/sleep/

Anyone here sleep on the floor?

Thoughts? Is it good for you or just another meme?

Also /sleep/ general as well

Other urls found in this thread:

selfhacked.com/2014/10/29/top-23-methods-to-fall-asleep/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck that man don't want spiders and shit walking on me but interested on answers

Yeah, like spiders only crawl on the floor and are scared of sheets.

I've been sleeping on the floor since I was 17, so 4 years

It started as me following the japanese anime meme, but ever since then I really can't go back to a bed, the consistency is too nice

plus the extra space is great as well

It's supposed to be good for your posture and back, but I never really had those issues so I can't say if it actually helps.

Yes, I sleep on a cheap yoga mat. Immediately helped my back and posture. Only problem is I sleep on my stomach my nuts can get squeezed if not positioned properly. Probably gonna make a short simple bench bed w/ 2x4 topped by a super thin tatami mat. so I can hide it under the "real bed".

>Immediately helped my back and posture
How?

I would sleep on the floor, but I sleep on my side and the floor is only really good for laying on your back.

Floors usually don't give or conform to body shape like mattresses do. They force proper posture when you lay on your back.

this. i don't sleep on the floor, but every day when i get back from the office i like to take a half hour or so and lay on the floor in my apartment. makes my back feel much better after being stuck on a chair all day.

How to get deeper, longer sleep? I constantly wake up after every sleep cycle

Things that help a little
>Melatonin
>Valerian, chamomile, tulsi
>Meditation
>Reading for an hour before bed

No noticeable effect:
>Magnesium, zinc
>5htp
>Theanine
>Glycine
>Aswaganda

i've heard that taking melatonin over time decreases your body's ability to produce it naturally, effectively making you dependent on it

I heard something similar, but take it less than 2x a week anyway

Yeah, I wouldn't depend on melatonin. Your body stops producing it if you use it more than the recomended time.

For those who sleep on the floor, do you use a pillow?

Everyone must read this. There are 54 points, not 23. Pretty autistic but some stuff is useful.

selfhacked.com/2014/10/29/top-23-methods-to-fall-asleep/

One of the biggest reasons of the epidemic of sleeplessness that has occured in our society over the last few decades is because we arent going outside as much. Now that we have Air conditioning and tv/internet/videogames we dont need to leave the house. However, this means that during the day we are not getting adequate amounts of Vitamin D.

I attended this lecture where this doctor had sleep studies performed on her patients. Eventually she had the idea to test them for vitamin D levels, and every one of her patients who had a sleep disorder also had very low vitamin D levels(the very worst ones, about 1 in 20, had low B12 levels).

Itd be very productive for all of you to get a bloodtest from your doctor(its covered by insurance) for D levels.

In addition to this, take it with its cofactors(Magnesium, Zinc, Boron, and Vitamin K)

>For those who sleep on the floor, do you use a pillow?
yes you sort of have to since hardwood will bruise and carpet will chafe. That and the floor is dirty unless it's cleaned every few days and you don't want body oils getting into the carpet..

Except they are. Easy to get trapped.

People have a caffeine problem that they are blind to. Limit caffeine to early morning only, or have fun not sleeping well. Caffeine blocks the chemicals that make you feel tired, it does not give you more energy. However, when you sleep your brain processes the tired chemical, but if you have caffeine in your system your brain cannot process them leading to bad sleep and lethargy in the morning. So you drink more caffeine and the tired chemicals build up even more.. leading to the caffeine crash once it wears off a little. On and on this cycle continues. Also tolerance is a factor, so it will take more and more to block those pesky tiredness chemicals.

So if you only consume it early morning, it wears off by sleep time, and your tolerance doesnt get so high.

I bring this up because literally everyone i know who bitches about sleeping is a caffeine junkie on the cycle i typed up.

i dont know about you guys but i have been sleeping on the floor my whole and i feel like it somehow fucked up my back

Bump

pretty sure that was proven to be untrue but that doesn't stop people from repeating it I suppose

umm spiders only bite when they get trapped an feel threatened...making a bed worse choice again