If you had to choose, which three philosophers would you consider the most essential?

If you had to choose, which three philosophers would you consider the most essential?

Augustine
Aquinas
Swinburne

Jordan Peterson
Joe Rogan
Ben Shapiro

Ayn Rand
Zizek
Diogenes

Plato
Cicero
Epictetus

Aristotle
Descartes
Marx

Hobbes, Hume, and Shen Buhai or some other legalist.

Buddha
Confucius
Laozi

Jesus
Aristotle
Me

I think the importance of philosophers is only relative to their time - so this is the right answer.

John Green
Antia Sarkeesian
rupi kaur

Amen.

Three?

Obviously Plato and Aristotle are going to be there, because they lay down the best metaphysical and theological foundation ever created, accompanied by excellent ethical works. Beyond that... the Chinese have superior practical texts in certain fields, but they are spread across a number of authors and present in amalgamations like the Guanzi. I guess I would say XunZi if I could literally only add one more person to the list.

So,

Plato
Aristotle
XunZi

But more realistically the literal height of philosophy and politics is:

Classical Platonists & Classical Confucians and Legalists.

Ludwig Von Mises
Jiddu Krishnamurti
Me

Veeky Forums pls go
and take h*manities with you

Plato
St. Thomas Aquinas
Zhu Xi

Aristotle
Kant
Friedrich Hayek

Hobbes
Nietzsche
Camus

Theodor Adorno
Walter Benjamin
Antonio Gramsci

Hitler
Mussolini
Evola

Hume
Marx
Kierkegaard

>Mountain Dew
>Royal Crown
>Tab
ftfy

>Kierkegaard
read neetchee you sklaven faggot

why does he have a cuck face?

Marxnietzschefreud

Abhinavagupta
Heraclitus
Merleau-Ponty

Ben Shapiro would be legit if he wasn't such a mic-dropping faggot

MP over Heidegger?

is this bait

I think he's doing important things for free speech, but he undermines himself when, instead of facilitating the sort of open dialogue he claims to support, he is more interested in shutting people down in as few words as possible. I like him, but he's too negative for me. I prefer Milo who can tend to do the same thing but does it when it's more necessary, and at least he is more receptive to opposing opinions and willing to find common ground

Plato
Aristotle
Kant

Sargon of Akkad
Stefan Molyneux
Ben Shapiro
I could only choose three, but their are obviously loads more!