dlcs.

I'm guessing Empire 3 will be next because they can more or less partially reuse assets

>England hasn't been successfully invaded by an enemy since 1066

True

When people conquer you, you call it a """"liberation""""

>In 1215, the English barons rebelled against the unpopular King John in the First Barons' War. The barons offered the throne to Prince Louis, who landed unopposed on the Isle of Thanet in eastern Kent, England, at the head of an army on 21 May 1216. There was little resistance when the prince entered London, and Louis was proclaimed king at Old St Paul's Cathedral with great pomp and celebration in the presence of all of London. Even though he was not crowned, many nobles, as well as King Alexander II of Scotland on behalf of his English possessions, gathered to give homage.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_VIII_of_France

>William at first opposed the prospect of invasion, but most historians now agree that he began to assemble an expeditionary force in April 1688, as it became increasingly clear that France would remain occupied by campaigns in Germany and Italy, and thus unable to mount an attack while William's troops would be occupied in Britain.[66][67] Believing that the English people would not react well to a foreign invader, he demanded in a letter to Rear-Admiral Arthur Herbert that the most eminent English Protestants first invite him to invade...William's intentions to invade were public knowledge by September 1688.[71] With a Dutch army, William landed at Brixham in southwest England on 5 November 1688... James's support began to dissolve almost immediately upon William's arrival; Protestant officers defected from the English army (the most notable of whom was Lord Churchill of Eyemouth, James's most able commander), and influential noblemen across the country declared their support for the invader.[74]
>William is the last person to successfully invade England by force of arms.[77]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_III_of_England#Invasion_of_England

>KNICKERS STATUS: IN A TWIST

NOT HISTORICALLY ACCURATE REEEEEEEEE

>You can tell theyre running out of ideas for the history side when they are basically iterating out dlcs.

More like they're running out of bankable history.

They've filled the pleb-friendly Knight-Roman/Spartan-Samurai settings already and too pussy to move into untapped settings.

this, there are tons of amazing eras that haven't been touched, it's getting normies to buy into a setting not already plastered all over Hollywood that's the real problem. I would pay hundreds for a properly made pike and shot game with the Italian wars and the 30 years war as more focused map DLC

>What would be a good era for the next full historic total war game?
Early iron age.

Highly detailed map of Hittites, Assyria, Babylon and Egypt.

Alternatively a highly detailed map of classical Greece at around the time of the Peloponnesian War.

The next era is supposed to be a completely new one, so I'm hoping for pike and shot.

Renaissance era

TELL ME ABOUT GAWAIN

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE GIRDLE?

I was actually expecting the next title to be a sort of Bronze age/Age of myth mashup, but CA opted to do Britain for the third time.

left was also drawn recently you dipshit, it's an osprey depiction