QTDDTOT

Can you stay on a deficit forever until you reach your goal body fat? Do we NEED cheat meals or breaks? Will fat loss stop if metabolism isn't 'boosted' regularly through use of these, despite the fact you remain in a deficit? Is it all psychological Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/answer-for-massive-calves
youtube.com/watch?v=tVPlPM0d7eQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, no, wut and yes.

A rare trip. Sweet. Yeah it sounds like rubish desu. Read in a few places we need breaks to restart our metabolism or we stop losing fat/weight. Thanks for the clarification friend.

Nigger what the fuck are you doing? There's still another QTDDTOT up that isn't even close to the bump limit.

Stop shitting the place up you skinny fat faggot.

Yes
No, but they help to curb cravings and prevent binges
Depends on the medical journal youead, there's confilcting evidence in both a lot of broscience as well as science about it
Yes, it's mostly psychological. The physical part is cals in vs cals out

It's always nice to have a couple going friend :) and actually I'm just really fat. Don't you ever call me skinny. Never ever my man.

Thanks for clearing that up, appreciated!

Broke my fucking forearm like six weeks ago. 4 weeks in all pain is gone and i can move my arm freely without any Problems except for the usual stiffness.

However I lost like 4-5kg due to not eating and lifting and my former broken arm lost greatly in size, while I lost some mass overall as well.

How long could it take to get back to full strenght and even size when i start to lift again in a few days? Gonna take off 10-20kg depending on lift and gonna start from there again with 3500cal, creatine and high Protein.

What's a respectable weight to curl with DBs for 10? Assuming I can do 1234 on all the big compounds and weigh about 78kg.

does anyone have the picture with set to hypertrophy ratio?

I'm participating at my first 5km run on saturday, what/when should i be eating that day? Is/how much sugar and caffein pre run is helpful?

I'm exactly what you described, with a little higher number on OHP and I curl 15 kg DB's, that being said tho, I neglected biceps for the longest time, so I'd say 20 kg DB's?

This?

What kind of shoes do you guys wear for exercise? I do a lot of walking/standing and my shoes usually go to shit within 3-6 months. I also have minor foot problems so I need the soles to be pretty thick.

this but it was percentage of hypertrophy by number of set

That's only true for upper body though.
The peak for maximum muscle mass for legs is 20 reps.

I have shit retarded ratios
>BB curls 40kg 8rm
>OHP 75kg 1rm
>Bench 95kg 1rm
>Deadlift 190kg 1rm
>Squat ATG 120kg 1rm
blame the bench on shitty form and neglecting it and at one point I was unable to even do it at all cause elbow pain which I have since fixed alongside with my form and already added 10kg to my bench within few weeks

just two months ago I had ridiculously flat chest and pretty much same strength on OHP and bench but after realizing that my flat chest looks pretty bad I started working it a lot and it has started to get some shape

Is there any immediate benefit to picking weights or cardio before this weekend?

I normally trade off days between weights and cardio, if I went all in on one would I see any minor changes in looks for the next few days?

>2016
>not lifting in high heels

If you want both i can recommend doing 15 mins of running + allpro's butchered routine at least twice per week

no.

but there's a cumulative effect so there's no reason not to.

Went tubing 2 days and and worked a 5 hour shift doing hard labor yesterday, body aches, would ibuprofen kill my gains and is it okay to skip my workout today?

your tdee will actually reduce and you will get more appetite (leptin) unless you do carb refeeds / cheat meals, read Lyle McDonald

Body building says it will stop protein synthesis of you take NSAID.

yeah i read that too, will that effect me largely since I had such a tough couple of days. Those days im assuming my muscles got a good workout since they are sore

Greyskull LP's fatloss program Has things like

Monday
AM Fasted Walk
: 30-45 min
Press: 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Squat: 2 x 5, 1 x 5+

Does that mean that on monday all i need to do is Run before eating anything, do the 2 series of presses and squats? I'm a total beginner, yes.

I gained 27 pounds in a month with GOMAD (164 to 191). Can I eat at my current maintenance and still gain muscle? Or do I have to continue gaining weight to make actual gains? Will my lifts stall? I've been feeling like a god on GOMAD.

>is that what fasted walk means
yes, before you eat anything
>do you need to/should you do it
no. fasted exercise is a meme

>Can I eat at my current maintenance and still gain muscle?
not likely. I mean, you probably can but it'll take forever
>Or do I have to continue gaining weight to make actual gains?
pretty much
>Will my lifts stall?
yes
>I've been feeling like a god on GOMAD.
a surplus diet is amazing for strength gains.

What about the rest of the question? Are bench and squat everything i need to do on the monday for a beginner?

Thanks. I'll keep doing GOMAD all summer and see where I end up.

