TFW coiners can't point to a business that has had success with funny money

>TFW coiners can't point to a business that has had success with funny money.
>TFW people want crypto to be a currency AND an asset at the same time.
>TFW no one spends it.
>TFW it deflates TO THE MOON!
Why are people taking this stuff seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

pwc.com/us/en/financial-services/fintech/blockchain.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only "serious" coin is bitcoin

The other ones are just bullshit that, over the long term, are all pump and dumps

Nice just shorted 100k

All of the merchant services are going for Bitcoin, so that makes sense.

>...but it's like an IRA!

>TFW it deflates TO THE MOON!
Did you mean inflate? Because going to the moon is literally deflation.

>mfw nocoiners will be wageslaving until automation displaces them and makes them have to compete in a jobs market with low IQ unskilled uneductaed 3rd world shitskins
>mfw I'll be in my mansion on my fat ass getting a blowjob off a 10/10

>Did you mean inflate?
No. If it deflates, why spend it when it's in the moon phase... or ever?

I take it seriously because I'm up 30x since I started trading last year. I take it seriously because I've cashed out about half of those gains, and that money is sitting in my brokerage account right now. My gains are real. The USD I cashed out is real.

If by funny money you mean I'm laughing at you dumb no-coiners

People do spend crypto though, only when they need to. You sound like you believe spending is more intelligent than saving.

>tfw i dont give a shit as long as im multiplying my money on a weekly basis

>I take it seriously because I'm up 30x since I started trading last year.
That's nice.

>You sound like you believe spending is more intelligent than saving.
It is if you want businesses to take it.

>implying businesses wont want to be paid in something that gets more valuable over time
Wew

>Tfw you dont realize USD is Funny Munny

...except when it drops like a rock.

>TFW everyone takes USD tho.

Like the USD has every year consistently

bitcoin pretty much single handedly saved amd from becoming irrelevant

They don't buy anything from AMD with coins, though.

Again, is it an asset or a currency?

>I lose more money by spending a dollar when it's worth a lot than by spending a dollar when it's worth a little, so I only spend my money when it's worthless

All crypto coins are worthless yet people spend real dollars on them.

Reason? Because the dollar is really what is worthless.

>Reason? Because the dollar is really what is worthless.
Is it, though? The dollar dindu nuffin.

>>TFW coiners can't point to a business that has had success with funny money.
Coinbase
/thread

O RLY? Do tell.

OP is actually right though
now we have thousands of shitcoins
>hurr decentralized network blockchain change the world,
if every fucking website/service has its own tokens then it's all pointless
why would pepole want to get paid in some scam coins instead of bitcoin?

bitcoin is motherfucking king and only a few altcoins will survive
if something doesn't have a working product/is not used other than speculation then it's fucking worthless

Oh, wait. That's just for coin traders that get raided by the IRS.

>>TFW coiners can't point to a business that has had success with funny money.

pwc.com/us/en/financial-services/fintech/blockchain.html

Now fuck off

>why would pepole want to get paid in some scam coins instead of bitcoin?
You made a good point, but I'm skeptical about Bitcoin, too. Why would I want my company to get paid in that?

because
>no inflation
>quick transfers (especially international with some ridiculous fees)
etc

cryptourrency should be a currency not a fucking do-it-all magical token, even if there are some better pure-currency cryptos out there right now, bitcoin has a gigantic advantage of the firs mover and will catch up with technology over time

>cryptourrency should be a currency not a fucking do-it-all magical token,
Right. That's one of the things that compelled me to investigate it in the first place.

>fractional reserve lending and credit bubbles and so much debt it has a nearly negative value
>dindu nuffin

except gambling platforms

We haven't been on the gold standard since you voted for Nixon, pops.
Most of our nation's wealth is only represented by numbers on a screen. Remember what happened in Greece? Multiply that by 100 to take a look into America's future.
>TFW Bitcoin has more in common with gold than any fiat money.

