/plg/

powerliftinggeneral.com/

youtube.com/user/powerliftingtv/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/channel/UCTrO2LlCWR_LDQ4gc2vbOPw
thebrexitplan.com
theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/may/23/does-the-eu-really-cost-the-uk-350m-a-week
youtu.be/J45S48UomvY?t=14s
youtube.com/watch?v=C2JxZp0lq5M&index=2&list=PLaYmUt45fjso6JZEr24_1dJmRA6ZRaKYo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's not a deadlift.

What's your opinion on GZCL's J&T as an offseason program?
I need a good amount of hypertrophy work and plan on running J&T starting this September.

"The IPF has been less than ballsy about such things. Like the first time the guy did a sumo deadlift, they should have had a meeting. THAT DAY. " - Mark Rippetoe

>GZCL's J&T as an offseason program

Despite CL being "not quite natty", I think his programming is solid for guys that want more hypertrophy in their programming.

He gives a lot of videos and general support on modifying the programming, which is nice.

My brother (17 years old) ran it and saw tremendous gains in muscle mass, and dropped some bodyfat. His lifts went up too, but at his numbers (330/210/415) almost anything he does will make the big 3 move.

What body proportions are better suited for sumo style? I'm struggling with deadlifts now and might try switching over

Yes because standing with your shins in direct contact with s one inch bar raised several inches off the ground and placing your hands outside of your shins to grab it is the true test of strength and is far more applicable to everyday tasks compared to straddling the same bar.

Thanks,I'm not strong either (150/85/150 64bw) so I'm sure I'll make good gains.
He is also releasing J&T 2.0 next week.
>He gives a lot of videos and general support on modifying the programming, which is nice.
This means so fucking much to me.I'll probably try standard GZCL programming after J&T because I can try tailor it to my needs without being completely lost.

>He is also releasing J&T 2.0 next week.
I'm excited to see what he releases. Even though I don't run his programming, I like his passion for what he puts out.

>I'll probably try standard GZCL programming after J&T because I can try tailor it to my needs without being completely lost.
Go get it, holmes. There are plenty of success stories/training logs from guys that ran GZCL that came out of it thicker, stronger, and excited to modify their programming.

God speed.

Just got back after a 4 hour walk
Feels ok

I stooped by an old fashioned sweet shop which had American candies.
I bought some Mike and Ikes

Is this popular in America? I've never wanted to throw up from sweets until now,

Isley they sell guns at Walmart

Do people eat Mike and ikes?

I've never had food worse than this in my life
Tasted like bathroom cleaner and bleach

Have you ever seen rural king? That place is scary.

Black licorice isn't something most people like.
But I like it.
Idk what that is but if you're referring to guns being scary you're uninvited to Midwest meet up 2k16.

It's like Walmart for rednecks. The one I saw was in rural Tennessee. I think there's a few in Indiana. Guns aren't scary though.

There's literally nothing wrong with rural gentlemen you twink city slicker.

ah yes, mark rippetoe. the strength authority. surely his word is law?

Please subscribe to my gaming Chanel

I need money to move next to buda

I hate rippetoe as much as the next guy but you shouldn't give that retard any replies

I'm not that much of a city slicker. I did grow up in a small-medium sized town in Tennessee..

Hmm. I'll allow it.

>Isley they sell guns at Walmart
Dude wat

Like you're buying your weekly essentials a decide to pick up a gun? Wtf?

Our shopping markets have like, kettles and pans and maybe some office supplies even in the mid size ones. And the big ones clothes and even appliances. But guns?

Weird fucking place I tell ya.

Some place you can't even buy cutlery under 18 in Britain

THANK GOD we left the EU and can abolish these stupid laws

Also read this
thebrexitplan.com

Shall not be infringed

I'd really like to hear you say that aloud because I cant imagine you being this sarcastic

Honour our bet already

>you're buying your weekly essentials a decide to pick up a gun?
It is unfortunately AWESOME.

I hate going to wal-mart... but if I need diapers, bourbon, shotgun shells, motor oil, screws, house paint, deodorant, fish oil, chlorine for my pool, and a greeting card, I can do it all in one stop there :)

You hate yourself for loving it, but that's what being an American is all about.

remember when people said Brexit would sink the pound?

> mfw FTSE 100 is the highest it's been since 2011 and the fTSE 250 is at the same level it was before

There hasn't been a single downside to brexit yet

The country can finally keep its wealth again. 350 million annually we lost to the EU.

How do I get good at weighted chinups/pullups?

I want to be able to eventually do 40kg added for 10 reps as a long term goal

i'm just waiting every day for this to become super successful, so i can wear a permanent smug face around my mates.

Dude you could come here and buy a gun from me and the sale would be totally legal on my end (provided I "didn't know" you were a foreigner.

Tbf here in mid Britain most people I know are in support of brexit so there's nobody to be smug to lol

ENOUGH BREXIT TALK.

WHAT ARE WE TRAINING TODAY, LADS?

>not quite natty

Oh?

You're basically remaining but with none of the benefits and no say in anything. You chose the bronze plan so you could save a couple shekels.

I once tried to buy a kitchen knife for mothers day and was rebuffed.

I am. Waiting for tee shirt.

He started trt six months or a year ago and is now an Aaron-certified high test natty (basically)

Yeah lol British laws need some work

I live in such a lax part of Britain though, there are kids smoking while sitting on benches outside tesco and nobody bats an eye

i dunno man i've heard that the pound become quite a bit lighter in the UK so I dunno if they'll have enough space on the bar to put enough plates to get a good workout in.

being able to close the borders sounds like a pretty sweet benefit.

>tfw benched 16stone

God bless ol barney

Why? The illegals are illegals anyway.

>350 million was wasted annually
>forced to have European laws
>forced to allow dangerous criminals in the country and give them residence

There wasn't a single upside to being in the EU

1RM deadlift

I'm fucking pumped!

?
not having to take on refugees if we so choose is what i meant, instead of being forced to through EU policy.

there'll always be illegals, but that doesn't mean we have to welcome them with open arms.

350 million was a fake number.

it was really only 150 million.

you've been bamboozled.

I'm willing to admit I am wrong if you show me a source please

150 million is not much better though lol

ENGINE NOT MOTOR REEEEEEE

Why the fuck do I squat almost as much as I deadlift (with good form) ? A deadlift is basically just a half squat with your arms holding the bar, why tf am I not deadlifting more?

Funlifts
>zercher squats
>farmers carry
>sled drags or tire flips

>A deadlift is basically just a half squat
Found your problem m80

You fell for the low frequency, low volume deadlift meme

theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/may/23/does-the-eu-really-cost-the-uk-350m-a-week

"This equates to £136m a week, less than 40% of the amount splashed on the battlebus."

Could I get a form check pls. Starting lifting again light after time off

youtu.be/J45S48UomvY?t=14s

I admit I was wrong

Twice

I said 350milliom annually

It's 150million weekly
WEEKLY

how did I fuck up this bad. That's a lot of fucking money.

wish granted. check your sc bb

Does that include all the healthy policies enforced by the eu that are centered around building internal infrastructure?

And the politicians behind the leave campaign have already said that they aren't going to use it like they promised they would.

D E V I L I S H

>wasn't a single upside
Lol

No, it really really isn't.

Holy short femurs batman
I don't know if you're hyper extending but it sort of looks like it

7.8BILLION annually lost to the EU isn't a lot of money?

I think you're forgetting how small our country is
7.8B is a lot of fucking money

Not USD. GBP.

>2.85 trillion gdp in 2015
>a few billion invested in the international economy is too much

School is free for you, take a macroeconomics course, please.

What's your argument here? That's 7.3B lost to the EU we don't benefit from.

That 7.3B GONE
So what if we have more money?

THATS A LOT OF MONEY

In return for that money, we gain more in benefits from trade.

We can still join the free market outside of the EU

Can we get back to powerlifting

k thx

Fine.

Who here /sick of training currently/?

here.
have that bad pain in my quad that originates in upper, inner, hamstring tightness. makes pulling a bitch.
Working on getting my squat groove back. i haven't been pivoting around my knees, its all screwy. might start lifting for real next week again

Iktf. My knees fucked so I can't squat
Can't get back into programming because I maxed out too much and now I can't hit as low as 80.% of my maxes

Just feel bad

I was starting to get there but now I've got a meet mid November. It's definitely good for me to have deadlines.

>ENGINE NOT MOTOR
Ye..yeah, I meant oil for my electric motor. Because it needs it. For... reasons.

Nerd.

KYS fat, stupid fuck

"No"

>WHAT ARE WE TRAINING TODAY, LADS?

>1.5 Squats (down, half up, down, up), Beltless
315 single, 5x2@285

>Double Pause Bench (down, pause, up 6in, pause, up)
265 single, 5x2-3 @ 225

>Myo-Rep Flyes, Tricep Push Downs, + Planks/HLR's.

Memey fun day :)

With Michael Gove or Theresa May? One. Can only hope.

You know Norway pays into the EU budget too right? And accepts free movement. Whilst having no say on eu politics or regulations.

Does rebuilding my garage gym in a new garage count?

>tfw 8 days since last session

I'm scared everything will feel shitty.

>curls left
>look at curl area
>just packed
>god i cant be fucked
>do more chin volume instead
come at me bis

If I start lower my hip shoots back

>Crème brûlée donut

>start lower
>lower
>ever
you shouldn't think of a deadlift as a half squat, and you almost certainly should not start lower (obviously i am saying this without knowing what your pull looks like, but still).

You sound like some pseudopolitic who is clueless about how his country runs and spouts shit he hears at his 5 o'clock news to try and sound smart when in reality you're exposed for being what you are: a moronic fucking individual who doesn't know shit about politics not economics

You don't need inything but a bahbill though.

yep

I have completely stopped squatting because after my car accident I cant seem to do it right without my lumbar hurting

deadlifts are fine

but fucking squats man im rounding uncontrollably for no reason and my knees are caving more than usual

whatever though

>was supposed to deadlift 160x5 today
>140 was slipping out of my grip
;_;

im so immobile barbell curls just suck

Check your insults for grammatical errors before you hit post.

hookgrip if you don't have straps

literally how

do you force yourself to do chalkless double overhand or something memey

The problem is that a deadlift is not a squat.
If you want real help you should post a video.

>Who here /sick of training currently/?
Not me :)

Every morning between 3:15 and 4:30 am I walk down to my basement gym with a cup of coffee in my hand and a smile on my face.

Lifting is FUN.

No point, it's Isley who I'm talking to afterall

>Lifting is FUN.
my volume block is begging to differ

>volume block
Suffering is living, my man.

nope mixed ;_;
no idea why

i do up to 130 using double overhand and i could grip that fine

Not him but I can't hook grip after a certain amount of weight as it slips. Doesn't slip with alternating

actually reaching the end of it and just swimming in fatigue, as much as i can dislike volume i know ill miss it in a couple of weeks

lifting is weird

>lifting is weird
youtube.com/watch?v=C2JxZp0lq5M&index=2&list=PLaYmUt45fjso6JZEr24_1dJmRA6ZRaKYo

Here is a good little excerpt from "Without Limits", one of my favorite movies. Coach Bill Bowerman talks about the absurdity of sport.

Sorry about the vid quality (not mine).