>do the 2 series of presses and squats?
no

2 sets of 5, then a 3rd set of as many reps as possible (AMRAP)

>Are bench and squat everything i need to do on the monday for a beginner?
its ok. idk much about greyskull but you can afford to do more like SS with a squat, press and pull rather than just squat and press.

but greyskull will suffice

AFAIK greyskull has you doing 2x6-8 weighted chins (or BW until you can do them weighted) every other day

Thanks, that's what I thought but can't leave any potential mires on the table

Damn I see. So much conflicting info srs

don't ever use the word rubbish on my board ever again

bout 35 pounds is respectable but by no means impressive

My calves are so beyond pathetic. I literally can't wear shorts since I'm so embarrassed by them..

Can someone PLEASE tell me it's possible to grow calves? What exercises should I incorporate?

I've been lifting for 4 months and i have been i a 5 day split, i read that when you are natty 5 day splits aren't the best option, so i started looking for a Pull/Push routine.
My question is, Should i start with an begginer routine or should i jump to and intermedite routine for the 4 months i've in the split?

I cut 6 kilo in 6 weeks without a problem, then it went to literal 0 progress for 2 weeks.
I added a refill day once a week and bam weight loss is back on pace.
This is my third time cutting and every single time my weight loss just stops after 4-6 weeks unless i add the refill day.
Its absolutely not psychological, i did not sneak in calories in the 2 weeks.
Its just 100% physically necessary for me.

t-nation.com/training/answer-for-massive-calves
worst case scenario you move really smoothly

started lifting like a month ago

After falling asleep I frequently wake up really horny in the middle of the night and have to jack off. This will sometimes happen even if I beat off the same day, but not as often.

Does this eventually go away?

went from 323 to 270 lbs and i still dont know how much protein i should be taking, right now i consume around 120 g of protein a day, is this enough or should i up it to 160-180? yes i do lift and do cardio 3 times a week

When doing curls, by how much and how often should I be adding weight?

5km run? Thats like half an hour at most.
Just get out of bed and you'll be fine.

ill never understand you people. How can you not know? You lost 50lbs doing something, dont you think it kind of works with 120 a day?
Ill tell you something, it probably works with 50 a day. or 20. or 0.

mainly because i see a lot of people posting that they eat up to 200g a day, but then again theres also people who say that you piss out the excess anyways, i just dont know what my cap is since i dont really know how much lean mass i have at 270lbs

Jesus christ, you fucked up. 27 pounds in one month. Even if you never picked up a weight before and were a 100% genetically gifted lifting prodigy, you might gain 2-3 pounds of pure muscle in a single month. That's it, and even then that's an extremely generous estimate (probably closer to 1-2 pounds of LMM). Congrats on putting on 25 pounds of fat in a single month.

Get off GOMAD immediately, read about how to properly diet, calculate tdee and set a bulking goal of +300-500 calories above your tdee.

I am genuinely praying I just got trolled, for your sake.

>you might gain 2-3 pounds of pure muscle in a single month.
lol, absolutely rubbish. you have never in your life seen this happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=tVPlPM0d7eQ

bretty good arguments in my opinion

All of the protein advice you see on fit is given with the assumption that you're lifting weights 3-6 times a week looking to build muscle mass, in which case you need 0.8g per pound of bodyweight. Keeping your protein at this high level is especially important while in a caloric deficit in order to avoid muscle atrophy. If your only goal is to drop bodyfat with no regard to strength or hypertrophy, it truly doesn't matter how much protein you eat, it only comes down to the caloric deficit you are in. This is the equivalence to most of the vapid dieting that women do. They cut calories with no regard to macro's because they aren't worried about muscle mass, the only objective being thin with a flat stomach.

Is pic related worth using?
Looks bretty good.

Agreed, I was trying to OVER state the absolute best case scenario. I was actually just watching IFBB Hall of Famer Kevin Levrone talk about how he was adding a pound of muscle every week as he trains for this years Olympia. This is someone who is obviously on massive amounts of steroids, has lifted for 25+ years, is on a professionally constructed diet and workout routine, and is considered a one in a million lotto winner as far as how fast he can add muscle.

Yet here on Veeky Forums we have anons gaining 25 pounds in a month and actually believing more than 1-2 pounds of that was actual muscle. Completely fucking retarded with plenty of published research out there to illustrate this.

How is ON compared to My Protein? Labdoor gives My Protein the best rating but I notice ON has BCAAS and shit. I don't care about taste since I buy unflavored anyway

>my gym has a dip belt
>spending july in another town and another gym
>other gym has no dip belt
How to do weighted pull ups w/o a belt?

Myprotein is like half the price of ON, not even exaggerating. The addition of BCAA's and any other supplemental ingredients apart from full protein sources (BCAA's are not considered full proteins, hence the lawsuits for amino spiking) are purely up to preference. I prefer to control my BCAA's via a separate standalone supplement (ON BCAA caps, actually) rather than lumped into my protein powders, but that's just me.

