Does being ripped/athletic/big make you more likeable or less likeable...

Does being ripped/athletic/big make you more likeable or less likeable? Not just to girls but to people you meet in general?

Has way more to do with how you act ....douches and faggots are douches and faggots no matter if you are fat/skinny/fit.

you are perfect just as you are, babe

dont change a thing if you dont want to!

a friendly attractive person is more pleasant to be around than a friendly unattractive person

People used to fuck around with me a lot more when I was chubby and didn't lift, now that I'm more or less ripped I noticed that people usually treatme more nicely and always say sorry first if I bump into them or something like that.
So yeah, muscles make for a good deterrent.

You will get treated worse by insecure people that will mainly try to pick fights, talk shit about you and be generally disrespectful. This group consists of many manlets for some reason, kek.

>people that will mainly try to pick fights, talk shit about you and be generally disrespectful.

like youre being to my manlet brethren right now?

:c

I'd say more likeable definitely

as a skelly, since I went from 135 to 155 lbs (still a skelly but much more normal looking) at 6'1, people actually smile at me at look at me when we're talking
also I don't have people trying to push or slap me around as a 'joke' for no reason

If the word manlet is so offensive to you, let me change that to 'males that are short'.

being in shape and muscular in terms of a regular sized human male is a positive quality

being RIPPED/SHREDDED/YUGE isn't really positive in 2016. it's like those guys that think fake tits are better than real tits, like tans, tattoos.. it's trashy and simpleminded. no adults with shit going on in their lives actually find it attractive. teenage girls/dumb whores and dude bros do, though.

salt incoming

This.
If your going for social approval lift casually and stay lean. If you go full bodybuilder mode read: roid then Normie's will see you as an 'other'. It will mean your excluded socially.

inclined to agree.

the slamdunk is being tall, broad shouldered, some natty levels of muscle, fit, and 'effortlessly lean' i.e. not veins poppin but some basic separation in your muscles so like 12 - 15% bf.

if you have that then you're at max potential.

There's a middle ground. Totally shit is unattractive and aesthetic af makes you come off douchey. Being somewhere in the middle shows that you take care of yourself but aren't a shallow cunt. Appearance is only one factor though and insecure people focus on it the most.

I agree with you. I view non natty means of physiological aesthetic enhancement (mostly surgical or extreme substance use) as a sort of cheating of mate selection. Obviously, if you drown yourself in cosmetic alterations of your body then it's obvious that your offspring will never be as attractive as you given they never undergo artificial procedures.

Basically what I'm getting at is that extreme aesthetic alteration is not giving a fair chance for potential mates to identify your genetic traits from a glance. Of course, this could help an individual acquire a better mate and increase the likelihood of their offspring surviving/thriving but that whole system gets thrown out the window once everyone starts cheating it.

everyone is nicer when you look better

male or female

>adults with things going on in their lives

read:

"im too lazy to get in shape, and make excuses like MY CAREER or whatever"

fuck off, lazy cunt.

People have always admired my small beer belly.

>salt incoming

they all read that and now have to agree with him otherwise be deemed salty

HOLY SHIT A SALT WAVE EVERYO-

>get in shape

you mean like

>being in shape and muscular in terms of a regular sized human male is a positive quality

kek you don't even know what you're being mad about. you probably think body builders and power lifters are healthy.

its the truth though

having a job is no excuse for being a fat fuck or lazy

"im too busy to go to the gym" is the dumbest excuse ever. it takes one fucking hour to do a full workout.

"in shape" in terms of north america means not being morbidly obese

it's still bad.

being better than most fat fucks doesnt mean a thing. you should strive to actually be fit.

this is true, though the natty limit is probably in the range of socially acceptable. you won't be "that guy" unless you roid tbqh.

so what exactly from are you disagreeing with? you literally agree with him you fucking retard

no, it doesn't. see

"being ripped/shredded/huge isnt a positive in 2016"

he said being in shape is all you need, that isnt true.

average is bad. noone should be happy with average.

It is amazing how much respect you get from normies for just being a complete DYEL fagtron.

