God dammit Veeky Forums my fucking shoulder wont stop pop/click/thunking

God dammit Veeky Forums my fucking shoulder wont stop pop/click/thunking.

I think its resulting from poor bench form, and I've corrected my form but no matter what I do, when I go heavy, I can NOT for the fuckin' life of me find the right way to move that doesnt cause impingement.

Am I still fucking up or do I need to just lay off anything with shoulder movement for a month until my tendon or whatever chills out? I've been fighting this for like 3 months now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=02HdChcpyBs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYJItELkDM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bumping because I suffer from the same problem.

same here bratski

Bumping for my knee clicking. It;s started doing it going down stairs now. ie it has gotten worse.

As long as it doesn't hurt you're fine. My elbows pop all the time. Ppl next to me probably think theres something wrong with me lmao

Do more pulling/rowing motions and lay off pushing benching heavy for a few weeks.

>TFW shoulder hurts when rowing/pulling

Keep your arms close to your body when benching I had the same issue with my shoulders and its a lot better now

Then it's time to go baka to basics, baka. Google "shoulder mobility", get a routine, and stick to it.

op here my knee clicks down down stairs too. doesnt hurt tho *shrug*

it does hurt though, its like a mild soreness after i work out. lasts about 2 days, so i'm perpetually sore

arms close? like, elbows closer to waist? that doesnt sound right. also, i think my tendon is inflamed and every time i impinge it when going heavy, I re-piss it off. I actually am not sure if there is a way to bench, at all, once its inflamed that doesnt *keep* it inflamed.

same ive been dealing with this for so long

bump for help. apparently this is an epidemic.

look you need to both keep the inflammation down in the shoulder joint and strengthen the rotator cuff and deltoid

800mg Advil 2-3 times daily for 5 days
take with food or protein shake
absolutely 0 gym time during this time
give the joint time to rest and heal any damage you've already caused

for lifts
keep elbows in during bench press and retract shoulder blades to support the shoulder joint
avoid incline bench press for now and incline dumbbell press
avoid sitting dumbbell press

look up rotator cuff warm up exercises using rubber bands
do them light and controlled, proper form is a must.
don't do them every day, just on days you use the shoulder

do lateral raises, 5-10 pounds, 10-12 reps, controlled movement, don't raise it too high

look up proper form of standing overhead press, biggest thing is to shrug your shoulders during the movement, this provides space for the suprispinatus tendon

work chest and do lateral raises on the same day

if you want to overhead press, do it on back day

3-4 days rest then do chest
3-4 days rest then do back
repeat
take it slow and u can see gains

had the same problem until I learned to stretch/warm up properly.
always make sure to do a 5-10min warm up before I try to do any exercise involving my shoulders.
youtube.com/watch?v=02HdChcpyBs
probably my favorite one to do (but with a resistance band). definitely feel your shoulders open up,

also slow/smooth reps on your sets

yes that was I was exactly talking about, do external rotations before and then do these with resistance bands, this fixed my shoulder issues, now I overhead press 135 for 4 reps

Any advice you get here is baseless because we can't assess your shoulder online.

Stop benching and see a physiotherapist.

its not baseless its just not person-with-a-doctorate-in-physiotherapy-tier quality

I thought that too and a year later the same pops started to hurt

that girl in the middle... brehs

Does it hurt? Look up runners knee, patella femoral pain syndrome, and chondromalacia

I had to get microfracture surgery. All better now

Dead hang from a pull up bar pre and post workout for one minute total each

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qtYJItELkDM
Same guy who made limber 11

>*shrug*

ask me how I know you're a massive faggot