I'm 6' 5" and my bench fucking sucks, should I switch over to DB press? I'm 2 months in and all of my other lifts have improved drastically. My bench hasn't increased in any way since my first week. what do?

Wear a backpack with a dumbbell inside.

>How to do weighted pull ups w/o a belt?
Dumbbell between legs.
If you don't have adductors strong enough to hold on to a 135lbs dumbell, you shouldn't be doing weighted pull ups.

I'm a tall dude and to perform squats correctly i have to stand pretty wide (little over shoulder wide) and my feet and knees point outside in an almost 45° angle. Is that bad form or acceptable? I'm feeling good with this form, and i can't get really deep when standing closer with my feet. Some dude said to me my form is bad because i will train my inner quads rather than the whole quad. Thats broscience right?

Tried this, one of the shoulder straps ripped off.

Also tried this one. I can't find a good way to hold on to the dumbbell. Am I supposed to have it between my feet or thighs or what?

Nobody replied in the routine thread yet, so reposting. Could someone rate/critique this routine? It's based on the GSLP.

The Rows / Pulldowns alternate each workout, otherwise they're A & B.

AxBxAxx

A:
>Bench Press 2x5, 1x5+
>Barbell Row / Lat Pulldown 2x5, 1x5+
>Squat 2x5, 1x5+
>Spider Curls 2x10, 1x10+
>Myotatic Crunches 2x10, 1x10+
>Cat Vomit 1x10

B:
>Behind the Neck Press 2x5, 1x5+
>Barbell Row / Lat Pulldown 2x5, 1x5+
>Deadlift 1x5+
>Incline Hammer Curls 2x10, 1x10+
>Myotatic Crunches 2x10, 1x10+
>Cat Vomit 1x10

for pressing weight overhead, are dumbbells biologically easier on your shoulders than barbells?

i've read a lot of people switch to dumbbels to solve shoulder problems but is it just broscience?

Yes you'll turn gay around the 6th month and will only jack off the jacked men

Cool thanks. My Protein it is

Dumbbell between thighs (or calves if you're not dyel)

This sounds so fucking pretentious. You better look like zyzz or be ripped, otherwise you should honestly kill yourself. Just eat the food you dumb meathead.

Answering a question someone asked by pointing out the ingredients in different protein powders triggers you to the point of thinking someone is pretentious? Really? It's just reading nutritional labels, doing the research as to what each ingredient is actually contributing, and deciding how to fit those nutrient sources into your diet and lifestyle.

$$ cost is an important factor to a lot of fitizens, so knowing how they can reap the same benefits of a "all-in-one" supplement (preworkouts are another great example) versus being selective with their supplementation is useful information.

But I'm sure you considered all of this before spouting off.

Posted in the dying thread, reposting here for new opinions.

So this ones a little complicated, just looking for general opinion.

Stats: 6 foot tall male.
Current weight: 135 lb
Goal body: pic related

I started cutting in January, and cut down from 183. I feel great, best I've ever looked, etc.

Eventually, I got into a routine that works for me and heres what I do near every day:

Average BMR: ~1600
Average TDEE: ~1900 without factoring in exercise

IF at 6 on 18 off.
Two meals and a snack in that six hours.
Fasting Cardio (HIIT, Bodyweight, Plyo, Cardio, Calisthenics) 6-8 hours after last calorie.

Ending Day Macros:
Calories: 700-750
Protein: 36 grams
Carbs: 129 grams
Fat: 3 grams
Sugar: 73 grams

So, near the middle of the day recently, I've been getting pretty hungry. Don't know why all of a sudden, but I am. Might be the suagr buzz from the sugar I put in my coffee in the morning. Been thinking about switching to stevia but thats another story. Figured it might be good to add some extra protein in there, especially on days I'm doing a bodyweight heavy routine.

So, what do you guys think? Here are my options:

1. Protein scoop in water. 110 calories 26 grams protein. It tastes fine, but I finish it so quick it doesnt feel substantial.

2. Can of tuna. 120 calories 13 grams of protein. Not as much bang for my buck but I fucking love tuna. Put some hot sauce on it, I can eat it right out of the can.

3. An Egg. 70 calories, 6 grams of protein. More even but two is basically the same as tuna. Like eggs fine, but when I was fat I could put away 6 of them at a time so it always feels wierd eating just one or two.

4. Something I haven't even thought of. I eat chicken breast for dinner so I dont wanna eat that twice in one day.

Recommendations? Do I even need it? Should I go with veggies instead?

Alright I'm sorry, I went a little too hard. I agree that cost is very important. But I find it stupid to put so much effort into supplements instead of real food.

You can't notice the effect of drinking brand X whey compared to brand Y whey. Having that discussion implies that you need a certain amount of protein per day to grow, which is another pseudoscience in it self. So why have the discussion? That's why I think it's pretentious.