That being said, as soon as you start getting respect from other lifting bros, you start getting side-eyed by normalfags. Getting big makes you look weird to anyone who doesn't lift. Being a shredded ottermode lanklet will get you the maximum amount of normires.

Do you even bother to read what you're replying to?

He's saying that body-builders and shit aren't attractive to most people, which they aren't. he's saying that being healthy and in shape/natty is a positive quality. Holy fuck you're a retard.

> somebody doesn't agree with my perspective on life.

engage the ironic posting.

Just b urself lol

>being in shape and muscular in terms of a regular sized human male is a positive quality

he's saying that being in a healthy BMI with a decent bf % is healthy, which it is. shut the fuck up retard you're just making shit up. literally nothing ever muttered about being "average" in that post you dumb fuck. being huge isn't healthy.

ok, ill agree you dont have to be a roided bag of shit like piana, but I thought he was arguing that being in "decent" shape is good enough

it isnt

>shitposts over something he agreed with
This is why nobody takes Veeky Forums seriously.

I'm pretty sure there are better reasons not to take Veeky Forums seriously

this desu, even though from my experience it's mostly non-whites doing it instead of manlets

More likeable.

I can confirm.

But that's cos I'm a funny fucker too.

Also, when you are fit, your own attitude changes. You will smile more and be in a better mood, and this straight up makes you more attractive to people.

Generally, if you're good looking people will bow down and throw themselves at you. Just how we work. That's why we love hot celebrities.

being at like 170 lbs at 8-10% body fat at 5'10" is good. That's the biggest you can be at 5'10 without being considered overweight by the medical community and it's respectable IRL. It poses no detriment to your health in any way, so you get to reap all of the benefits. I don't see much of a problem with going like 15 lbs over MAX but that should be it for sure. 185 lbs at 5'10 is significant if you're at like 8-10%, but you don't look like a freak, just a regular adult that looks VERY strong without looking like it's your life/like you take drugs/like a freak. Focusing on something like working out as if its your life when it isn't(not a professional/athlete/not your job) is just an odd thing to see.

150 uber-lean at like 7-8% is ideal imo and achiveable natty

webm related is 5'11 155lbs at SUPPOSEDLY 5-6% bf

nah he's closer to 140-145, I'd buy that he's 7% though

them abs

Anyone have that pic of the kid with the flattest abs ever, no muscle anywhere and had been clearly taking dnp to drop all his body fat?

That's him right there.

no way is that 145. I was at that weight in high school and I was still 5'9" at that point and looked nothing like that. I had decent legs too. he doesn't.

He's older and more developed. No way he's more than 145, not at all. Remember, mcgregor is 145. pic related

This is what I looked like at 155 lbs, 5' 10" - 5' 11". I think my max squat was like 225 and my max deadlift was 350 or something at that point. Don't really remember.

I'm 185 lbs now, PRs are 410 squat and 535 deadlift. My legs have grown a lot.

it's literally according to brad pitt himself, but he says he went all of the way to 3% bf and made sure to have a pump going before shooting scenes.

>3% bf

that's below essential fat you mongoloid. Jeff says he's natty, you believe him too?

that's why i said but

Doesn't make a difference if you're a NEET sperg, m8.

I'm 192cm and 75kg. Literally never had that happen. Sounds more like a beta issue.

you absolute mongoloid, he CUTS to make 145. Walking, he weighs 165-170.

>salt incoming

And thus he can thwart all criticisms before they even happen.

Less when it comes to men.

Le irony men irl like to project their insecurities on you bc you go and lift(besides posting on an australian ship-in-a-bottle-making forum) wheras they only do the latter.

You are at the relative weight and height that j am now faggot
Try losing 10-15 kg and see how people treat you

I'm 5'11" and 120 pounds and people treat me just fine. It's more about confidence than anything. First impression is what it'll affect but the more you interact with someone, the more they get a sense for how insecure you are.

upvote

upfaggot

So, if you're already socially excluded it's good to go roiding? asking for a friend

jk i have no friends

you are cancer

other guys hate you more and girls like you more

get the hell off my board shitrat

In my experience:

>more passive aggressiveness from unathletic men and women
>get along better with other Veeky Forums guys; friendly competition is common
>confident women will be more interested and physical (touching arms and have better body language)
>on the other side of the coin, they will test you more to see if you're really a man, or just some beta hiding behind muscles
>people get out of your way
>catch people mirin or giving you the stink eye occasionally
>people are more helpful most of the time
>occasional phaggot saying "wow you must have no life" or something similarly reeking of jealousy

We prefer to be called vertically challenged.

haha this. I was at a security office for some reason and went close on this guard for a bit and he stood up and said he had a gun and that I should back up. Funny enough he was a fat manlet.

