Ive been thinking of getting a kettlebell lately...

ive been thinking of getting a kettlebell lately, i wanna get something sinple i can use at home when im not at the gym so to bring it with me so i at least get some exercise if im away. are they fun to use?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1WtTtbBR0hlenAGIX_O3Dsoc9qwQjun4GcZOwOEtOQrQ/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah they are fun, but are more so for cardio than strength. Pavel has good resources for kettlebells

Pavel sounds like a big guy

i have a 16 and 24kg and love them dearly.

swings
turkish getups
push press
ribbons
swing catches

all great. especially when you are really used to them and combo all those exercises. they also give good shoulder stability. you would also be suprised how fucking much they make you sweat.

i do every morning a 10-20 minutes session to get the body a bit heated up for the cold shower.

i really wouldnt want to miss them.

Bottoms Kettle bell OHP is a beautiful challenge

my roommate used to work a single 16kg cattle bell.
he used it for swings, presses, and even squat.
A grown, 80+kg man, squatting 16 kg. He said his legs were hella strong.
Don't be like my roommate. Work the bells if you like but know that it's more hard cardio than strength.

he's actually not that big...

4U

Give me some good kettle ball exercises for MASS

kettlebells are rather cardio-strength tools. if you want raw mass you need to dumbell/barbell too.

KETTLE BELLS ARE FOR PUSSIES FUCK OFF SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE

Invaluable if you're training hard for other sports. I do bjj, muay thai and ice hockey and trying to fit 3 days of heavy lifting into that schedule without getting incredibly drained is extremely hard. So I do 3 kettlebell sessions per week usually a few hours before sports practice and 1 day of heavy deadlift, squat and bench at the weekend.
I have 2 16s 2 24s and a 32 I love them dearly

Get a 40 kg one.
OHP
Cleans
Turkish get up
Pistol squats
Swings

Should get you some starting strength.

Try front squatting 2 32kg bells. Only 64kg in total but I can tell you that it feels like a hell of a lot more

Eh i think they can be good for snatches cleans and shoulder press doing that with a 20kg + bell isn't easy

Underrated when used correctly imo. They're a tool just like anything else.

This. Turkish get ups will make a little boy out of a strong man who trains solely with barbells. Very difficult exercise

They're awesome to use.

And here, have a link to my routine:
docs.google.com/document/d/1WtTtbBR0hlenAGIX_O3Dsoc9qwQjun4GcZOwOEtOQrQ/edit?usp=sharing

Have a true kettlebell anecdote:

>Get new kettlebells yesterday by mail.
>Mother-in-law tries to pick one of the boxes up but decides against it.
>Mother-in-law asks me to be careful because she doesn't want to go to jail for murder when, in an attempt to save my life, pulls a kettlebell off of my crushed-in head, inadvertantly putting her fingerprints on the kettlebell.

I just don't understand how Pavel looks like such shit despite being an avid kettlbell practitioner. Look at the likes of Ivan Denisov (girevoy champion) compared to him.

I can think of a number of reasons desu. The main one being that getting huge was never his main goal. Still, his corny ass books are pretty decent and I've become a fan of his.

No doubt that his advice is solid, I just never understood why he never looked particularly good but I suppose that could just be genetics

A buck per pound, shit they're expensive, even used.

Overpriced name brand kettlebells aside, how much cheaper per pound, are new dumbbell and barbell weights delivered?

No, he never trained for size as far as I know. He doesn't really need it for what he does. Denisov however pushes heavier and heavier kettlebells for fun and the size helps.

Kettlebells are for lunks.