No love lost homie. Agreed, if people invested even half the time they pour into deciding which creatine, pre-workout, protein powder, multivitamin, the list goes on and on, into their food-based diet they would 99% of the time get far greater results. It's easy to lose sight that all of that shit is a SUPPLEMENT to a good food-based diet, all the other shit that comes in bottles will contribute maybe 5% benefit in long term gains.

Seems like every new lifters first questions are along the lines of: "So, what supplements should I be using? I heard creatine is GOAT???? Is ECA stack good for cutting??"

pay attn to your bodyfat, if you are 20+% go to half gomad

read the book

I do IF as well. Great choice my friend.
I'll give you an example of what I eat on a regular lifting day.

22-16 Fasting (18 hr)
16-22 Feeding (6 hr)

I eat 1-3 meals. All my meals have in common is:
ATLEAST 50% of my plate consists of sallad.
25-30% protein. Chicken, ham, tuna, soy, eggs. Whichever I feel for that day.
20-25% fats. Olives, cheese, eggs etc.

I noticed that switching out pasta, rice, potatoes for sallad, gave me much more satiety. I had a hard time getting all my cals this way so I just upped that fats.

Probably eat about 1800-1900 kcal a day while cutting (6'3, 235 lbs)

Carbs: 50 g (200 kcal)
Protein: 150 g (600 kcal)
Fats: 120 g (1080 kcal

Yeah, day one supplement questions are so stupid. When someone ask you that, you know they've no idea about anything related to training and will probably never make it.

I have a shitty elbow that's holding back my bench and weighted dip.
My bench is stuck at 185x5 and dip is 40x5.
It doesn't bother me for any other exercise.

What can I replace dip or bench with that would be easier on a bad elbow?

I'm quitting leg days. I'm just going to focus on upper body in order to reach ottermode. Should I give myself two days to rest after a full upper-body workout, and then do the same workout routine every 3 days?

Holy fucking shit, i never knew how hard squats and deadlifts actually were.

I did SL for 3 months and skipped on those because i was a huge faggot/scared of reaching T-rex mode, since i'm a skinnyfat with twig arms and my fat distribution goes mostly on my hips and thighs. I've built a slightly better upper body, and now i want to get rid of my flabby legs.

So, i've got a few questions for you, Veeky Forums:

- I'm a poorfag who lifts at home, i don't have a squat rack, i've been doing Zercher squats instead. Are those a good replacement for regular squats?
- I've replaced OHP with dumbbell shoulder presses, because i injured my clavicle as a kid and i have shoulder imbalances. Should i work these at a 5x5 fashion, or 3x8-12? Should i also incorporate lateral raises somehow, to compensate the lack of OHP?
- I used to do dips and chin ups before, but now that i've added squats and deadlifts back in, i'm usually tired as fuck for after my final compound. How/when should i add them back?
- SL tells you to perform barbell rows, but after i reached a certain weight, it hurts my lower back and no form fix solved that problem. Any substitutes for this lift?

Fffuck mates, i've been missing a lot of fun skimping out on squats and deadlifts.

>did SL for 3 months and skipped on those
you basically did 1 exercise 3x/week for 3 months...?

Quitting legs is a bad idea, and not for the obvious reason of looking like you skip leg day. I would highly advise you read up on the hormonal response to working legs (increase in free test that will contribute to ALL muscle groups gains). Additionally for every ounce of muscle mass you are carrying, you raise your resting BMR, meaning you can afford to eat more calories without them going to fat. If you intentionally cut off half of your bodies mass potential you are handicapping a massive portion of this opportunity seeing as you can only add so much muscle mass to the upper body alone.

If optimal resting time for your muscles is 2 days, why does SS have you doing everything but squats every 4 days?

Since I starting being Veeky Forums I've been out of work but I'm picking up my construction job again.

I'm on a 2000cal cut, how do I add all the extra calories burned into this.

What can I make for lunch to make a day of climbing sets of stairs the best.

I'm not good at life, hold my hand.

i can't decide whether to get powerblock u90s or just some spinlocks handles and plates for dumbbells

spinlocks are obviously much cheaper but i really like how self contained the blocks are. and there's no bar protrusion at the end

i wouldn't plan on using either past 90lbs. from there i'd probably get individual hex pairs

are there any other downsides to going with spinlocks?

Most accurate TDEE calc? It's important because I'm only doing a meager 150kcal surplus bulk, any small inaccuracy could be significant. Many of the different ones I've used give me different results

Why only 150?

1lb/month of muscle. I guess I could do 200-300. 6 months in training, took about a month off a little while ago. Can I still gain 2lb of muscle a month? hungry skeletor

stop fucking cutting

you probably have severe BD because 6ft 135 is approaching ultra-auschwitz mode. you won't look like your goal if you have no muscle on you