As long as you stay natty, don't dress like a fag, get tattoos, fake tan and piercings you'll look good

the guys hate you for looking weak
the guys feel threatened if you´re strong

face it all of these motherfuckers want to start a fight with you it´s the basic instinct. at least you´re less fucked when you have some muscle

I'm tall and have been lifting for some time. At nightclubs manlets usually come and push me on the dance floor. When I shove them away from me they come up and hug me for some reason. It's fucking weird and it happens way too often.

People naturally prejudice based on whatever information they have, in this case looks.

Think about it, just like you judge a girl based on looks "she looks like a slut by how she dresses, she must be one!" or "look at that beta, how he dresses or lowers his head". In the same way they are going to judge you.

If you dress in a way you overexposed your well deserved gains, they might think you are a shallow person that probably only cares about looks, narcisist, etc.

Or perhaps you are a BRO, with all the prejudice traits that go along with it.

Good enough for who? It seems like you people don't really think about WHY you do the things you do, you just try to do them well so that you can feel superior to most people and not have to think about your faults. Getting swole doesn't make you a better person. It makes you feel good and look good but it wom't change your shitty personality and other crappy qualities like posting on Veeky Forums.

absolute retard. Since when does being in shape = average fat?

Holy shit American standards are so fucked up. Fall on your head from a great height PLEASE!

it's not american standards. it's just that guy being a dumb fucker

Saying "salt incoming" doesn't exclude you from sounding like a total faggot. Being shredded is NOT the same as having fake tits, tans or tattoos. Ofc you wouldn't know this because you're a twink, trying to come to terms with his mundane life.

salt.

Do whatever the fuck you want dude and don't give a shit about what others think.

My social life started to become shit once I started caring. Fuck all that man.

Thinking of you crying :(

sounds like you're salty about being a fat/skinny fuck who lives in his parent's house.

Lads, this is ALL confirmation bias. People treat you the same, but now you just think it's different because *YOU* have the different mindset.

Just look at the replies:

>People treat you better with huge muscles, you're more attractive, they want to be buddies with you

>People (insecure faggots) give you shit when you have huge muscles, get loads of stinkeye

Which is it? Are insecure betas shit-testing you because of jealousy? Or are they being nicer to you because you're more attractive?

Maybe some people are nice, others aren't. Maybe *YOU* are the one who changed...

Let's see that after bulk pic sexy

I'm in pretty good shape but people still hate me. I hope that answers your question

I noticed in the last two months as I got pretty cut and tan for summer I started getting conversations struck up with me by random people in public. Like literally 3x as often as normal. Kinda cool it made me unsperg a bit and now I talk to more people when I'm out and about. I'm 6'6 so maybe being 200 instead of 225 makes me less "big and scary" even though I wasn't really that huge

I don't feel like my personality changed that much since gaining weight
I guess we just had different experiences

There is some degree of confirmation bias yes, but it also depends on a shit load of things like culture and age

They want a strong tall man to fuck them
it's not that hard to understand

yes , bigger or ripped dudes usually form alliances (friendships) with each other more easily and women admire them.

if you ever hung out with real ripped dudes, they get respect and people coming up and talking to them all the time - usually lots of jokes about muscles in some way

this is different than dudes who are not that ripped but are really good looking to women - i've only been around 1-2 of these type - guys dont really try to go up all the time and make friends -but women will literally stop them on the street. i didnt think women did this till i saw it - very rare dudes does this happen to however

you are brendan schaub to their bryan callen

I'm not that big yet, but used to wait tables when I was dropping 75 lb. My tips went up a ton, especially after I grew a beard.

there probably are people who hate you for being in better shape, but in the end it probably is just this

>upvote