>We haven't been on the gold standard since you voted for Nixon, pops.
I'm not that old, my dude.

Coinbase, Gemini, Bittrex, Polo

They make more money in a week than you make in 10 years.

So why not buy physical gold then?

That's an interesting question.

At the very least, you can use gold to make jewelry, which will get you pussy.

>Inb4 this is Veeky Forums. No one gets poon here.

1 BTC or 100 BTC stored take up the same amount of space. Same cannot be said about physical gold. There is potential for theft with physical gold. Though hardware wallets can be stolen but are useless to the thief without the seed and private key.
Gold is more difficult to transport. To be physically exchanged, must travel long distances or be done locally. Bitcoin in any amount can be sent across the world and have 6 confirmations from the network within 30 minutes.
I like commodities too, I'm not 100% all in on crypto for investing. But it's very easy to see its use in the future. There is a bubble lurking in alt coins for sure. BTC is king at the moment.

this
ride the altcoins trains before it crashes but make sure you get back on the bitcoin train in time

While I agree about portability, I worry less about security with metals than I do with crypto. At least with physical pms I can see the security. With crypto I have to worry about all manner of other shit (is the exchange secure, am I being keylogged by malware, etc., etc.).

You do bring up a great point in your original post regarding cryptos being assets and currency at the same time. In the rare case of Bitcoin, it can be both. Though some would argue that the growing congestion on the network will make it more of an asset in the future, it is slowly becoming less and less useful as currency. Other cryptos aim to solve this and we have some right now that are lightning fast with low fees (Litecoin for one)

I think the next big wave of cryptos will be coins focused on being assets and made for long term holding rather than being the best currency. These from the start will be hard to mine with low circulating amounts of coins, with high market caps.

>I think the next big wave of cryptos will be coins focused on being assets and made for long term holding rather than being the best currency. These from the start will be hard to mine with low circulating amounts of coins, with high market caps.
if there is many of them what would make them valuable? you can create 1000 of store-of-value type of coins, bitcoin at least has the first mover advantage and people are not that stupid to invest in useless shit

another day another, stupid nocoiner thread

when will they learn?

>when will they learn?
When will you present evidence?

This is like the dot com era. There were a shit ton of sites. Most of them worthless in the long run. A few of them ended up hallmarks and worth hundreds of billions.

Krypto would follow a similar path. 95% of them will die, 4% with be of some value, 1% would be huge companies.

This

It's very cumbersome. Cannot be easily moved if you have a good amount of value in it. Always in danger of losing it to theft or a natural disaster.

But for me main point is the ease of transport.

>ke the dot com era. There were a shit ton of sites. Most of them worthless in the long run. A few of them ended up hallmarks and worth hundreds of billions.
>Krypto would follow a similar path. 95% of them will die, 4% with be of some value, 1% would be huge companies.

Huge companies doing what exactly?

This is the issue that remains to be solved. The promising thing for the future here is cryptos beginning to collaborate with powerhouses in the industry. See ChainLink + SWIFT for oneexample. If a great team presented a well thought out coin to a Fidelity, Charles Schwab, etc. then there could be huge success. But I don't think a coin like this can be successful without the help of investment firms like those.

>Huge companies doing what exactly?
Trading coins, I guess.

Which is understandable, I had these concerns for a while before jumping in. Hard to solve the problem of trusting exchanges, I just try to diversify. Even if my favorite exchange has all 10 alts I want to invest in, I would rather use 3 exchanges with 3/4 alts on each than storing it all on one exchange.
But aside from that, hardware wallets (Trezor, KeepKey, Ledger) solve most of the other issues with security.

>Trading coins, I guess.

You're joking, but that's a real use. Let me explain, with proper regulation ICO's or similar could replace investing through stocks into real companies and start-ups.

Stocks and stock exchanges are some of the most inefficient relics we still have today. NASDAQ has working hours, in the global world and economy of today it actually isn't open 24/7. That's rediculus if you consider it.

