I spilled hot water on my ledger, wat do?

i spilled hot water on my ledger, wat do?

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@Zero404Cool/trezor-security-glitches-reveal-your-private-keys-761eeab03ff8
medium.com/@Zero404Cool/frozen-trezor-data-remanence-attacks-de4d70c9ee8c
github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039/english.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

put in pooper

Don't plug it in.
If you let it dry completely it might work.

rdy for next step

Ledger in pooper and I'll send 1 eth

but how do i dry it

i have a reflow gun but I think that's too hot

i would totally do that for 1 eth

put it in rice?

i'm curious as well, op. what would one do in these kinds of situations where you either lost the thing or broke it?

reflow would probably melt it. I would just let it sit, for a day or two. Anywhere that's not humid. If you need to use it now, maybe put it in the dryer on low/medium in the zipped pocket of something?

you have a paper backup unless you are a brainlet and didn't use it

Post pink Wojacks and dream about what might have been

put it in dry rice dickhead.
google it.
i hope it still works, but be patient before you plug it in again.

You dont keep an emergency gallon baggy full of silica on hand?

What an idiot!

i don't own a pen and was too lazy to order one. there is a copy of it literally carved on the side of a cardboard box in my apt, but it's illegible.

isopropyl alcohol

i'm pretty sure this is just a meme

I don't even know what to say to that

Always.

The rice shit is just a meme, yes.

Silica gel is the real deal. It can absorb many multiples of its weight in moisture.

well i thought it would be dumb not to copy it, but i didn't have a pen, what else was I supposed to do. I used an exacto knife but it's hard to tell the f's r's t's and so on apart

kys retard

i'll do it later if you guys help me

ah okay, thanks. i should probably go do that right now. where can i find the private key on this pos?

i only have 300 eth so it's not a big deal if i lose it but still i want to get into the best practices for storing these shitcoins

you can't and that is the point of it. during setup it gives you a 24 word recovery phrase and that is what you write down

dont put it in rice.. take it to a computer repair store or take it apart yourself, dry it off and clean it with 98% isopropyl alcohol and let it sit for a day

i don't think you can get it anymore, you should be super careful with yours

otherwise you have to reset it and send the funds somewhere temporarily

just buy a new one?

so am i fucked now? can i just send it to a backup address, redo the setup and write down the phrase this time, then send the eth back? what would you do in my situation?

This has happened to me before. Ejaculating on it will fix it. Be sure to cover all of it and let it sit for a few days.

yes that is what you should do

i took it apart and it felt dry inside, wiped the casing just in case and put it back together.

now the buttons are jammed, please send help

you aren't fucked yet

Your biggest mistake was buying a ledger in the first place.

thanks, man. you're the first helpful user on biz since i've been here.

Thank you for contributing to the deflationary property of Bitcoin.

It's people like you who give Bitcoin its true value. Thank you.

what does that have to do with anything

Why do you say this? Trezor and KeepKey both have exploits where your PIN and seed are visible in plain text. Ledger has not been compromised (yet)

put in rice asap and let it dry out on top of your computer or some warm shit

just leave it alone for two weeks to dry, dont try using a blow dryer or anything because you will likely fuck it up even more

You're a fucking wanker. That's what.

>first helpful user is the person telling you to write your seed down

Sorry but you just lost your retirement

>Trezor and KeepKey both have exploits where your PIN and seed are visible in plain text
I just bought a trezor and have 25 btc on it. Do you have any soruce to back up your claim?
How fucked am I?
Should I buy a ledger instead?

medium.com/@Zero404Cool/trezor-security-glitches-reveal-your-private-keys-761eeab03ff8

medium.com/@Zero404Cool/frozen-trezor-data-remanence-attacks-de4d70c9ee8c

lol and you guys were calling me dumb

Fuck me har in my tight little boipuccy. Im going to buy a ledger tomorrow. It sucks because I really like the trezor. Fuck TREZOR and theire fucked up security!

These are false and FUD articles.

It was an exploit that was fixed with a firmware update. Shortly after it was fixed someone posted an article with pictures saying they figured out a way to replicate it after the patch using pictures skipping most of it and just describing the old exploit and claimed it couldn't be fixed.

However this person was asking 20 BTC to reveal the full exploit and it has never been revealed because he was bullshitting. Your coins are safe.

Can Ledger hold ERC 20 tokens aka LINK?

Reverse the damage by spilling cold water on it

hello trezor, your device does not offer any tampering security.

So anyone with the skills can fuck with your money.

I actually know because I have both and I freaked the fuck out and did research about it. It was a guy scamming people.

yes it works with any type of ethereum transaction

GG brother

Let it dry for a week or two and pray that it works

I know you're trolling but I'm replying anyway. If you didn't have a pen why would you not just do it when you get one or chance it and type it out in notepad?

I'd be curious to know how many bitcoins have been lost through death, dementia, stupidity etc. Shame it'd be practically impossible to know accurately.

sure thing trezor guy

the restore sequence is comprised of full words though. Even if some letters are illegible you should still be able to discern the word, like if you saw "relard" you could assume it was supposed to be "retard" and so on.

I can't figure out about half of them

>buying pens in 2k17
kek

>typing the secret into your computer

doesn't that defeat the purpose?

I'm going to help you even if you are a total retard

the bip39 consists of a 2048 wordlist and was created in a way that even with only 2 o 3 letters you could reconstruct the entire word

github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039/english.txt

if you get your seed back a compensation would be appreciated

0x44f87614F20bA4ba184AB33647Ee80f58b8ff2c5

>github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039/english.txt
i knew it was a list but i couldn't find it on google.

I'm still stuck on three of the words.

pour some anti-water onto it to cancel it out

But your coins on a normal flash drive like a smart person should. you could even make 2!

Slam that shit into some dry rice

buy another nano s and wait 3 months for it to be shipped xd

>doesn't that defeat the purpose?
Not noting your seed defeats the purpose but that didn't stop you. It's insecure, yes, but as long as it's a temporary measure and you clean up after it the chances of it being compromised are minimal. Assuming (naively) that your computer and local network are virus and malware free already.

>compensation would be appreciated
Good luck. He's too cheap to buy a 50c ballpoint pen.

my computer is probably ratted by some russian already who wants my memes directly from the source