Why the fuck should I bother with exercise if I have literally no reason to do it?

Why the fuck should I bother with exercise if I have literally no reason to do it?

>No women to impress
>No work to get fit for
>Contributes to nothing in my daily life
>Not fat or overweight, able to briskly walk just fine
>Not at all depressed

What on earth keeps people here going, fit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2HOJ7ScMwQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>able to briskly walk
nigger what kinda measurement is that
also I got fit so I could hold my own when something unexpected happens
>when a PitBull attacked me
>when I got in a fight with my bro
there are plenty of other reasons like if you need some quick money you could help some people move osme heavy furniture and shit like that

>not posting superior Hitchens

>hanging off ledge
>can't do a pullup

>spend hundreds of dollars on gym membership so one day you can maybe make $20 for helping a friend move his couch
are you serious dude?

Well. Like most men I jack off to my reflection in the mirror before I shower and it's gotten a lot easier to finish since I got fit.

Nigger I dont pay for a gym membership there are in fact other ways to work out

I can't believe you're even on Veeky Forums if you don't want to kill yourself

At the very least being a conservative like Hitchens should make you suicidal

>No women to impress
You should only impress yourself with your behaviour
>No work to get fit for
You would b suprised in how many situations strength is required
Strength, good looks, good looks bring confidence, more healthier, etc.
Aslong as your not disgusted with your current body fat do whatever the fuck you want
>Not at all depressed
It's a cocktail of self hate, depression, feeling alone, social anxiety, hate against most people in society and not feeling the need to have any connection with another person

>What on earth keeps people here going, fit?
The reason I lift is because I believe lifting will give me the tools to rise above all my demons
That one day I may make it and do whatever the fuck I want to do with my life
I want to enjoy life but my demons don't allow me to enjoy, they allow me to rethink every step I make and judge my own words/actions in a negative way

kek

I am an athlete involved in a competitive team sport and strength training in one form or another enhances my ability to perform at that sport.

What reason do you have to keep living? There's no reason to do anything so just do what you enjoy. I personally try and refrain from simple pleasures like drugs food and masturbation, but again it doesn't matter.

I like to look in the mirror and see my gains and appreciate them

believe it or not, some of us like to work out. if you dont, thats fine, but we are different.

dude what the fuck is that picture

surely pete never had a beard like that

How would you know? You don't even begin to lift.

You don't need to be a powerlifter who lives in the gym or anything, but just doing a decent 3 day a week program like SS and getting your 3x5 squat somewhere into the 300s will make you a better person in every way.

I've known the odd person who tore a meniscus simply bending over the wrong way, this doesn't happen if you actually lift. When you get older, it will keep your bones dense so you don't break a hip. It will prevent heart disease, which kills more Americans than anything. It will help you load up a truck with your shit if you have to move. It will make it MUCH easier to open pain in the ass jars and the like. It will make you more likely to survive getting hit by a car.

There's obviously a point where the opportunity cost of spending so much time in the gym to get even STRONGER is too much to put up with, and that point is going to be different for different people. But NEVER putting forth a mild effort to get halfway strong is sheer laziness and a waste of your body.

The body, by the way, that you need to keep in working order in order to do EVERYTHING else you like or are good at.

Do it for yourself. MAKE reasons to get in shape. Haven't you ever wanted to do even half of the shit those parkour guys do? Doesn't that look fun to do at all? Or just fooling around on a playground, like those drunk Russians do, trying to do all of that gymnastic bar stunt shit? You need to consider what options will open up for you, instead of just thinking about how your daily routine would go. You already know how it would go, you limited yourself to it and it's boring.

Yes, cutting and lifting won't make my job at work any easier or quicker to do. But what it CAN do is make me consider doing something like rock climbing, so I can save money to do that instead of blowing it on shitty food, then I have something learned from that, to share with others, and to look back on when I'm finally too old to do it.

This so much

also gaining muscle mass helps prevent injuries throughout all your life. amazing right?

go watch some of the c-span appearances he did with chris in the 1990s on youtube, they're fun

this is why we get nowhere. all the reasonable counterpoints ignored by op.

>Why the fuck should I bother with exercise if I have literally no reason to do it?

Ok then don't do it.

What's the point of this thread? if you don't see a need for it then don't.

That's good bait OP, well played. I'll contribute anyway.

Live like the greats, not in mediocrity

This is literally my main reason for starting to get fit, I've always wanted to be able to climb and shit like that.

Live longer.
If you're not depressed you should want this.

Are we done here?

Not doing it to feel awesome and improve yourself

to not be a dyel faggot like you

how can one even respect a man that is content and sedentary

which sport

desire to be fucking best

if you dont feel it then fuck off, faggot. or suck my dick

kick those demons' asses, user
you're gonna make it

It's not a means to an end. The activity is the reward.

get this negativity out of here either lift or don't lift no one gives a fuck don't try and talk me into not lifting

I do it because dad is dying.
I'm not becoming like him.

I promised myself.

because this.

Setting goals and improving.
Also overcoming gravity on a heavy object is crazy fun.

I often need to look at my self in the mirror ( American psycho style) whilst fucking girls to climax. Is there something wrong with me Veeky Forums or is this normal

"Gimme all yor sheet or i shoot jew in dee unibrow."

Then dont do it, I dont care fuck you.

>Why the fuck should I bother with exercise if I have literally no reason to do it?
because you have just stated why you are pathetic.

What on earth keeps people here going, fit?
not idling in front of a screen.

>No women to impress
tons of women around here
>No work to get fit for
getting fit IS the work. exercising = work.
literally makes everything easier.
technique prolly off. i could watch you and see your weak parts and assymemtrical areas.
>Not at all depressed
no need to be. that's an excuse in itself. there is no need to be depressed in order to exercise.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2HOJ7ScMwQ

>reddit's favorite fedora tipper
>superior to based Peter

>No women to impress
There's a whole planet of women for me to impress. That planets name?
Earth.
>No work to get fit for
There police,military,fire fighters and plenty more but if your job doesn't require it then your right on that one i guess.
It makes you feel better and increases confidents.
So you dont have the vigin walk. Good work my man
>Not at all depressed
Nice.

I go because im a skelly at 6'3 and you can't be a skelly at 6'3.

> no women to impress

While you might not be in need of impressing a or any women, the self-validation you will get by having bitches approach you will feel great

> no work to get fit for

I think that goes for most people, oh well

> Contributes nothing to my daily life

Once you start feeling tighter and muscular, your self-worth and confidence will improve. Even if you're not having issues, it feels nice.

I didn't really have any big issues before I started lifting, but after lifting for four months or so, I still felt like a vastly improved person, and I would not go back anymore.

> Not at all depressed

I think if you were legit depressed, it probably wouldn't cure that anyway.

Cause I like how muscles look on me. It kinda turns me on. No homo.

Plus my body just feels better when I'm fit. It's like having a car. One that you take care of will feel and look nicer for longer.