Yeah baby! What's your BMI?

Yeah baby! What's your BMI?

Any advice for me? (I'm male, btw)

nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

naturalphysiques.com/28/fat-free-mass-index-ffmi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you are fit, you should be "overweight" according to the BMI as muscle is much denser that fat.

OP is a skinny skeltal

I used to run ~5km 3 times a week, but not quite as much lately. I'm on my feet all day at work too. 'tis also hard to get weight back being poor as shit

Would be pretty cool to be so swole I'm in the overweight range I guess. 90kg for someone my height really shouldnt be that high though. Normies are pathetic.

3 excuses in 3 sentences. Do you even wanna make it?

I haven't stepped on a scale in years. It's a horribly inaccurate method to measure fitness/health unless you're a whale. I use a tape measure to make sure I'm staying the same. I'm 34-25-36 last time I checked

I would like to put on a little more weight in muscle. Anything but fat. I never, ever want to be fat. I'd rather be far from it

muscle is almost as dense as fat.
BMI thinks it's all fat though, that's why you get overweight

Hi Mr Skelly

According to this, I'm officially "normal", at 24.9 exactly. Feelsgood to be an ex-fatty finally.

Skelly

Just weighed myself :'(

if you're low BF "overweight" on the BMI scale is misleading as fuck.

I hope this thread is bait.
I refuse to believe someone regularly browses fit and is stupid enough to think BMI is applicable to individuals instead of populations or it's inherent flaws

Bulk is in full swing, not stopping untill I maintain 242 lbs for at least three months - that is three months were my morning weight is stable and not lower than 242.

Almost there. The hour after cardio sucks balls, since I sweat so much I leave puddles, but the size and strength gains are worth it.

No, it's exactly what it says - your weight is over the norm.

If you're low bodyfat, then "obese" is misleading.
But if you actually want to be big, you should aim to be obese at single digit bodyfat.

28 here, nearing obese after 5 years lifting
BMI sure makes sense

When did 25 become normal weight?
I thought 15-20 was normal.

135lbs at 5'10"? Do you live in Africa or something. I'm 6 foot and 220lbs well into obese on the bmi scale

no, 25 is overweight.
15 was never normal outside of some parts of east asia.

Even my chinese circumference measuring tape with a little BMI wheel has runes that say 18.5 - 24 is normal weight.
It's cute as fuck, since it has a red warning message over 80cm and goes up to 150cm, since no human being needs more than that.

Daily reminder that pic related is overweight according to BMI

nvm I was thinking body fat, sorry I'm very slow right now from quitting smokes.
brain no work right make fun fun words

natty limit is ~27bmi at 11%bf according to
naturalphysiques.com/28/fat-free-mass-index-ffmi

I was at 17.5 six months ago and now I'm 20.2
>strict regimen of eating every two hours

17 mustard race reporting in.
Care to post your diet/workout plan?

Went from fatty at 81 kgs. in the start of February though

I workout at home, almost all bodyweight: dead-stop explosive push-ups; explosive squats (making sure I'm not swinging my bodyweight on the way up or "bouncing" on the way down); putting my hands palm down on the banister or on a window-sill and lifting my weight up onto my arms - then after a while of doing that I started lifting my back up at the same time (keeping it straight), and then pushing up and down with my arms; explosive dips on the stairs; hanging leg raises, bodyweight shrugs and other movements using the two sides of the bathtub;.and finally a sort of one-legged bodyweight deadlift variation I use to target glutes. On top of that I have done front squat, deads and ohp when I've been able to find something heavy and the right shape, but it's been almost all bw.

That has built my upper back, shoulders, arms, chest and lats. I haven't found satisfying low-rep exercises for legs and core so I'm a little imbalanced - although as I've spent more time on squats recently my legs seem to have added mass.

I spent two years or so reading old bb.com threads, reading articles, watching youtube videos - so I used that information to navigate through without a routine and it might not work as well for someone else to take the same approach if they don't have time to do the research.

diet is high-protein, wholefoods, high-calorie wherever I can - I use packaged fruit smoothies for liquid calories (which I hear don't lead to you eating less like extra solid food calories can do). I think one key for me has been having convenient meals to make because I often don't feel like cooking, so when I started trying to add mass I ate in a non-typical way for me: packaged foods ("healthy" lentil soup, tinned chickpea dahl, paleo cereal), milk, bread. I wouldn't eat any of those if I had a choice but to add mass I went out of my way. The other helpful things are cashews, pistachios and peanuts (peanuts, raisins and cottage cheese is an easy 600cal meal/snack).

Ayy

[edited for brevity]
almost all bodyweight exercises done explosively, improvising with what I have around the house (banister, bath-tub etc.)

diet is high-protein, whole-foods and high caloric density wherever I'm able.

helpful strategies I've learned to help with eating more are: fruit smoothies and maybe milk for liquid calories (which supposedly aren't "accounted for", meaning you don't eat less overall if your extra cals are in liquid form); nuts (peanuts, cashews, pistachios) half a little bag of cashews is 500 cal and it's easy to have that as a snack, and peanuts, raisins and cottage cheese is easily 600cal; lastly eating every two hours, at least until you're into the habit.

>muscle is almost as dense as fat
nigga, you're almost as dense as muscle

got measured at the gym last week to be 24.6 BMI but 9% body fat

6'1" 183lbs

send help

Why do you wear your underwear that low

:)

why would you lie on the internet

if only

well start walking and stop drinking your calories, bbgirl

:c

near the end of 2015 was 53KG