Why do you lift Veeky Forums? What motivates you to go to the gym almost everyday?

Why do you lift Veeky Forums? What motivates you to go to the gym almost everyday?
>pic somewhat related

Myself? I want to be strong.

>you will never be the platform

Not wanting to be the trumpet? Plebian scum

i like looking and feeling good...and when I need that extra bit of motivation when I would rather drink a beer and lay around, I think of my Ex-GF and making her feel bad the next time she runs into me that she doesn't get to have me all fit as fuck.

BECAUSE I WANT TO BE BIG. I WANT TO STRONG

PLEASE
STOP MAKING THIS FUCKING THREAD OVER AND OVER AND OVER

PLEASE STOP ASKING WHY WE LIFT OR WHO WE LIFT FOR.

I made the thread because I've needed some more motivation to keep lifting lately. Unlike i don't have someone to make feel bad and really no one to lift for at all.

nice legs on that midget

I started to lift because i wanted to get girls
I found out girls dont give a shit if youre juicy, skelly or fat.
Now i keep lifting hoping life will change for the better but so far, only change has been for the worse

every fucking day man

Just lift for yourself, or don't. We don't give a fuck just decide what you want and do it.

if you need to keep "searching for motivation to keep lifting" you're going to fail, very soon. Motivation comes from within, you can't read a stupid blogpost or look at an image to get motivated.

If your ex-gf cares then i envy you
I was fit as all hell when my gf left me for a fatass and she doesnt care how big i get or how good looking i am, ill never have the satisfaction of breaking her heart like she broke mine

You're fucking right

Just decide your goals, decide what you want to look like 1 year from now.

Then think about what will get you there, and what you will look like in 1 year if you continue what you're doing right now.

if you like your life right now and your future looks, continue doing what you're doing. if you hate being weak, looking like a skinny fat piece of shit with manboobs and a gut but skinny arms like a girl, then maybe lifting can help you there.

I just want to be happy....

I'm not fat or anything. I'm somewhat fit. I just was more into lifting as more of an impulse thing a year or two back. I slowed down but i really like what i turned into and i don't wanna become some beta looking faggot like before

it helps with depression.

Well then you know what to do man.

There's really nothing to say, do or don't do. You clearly know the benefits of lifting and the negatives of being sedentary given how you say you've lifted for 1-2 years now and looked like a 'beta looking faggot'.

So what else is there to discuss? You know the answer before you even made the thread

Lifting used to make me more depressed because i felt like i was putting work into something pointless. Thinking all that "we're all going to die anyways" bullshit fucked me up in the head for a while

I also like to hear stories about how people made it. It doesn't give me motivation per se but it makes me proud when i read it

I figure that maybe if I get my STR to 9 or 10 it'll make up for my 0 CHR.

lol. i'm such a nerd.

I was going to school and was totally sleepless and literally had no time to go to them gym and ate when I could (so high calorie shit crammed into the 5 mins I could find here and there) and I got pretty skinnyfat. I wasn't worried because I know I whip into shape easily and I'm super dedicated, but now that I'm done with school, I'm full on with the routine and now a little more than ottermode now and still going. She used to sort of do the, "don't you want to go workout, nudge nudge?" thing to me all the time...and rightfully so, people shouldn't get flabby and shitty, but I'd constantly tell her it was temporary until I finish school. She didn't believe me, but now I can't wait to run into her because it's a drastic difference in this past year since we last saw each other.

>Lifting used to make me more depressed because i felt like i was putting work into something pointless

Wtf? How is it pointless

>Thinking all that "we're all going to die anyways" bullshit fucked me up in the head for a while

If you live your life to the max it doesn't matter if you die the next day.

I realized nothing you do had purpose until you give it that purpose, then it wasn't so pointless anymore

I just want to be a good example for my wife's son

I really hope it works for you user
Ive been fit since forever and i havent really noticed girls caring at all, seems they dont give a shit at all
Make it happen friend

confidence man...

It's weird, I notice a lot more mirin now and flirtiness/special treatment. Maybe it's the confidence of going from shitty to fit and you take it for granted so you don't have the confidence. Walk around knowing you're better than all the other fatfuck regulars that go home and drink beer playing vidyo games and have baby girl arms.

Maybe im autistic but i dont really notice girls flirting or maybe they just dont
friends tell me they do when we hang together but i dont notice on spot

Im confident and can flirt alot with girls but it never escalates into dates/sex despite my best efforts, the only girl i managed to find an interest enough in to hunt lately flaked

oi, it aint easy

Monday, wednesday, friday?
Cause I have nothing else to do

Get psycho while lifting.break the pain barrier and enjoy the high of the dopamine rush. Gym rats are basically dope fiends. "I'm cumming all day"- Arnold

I don't need motivation.

I actually enjoy lifting.

At first it was to get back at my ex

Now i just do it for me, the mires are just a bonus, besides i ran into my ex with her new bf one day looking at mass gainers because he wanted to put on weight and asked my advice, and she said "you'd know all about that right?" Then felt up my chest, felt good brahs.

But really i find i just cant focus if i dont lift for more then 2 days

My reason for going was to get gf. I've since given up on this and just go out of habit.
I like the smell of the gym, I like the music they play there, seeing I like seeing the regulars, the pump.

Initially I started out because I wanted to be more attractive and sexually desirable, but I dropped it after 8 months because I wasn't really doing it for myself and couldn't motivate myself to keep doing it.

I started again a year later, because I missed it, and now I do it to get big and strong. I love lifting weights and I can't imagine my life without it. The movements are fun, the progression is satisfying and the gains are intensely worthwhile.

Nice.

My favorite memory was after going to Cancun for grad trip with 37 of our classmates. The girls wanted nothing to do with most of us because the older guys were jacked. So I put 3-4 months more training in right after that at the "Y". One day I'm doing chest presses with 100lb dummies and she ,Emily, stops drp jawed beside me "user, that's as much as I weigh in each hand." That day I realized I was the alpha-male of the gym leaving humainity behind with the exception of a few other dudes who usually lifted at different times. Jared, the local notorious tuff-guy a couple yearsolder than me actually confronted me about roids and getting too big, too young, cuz he was only pushing 80s at the time.

I started working out at 14 for AAA hockey try-outs. Didn't make the team that year but I put on 15 lbs the first summer. It seemed like the whole world took notice, so I never stopped lifting. Ended up making the team next year because nobody in the whole league could touch my speed thanks to working legs. then made HS football team despite never having played. 4.0s forty