Don't kid yourself. I am not arguing that the blockchain would be used for the P&D kind of scamcoins we have around today. Seriously look up the dot com bubble, it was very similar. with most of the companies not having a product nor a business model but were P&Ds.

>You're joking, but that's a real use.
I know. I want to investigate uses outside of the trading market, though, mostly because of how coiners like to say that more businesses should accept it.

It's going to be centered around some kind of token exchange, I believe. After all the blockchain was designed for an e-currency, and that is where it shines. Not saying it's going to be as big as the internet just take a similar trajectory.

>f scamcoins we have around today. Seriously look up the dot com bubble, it was very similar. with most of the companies not having a product nor a business model but were P&Ds.

It's pretty easy to wrap one's head around why blockchain is an important technology and how companies or governments could do a lot with it, but it seems absurd that some disembodied bit of code backed by nothing but speculation could have any real and lasting value.

I can see how it happened, bitcoins were useful for buying drugs online and at first people weren't super concerned about their lasting value so long as they were a convenient medium of exchange, which in that case they were, so they went up and speculators started piling in. Now it seems like speculators make up >99% of the market and are relying on the continued existence of greater fools more than anything else.

I'm open to being wrong on this but I've always had a very hard time wrapping my head around it.

>The only serious currency is the dollar all the other ones are PnD schemes
That's how fucking retarded you sound.

>Now it seems like speculators make up >99% of the market and are relying on the continued existence of greater fools more than anything else.

Something like that, but many people are holding bitcoin as a venue of long term investment. Well, long term for crypto.

forget about crypto, look around, we're too far gone down that path. People are buying land, stocks, apartments, gold, oil whatever as they are looking for places to invest. You could say that most of the western world is in a housing bubble. House prices in cities are exaggerated as fuck, they are not worth the labor or the proximity to central locations. The entire western world is living in a bubble that has been going on for a hundred years.

Look at how much money is made through "work" that produces nothing at all. Read about financial packages so convoluted that you can hardly understand what they mean at all, yet still are sold for money.

Bitcoin is the next step in that. How can you rely on gold prices? Why wouldn't it plummet in the next year by 50%? It could. Bitcoin is similar, it's about trust, trust that has been earned.

By the way, happy for the discussion, though I am mostly rambling. I just don't think you can go with 100% certainty into things anyway. Yes there is a chance that the entire thing will flop, who the fuck knows. But I think we're too far down the road for that to happen no.

Unless some cataclysm hits us hard enough.

Yes, fair enough. I legitimately think in a sane world the idea of cryptocurrencies would be too laughable to ever gain traction, but it's pretty obvious that we don't live in a sane world and they have gained traction, so maybe they do have a future.

I get a bj everyday and have less than one dollar net worth

I have all this money from inheritance and I have no idea how to invest any of it. I don't wanna just let it sit there on it's stagnant positions forever but it feels like everyone's out to get me on as a beginning investor in anything.

Sometimes I feel like taking my Dad's advice and just avoiding everything.

>Sometimes I feel like taking my Dad's advice and just avoiding everything.
Start a business, but don't take Bitcoin... unless someone can present evidence that you should.

I wanted to get into stocks but my Dad told me to avoid day trading, and I don't even know what business I'd start.

I wonder what's next if this bubble economy truly bursts.

>avoid day trading
You do realize that you can invest without being a day trader, right?

And don't just blindly listen to what your dad, or anyone else says. Take things into careful consideration, yes, but learn to think for yourself and do your own research.

Most people get fucked on day trading, even smart people. Try it if you want to but realize that it's essentially gambling and don't get sucked in too far.

If you don't have any particular business ideas and don't want to get into the rental game, then just put most of it into either ETFs or mutual funds (or both) and play with a little on the side if that interests you.

Well I don't know too much about stocks, I'm trying to learn how to read and predict the graphs better, but it's still difficult to know where to buy in and how much. With Robinhood so far I've invested literal chump change and got chump change gains back but I still feel like I haven't learned anything from any of it.