My birthday is in a week and I'm at univ but don't know anyone

My birthday is in a week and I'm at univ but don't know anyone.

Is it okay if I invite people from the gym I normally see to hang out with me at the bar for my 21st? We usually give each other nods and sometimes spot each other but rarely talk and never hang out.

How would Veeky Forums react if I invited you?

pls respond

need to know your opinion since i want to ask tomorrow

I'd go desu

may as well try, just ask what they're up to and say you were gonna hit some bars up for your birthday

only problem is you'll kinda look like a loser when they realize they're the only people you invited.

If you're near DE I'd go. My birthday is tomorrow and I'm probably gonna stay home since my gyms closed. Also happy early birthday user

I'd go and leave once you started to show everyone your extensive anime collection

Don't fucking invite people you've never hung out with to your birthday. Just don't.

are you big? if yes, then invite'em. if not, dont, you will look like a looser.

I'd be friendly and say sure. Maybe exchange facebook details or something.

And then when it came to the day I wouldn't go become my social anxiety would convince me that it'd be a total waste of time, and I'd have nothing in common with any of you guys anyway because I'm an autist who browses Veeky Forums.

I wouldn't invite them. I occasionally talk to some people in the gym i make it seem like we are friends but i hate them for taking me away from my workout, i would never hang out with them.

Damn this picture hits me everytime. I'm pretty sure I had a similar shirt, and had hair (almost) as long as that in middle school.

The thing that makes it crazy is that my mom 100% has that same blue baking dish.

I always view this picture as some type of not too far away alternate dimensional possibility of my own existence.

I don't know why I am suggesting this, but just dont tell anyone it's your birthday. If you meet any chicks though you should tell though. Wait until friday or saturday. Grab a few beers.
My b-day is in the middle of august, and nobody is ever around so I know the feel, it's not a big deal mang.

>invite strangers from gym to your 21st
>they see you have no friends
>they will make fun of you every single time they see you at the gym
I don't see any reason why you should not invite them

jesus christ no

Honestly op, you are either autistic or baiting, this question should not be asked

Listem to them

What Uni you go to user? If you're close by fuck it I'll come!

lol no
Sorry, but first meeting partners are awkward as fuck.
Generally rule of thumb is half the room should know each other.
The other half can be new people, but a room full of people that don't know each other or have any common interest (that you know of) no way.

You're at Uni, go make some friends, you have to have people in your class?

you can't invite people that you've never spoken to before bro, that's weird

please dont invite people from the gym.
spare yourself the humiliation.

if you're in uni go ask some people from your class who you talk to on regular basis?
maybe people with whom you've worked on a project.

if there are no people you have talked to and have difficulty talking to people, you can probably ask a study advisor if your campus offers any trainings you could take to improve social skills.

Tfw spent my 20th bday exactly like that pic. The good thing is I also got the number of the qt who is currently my gf that day.

Your cousin doesn't count as your gf, user

>The thing that makes it crazy is that my mom 100% has that same blue baking dish.
I think everyone has that same dish. I have never bought a baking dish in my life yet i still have that same one in my cupboard somehow.

I skip classes and don't talk to anyone when I do go

UPenn

I stopped having birthdays parties after i got 12

what the fuck are you? a child? grow the fuck up

lmao my 21st birthday was so normal that i still forget sometimes if i'm 20 or 21

make an excuse and not go :/ sorry

Honestly, a few years ago I'd probably have made up an excuse because I would have felt uncomfortable going and more uncomfortable telling you that I didn't want to go because of potential social awkwardness, but right now I'd say fuck it and go for sure.

I'm sorry OP, I had my 21st a couple weeks ago and didn't have anyone to go out with either. I just bought a 6 pack of Blue Moon and played vidya.

I hope it goes well for you man. Happy early birthday, friend.

Birthday party? Are you fucking 12? Go to a strip club or buy something expensive

My mom never baked me a cake for any of my birthdays. Lucky shit still getting cakes at 20