Where do they come from, why are they more prevalent in "celtic" countries (Britanny, Ireland, Wales, Scotland)

Where do they come from, why are they more prevalent in "celtic" countries (Britanny, Ireland, Wales, Scotland).

My guess: Yamnaya culture

Can't help but notice it correlates with haplogroup R1b

>Can't help but notice it correlates with haplogroup R1b
yes look at all those ginger R1b Turkmens and Tatars and Armenians

Why is there a retard in every fucking thread who can't shut the fuck up about haplogroups?

Wasn't red hair found in samples from Mesolithic Scandinavia? I don't know why people are so keen to associate it with Indo-Europeans when it seems like more of a Pre-Indo-European trait.

Tatars and Armenians have gingers among them. I don't know much about Turkmen.

Still the correlation is with Yamna ancestry not with all R1b. Some of the R1b in Central Asia has nothing to do with Indo-Europeans.

Theories I have heard are neanderthal genes or that they came from the urals through scandanavia into the british isles.

Mesolithic Scandinavians were 50% EHG whereas Khvalynsk culture was 90% EHG.

Presence of red hair in EHG heavy mesolithic Scandinavia would support the idea it came from the steppe.

I wouldn't trust those maps OP, they're made by an Eupedia.com autist that wants his ideology to fit perfectly into everything, so he creates some idiotic maps without any sources and claim it's the ultimate truth.

Also, here in Poland, red hair was associated with Jews. To this day we have jokes that redhaired people have no souls.

Dafuq is going on here?

R1b-V88. It's only remotely related to other R1b.

The no soul meme was a south park invention where I'm from, usually people say they smell,they love sex, they're weird and ugly and have a strong bond with the devil.

>they love sex

Truly barbaric

The Western Nordics (Hallstatt-Unetice) developped red hair in some proportions to their originally blond hair.

Irish and Scots are not Hallstat-Unetice but Bell Beaker.

West-Eurasian herdsmen who introduced cattle to West-Africa, became elite amongst their people but did not have a significant influence in their genetic make-up outside of their haplogroup.

>Irish and Scots are not Hallstat-Unetice but Bell Beaker.
Unetice is descended from Hallstatt, but with a stronger Nordic element than the Dinaric (native Beaker) one.

>Unetice is descended from Hallstatt
*from Bell Beaker culture

You are aware that Hallstatt had minimal genetic impact on Ireland, right? The Celtic culture and language was spread to the British Isles primarily by cultural diffusion.

>You are aware that Hallstatt had minimal genetic impact on Ireland, right?
Any source on that?

Not him but the Rathlin island genomes from 2200 BC prove that Scots and Irish are descended from the local BB

It's not exactly a radical claim, in fact it's a mostly agreed upon fact. There is no archaeological evidence of a Celtic invasion or mass migration to Ireland.

STOP ASSOCIATING HAPLOGROUPS, ETHNICITIES AND ARCHAEOLOGICAL CULTURES WITH EACH OTHER YOU FUCKING BRAINLETS.

Why?

Because 90% it's nationalistic dick waving pseudoscience disguised as real science.

These threads are just /pol/ trying to be discrete.

Chad, duh.

no you don't understand, they ARE associated with each other

Not as much as the larping spergs on Veeky Forums (aka pseudo-pol) insist.

The only thing haplogroups actually are good for is tracking ancient migrations

You really sound like a guy who doesn't fully grasp what it means when the distribution of a Y chromosomal haplogroup corresponds with traits and cultures.

of people...with the same patrilineal ancestry....in a general genetic group.

So he doesn't sound like an autist?

You're on a history board, in a thread about genetic traits, calling it autistic to associate genetic lineage with populations.

Holy fuck thats interesting, is anything more known about these people? When did this happen?

I had no idea i was in 1% group.

>Udmurts are second after irish by percentage of people with red hair
>tajiks are third

>11% of Scots have red hair
no

>he no soul meme was a south park invention where I'm from
Kill yourself