I usually squat without any protection pad on the bar...

I usually squat without any protection pad on the bar. Yesterday a guy came over to me and said I will injure my spine if I keep doing that.

I was kind of annoyed because unsoliticed advice sucks and I told him that as long as I don't feel pain while doing it I will keep on not using any pad.

Now I am kind of insecure. Is it true that my spine can be injured? He said that it can happen even at lower weights but I didn't believe him.

I don't know if my stats matter. I am female 5'2 and weigh 110 lbs. I squatted 30 kg (66 lbs?). Can it actually injure females more because we have less muscels on the back to protect the bones?

Thanks for the help

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Uqm32DuyvLg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not if your placing it properly on your traps/ rear delts. If you put it on your neck like an idiot yes. Also that guy was probably just a pussy

Using a pussy pad on a squat bar is more dangerous than not using one. Guy who told you that is a str8 up queerbait

I am always mindful to place them on the traps and not on my neck. If I still feel the pressure on like one part of my spine, am I doing it wrong?

The guy was kind of strange.

Don't use the fucking pussy pad.

Its not supposed to be comfortable but if it down right painful something is wrong.

If you put it directly on the top of your neck you would know, trust me. It would feel awkward and probably painful. You feel pressure on your spine because you have however many pounds resting on your back.

No it isn't painful but a bit uncomfortable. So I think that is okay.

Yeah I guess that's what I figured. Fuck men.

stop doing that. I am the OP and would never say fuck men.

You're right. OP here.

I meant to say "fuck WHITE men".

Why not use the pussy pad? It's comfy

Obviously you can't do it now after telling him off like that

I didn't tell him off? I just said that I think that it isn't dangerous. I don't care about what others think of me but if it would really put me at risk I would use it.

That's why I came here to ask and I got my answer, so I am out. Thanks for the help

retard

Of fucking course a woman would come to Veeky Forums and ask this stupid fucking question. Fuck off.

That's too high even for high bar

That will roll straight to his neck when he his the hole

Remove the pad. You won't need it unless you're squatting a million pounds or if you're racking the bar on your back correctly

Back to /r9k/ captain autismo

youtu.be/Uqm32DuyvLg

Here you go. Women under 110lbs squatting heavier than a lot of losers on fit.

>pandering to retards

Worst that will happen is you bruise/callous/break some skin

/Thread

I think you should have a long hard look at the catalog, son. And stop frogposting whilst you are at it. Maybe go back to your homeboard. Or /reddit/

You wouldn't know high bar if it were shoved into your hole, meme man

As long as you're not looking straight up while you're squatting, you'll be fine.

ur fat bruv, ur sweaty bruv, u cant hold a bar on top of ur traps cuz its too slick cuz ur a fat sweaty cunt bruv,

>/threading your own post

it sure is summer

Using the pussy pad dangerous because it makes it more difficult to keep the bar over mid-foot.
If you have the barbell placed wrong without the pad you'll feel it, but with the pad you won't feel it so you'll keep squatting with a poor bar placement which can mess up your form and hurt you.

I'm Brian btw

>too high for high bar
you are the literal worst trip on this board

The tournament has begun...

just look up some powerlifting videos of people squating over 300kg
do you squat 300kg? didn't think so, pussy

You don't know what the fuck you're on about

Just cos the only way you barely break parallel is leaning forward hugely like a mong doesnt mean other people can't squat properly

>Highbar
>Leaning forward enough to make the bar roll forward

Fucking idiot

holy shit

c'est la vie, trips. c'est la vie.

It's more of an issue with highbar squatting.

If you low bar, your contact point is a shelf of bone, and the skin doesnt even get full vertical pressure from it.

He didn't know the first thing about lifting but wanted an excuse to talk to a grill at the the gym.

>squatted 30 kg
Count the bar retard

No, your spine will be fine. It's important to realize that the majority of random, unsolicited advice you receive from strangers at the gym is not just wrong, but the exact opposite of the truth. This is an important lesson to keep in mind moving forward. All in all, it's better not to use the pad, so just keep doing what you're doing.

>Implying OP doesn't use the Smith

tell us more about this guy, sounds like a good gym cringe story