Ive been told you can't cut fat and put on muscle at the same time, how true is this?

Ive been told you can't cut fat and put on muscle at the same time, how true is this?

I'm a beginner at the gym
Bench 275
Deadlift 350
Squat 375
Leg Press 900
Tbar row 250

And I walk about 6-10 miles a day because of my job. I've made /ok/ gains in the 6 months I've gone to the gym, but I still look as fat as I did before I started going. I've cut calories, probably about 2500 a day on a "heavy" eating day, and 2000 on others.

I'm 6'2'' and 290 lbs.

TWO HUNDRED NINETY POUNDS? you are fucking fat dude. any exercise will help you cut fat maintaining that diet.

>beginner
>those stats

just fucking cut you stupid fuck, you have enough muscle

Yeah dude just lift hella and your body will turn your fat into muscle cuz that's what its there for. Fat is just stored energy.

I want to be pretty strong, I have a shitty body type so I look weird without muscle. I get fumed when I see dudes at the gym bigger than me, but grunting with 125 on bench like they are the shit.

That's what I thought, but since I've started only put on weight and I don't look any skinnier. At best my shirt size dropped. But I really wanna maintain this strength while dropping to 10% body fat, and right now I'm at 17% and haven't been able to go lower at all in at least a month.

And in all fairness, when I was in high school and somewhat in shape, at 13% body fat I still weighted 245. I'm a big guy sadly, got a real fucking weird body.

>e-stats
>right now I'm at 17%
>290 pounds
Kek sure is summer

It's like we have this thread every day.
Only hungry skeletons need to bulk, ever.
Everyone else can for the most part indefinitely cut calories and still make mass. It takes weeks of eating at an abnormally low calorie deficit to lose muscle mass.
If you're cutting 200 calories off you can keep lifting and making gains for years while losing fat before it becomes an issue.
If you're 290 right now, you may only lose 30lbs of fat this year and never drop a single lb because you'll make it all up in muscle.

What you don't want to do is have no knowledge and suddenly say you want to bulk 2k calories more than you usually eat or drop to some shit like a 500 calorie diet. You'll fuck yourself up.

your deadlift weight is not right. work on deads.

I'm about that size only slightly taller and 275. I came down from about 325 over the past year but plateaud at 275. Currently at around 20% bf.

Problem number one is those squat numbers. You should be putting up bare minimum 400 at 290 lbs. Bench is impressive though.

Problem number two is

>im a big guy sadly

People would kill to be 6'2 245 at 13%. Why is that sad? Why do you hate your body? Seriously, you aren't a lanklet and you aren't a manlet. Stop complaining about your genetics and fucking use them.

Finally, You ain't at 17% bf. Bare minimum you are at 20% The numbers just don't add up so post a pic so people can actually make judgments or kill yourself you fat faggot

Show pics

>That's what I thought
Pls be satire, the other user who said you can turn fat into muscle was b8 I beleive. That or he's retarded.

Basically this.

Most people can recomp without any trouble as long as they're above 10-12% BF. The exception are elite level lifters.

Technically, it's a thing with newb gains. Something to do with the equilibrium between anabolism and catabolism being less volatile since their body isn't used to the stress. Not relevant to OP though.

> 31.5 BMI
> "at 13% body fat"
Yeah, right. You were fat as fuck you lying fat fuck.

LOL

>I'm at 17% bf
>290lbs @ 6'2

I can assure you, that you are not fatboi

This is what 13% @ 245lbs @ 6'2 looks like faggot

forgot pic

3 plates squat in 6 months? wtf are you white people eating?

Semen is nature's protein shake

15-18% i believe. abs separation not visible at all.

You don't see ab separation before 10% fagboi

Is that impressive? I hit that in 5 months at 180lbs, Ss and bulk

>ab separation
>10%

no, not impressive at all. i did it at 3 months.

i started at 3pl8 after just getting off the couch

genetics, i guess

>Ive been told you can't cut fat and put on muscle at the same time, how true is this?
0% true. I did exactly that

but like others are saying, you're fat as fuck and not a beginner. Stop being fat instead of being retarded about your lifts.

>your body will turn your fat into muscle

>Ive been told you can't cut fat and put on muscle at the same time, how true is this?

on test + tren you can.

He's not wrong. Indirectly fat is used to build muscle.

Fat does not turn into muscle. IT JUST DOESNT

dlift 350 lbs
sq 375 lbs
weigh 290 lbs.

>"beginner".
>puh-leeeeeeeeeeze.......

Glycerol and fatty acids do not turn into amino acids.

I was referring to glucose you dingus. Also that's not how protein works.

>I'm a beginner at the gym
>Bench 275
>Deadlift 350
>Squat 375
>Leg Press 900
>Tbar row 250
Tasty b7

Fine what would I know I'm just a doctor

Good for you, you're still wrong. Glucose is used in the process of building muscle, and even proteins can be used in times of starvation for the inverse. If you have a PhD you understand how metabolism works.

"He's not wrong" referring to the comment about fat turning into muscle. Yes lipids and amino acids can be used to make glucose (correct and beside the point). Glucose is needed to run the body and therefore it is needed to make muscle. There are many things we need to exist and therefore also to make muscle (oxygen, the sun, the twinkle in our daddy's eyes). At no time is fat turned into muscle.

it's like a little guy popping out of a big guy suit.

your stats are rather impressive, even at that bodyweight, and yes, of course you can cut while gaining muscle, youre so fat all you'd have to do is eat around 2000kcal and hit 150grams protein every day and you'd probably lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks