Is my girlfriend a gainz goblin...

Is my girlfriend a gainz goblin? We were talking earlier and somehow the topic of a gym membership came up and I said how I'm getting one and she said "Noooo that's a waste of money" I asked how it was and she didn't give a good answer and just said that it was, then the conversation just kinda died
What do you think Veeky Forums?

How have you been exercising before this point?

You need to put that dumb whore in her place. Women have no business making financial decisions.

Yes, gfs are for the most part gains goblins.

They will do whatever they can to stop you bettering yourself because it makes them feel insecure.

TELL her you are doing it and don't let her sway you.

My gf tried to tempt me away from the gym at first and I gave her no room at all to try and drive the wedge in. She gave up on it and accepted I will always be trying to physically better myself. And it actually helped because now she does more physical activity.

she knows it's a waste of money because she knows you lack any kind of persistence, self-control and motivation

Mmm, maybe she isn't interested in exercise. Get a gym membership anyway for yourself. If she keeps bitching about it, tell her it's important for you and that you won't stop doing it.

If this becomes an issue I'd seriously reconsider the whole relationship. But if she's your gf, chances are that you're attached to her.

Can confirm OP. My girlfriend doesn't know the value of money either.

A long time but it's just some stuff for my sport but it's never been anything major and I'm just now starting to get more into lifting and taking it seriously

Typical woman making a dumb statement, then being unable to back it up.

>listening to women

I didn't listen to her, she didn't sway me at all, still getting one

Alongside their bodies being the best and them having an actual hobby, that's why I only date fit women. They at least seem to have an understanding.

For a woman, it is a waste of time and money, yes. She just needs to ride a push-bike on a frequent basis and she'll be all good. For a man though, it is a good investment and worthwhile hobby.

When your gf said that it's a waste of time, she meant that it is a waste of time for her - and she's right. She was under the presumption that she would get a membership too - because she operates under the presupposition that it would be an exercise-themed social venture (women put everything first and foremost about social connections and relationships, not the activity or action itself - it's just the way evolution made them) Remember this: woman typically think only in the scope of themselves - within their own little bubble, and the social possibilities thereof.

>blaming women
Nope. She knows OP. That's why she said it.

That's why she doesn't want you to do it. It's new. Women don't want you to be happy, they want you to do things with them and for them. They are the center of your universe. When people bitch about women destroying their hobbies and you thought it was bullshit misogynist propaganda or what the fuck ever you were wrong, and now you can see it. So here's my advice: Go. Just fucking go. If she complains then she's not worth your time. Leave her. Otherwise, she'll come too. Don't date a fatty OP. Get fucking Veeky Forums.

This desu OP

t. hugless, kissless, handholdless virgin armchair psychologist

I used to think like you man, but then I actually made it. I got a gf, I got laid. Turns out the shit that people were saying is all true. For my part, I didn't have to drop my bitch. I made her follow me to the gym. Now she gets fit with me, which is great and I can't imagine having to go through a relationship with her if she was against it. I probably wouldn't, if I'm being honest. I love her, but the gym is important to me so she needs to be okay with that. Hopefully OP feels the same way.

I only called you an armchair psychologist and then you think you can tell what I think and go on some more armchair psychology bullshit

congrats, you're a fucking idiot

thats not a sound argument, but it's a strong onr

Yeah I tend to date women that are fit or regularly go to the gym, even though I do not.

I only date extremely attractive women, i feel you bro

>TELL her you are doing it and don't let her sway you.
Confirmed. I've been wanting to get started for YEARS and my gf always persuaded me not too. "I don't like guys that are too buff", "Just jog a bit, that's good for you!" "I like your body the way it is, muscles are gross!". I just finally ignored her and TOLD her I was doing it.

If you are the one who makes the most money then put the bitch in her place and tell her to worry about her own spending

>caring what your girlfriend thinks about what you do
Never gonna make it

Listen to this guy

Are you OP's gf?

>GOBLIN GET YE GONE

Jaysus. Reading that it sounds like she thinks you're working out for her.
TIL some women are even more deluded than previously thought

do you make money? if so, fuck she cares about. just do what you want and stop being a little bitch.

This.
Let me throw my story out there.
When i was 20 i was my most Veeky Forums and kept working out well into 23.

Met my now ex, at the time i was Working, lifting and finishing my studies. She asked me for more time so i had to drop something. Figured I'd pick lifting back up after the semester was done.

Wanted to start working out again, bitch got whiney, didnt wanna run with me, made a fuzz about me working out, got in her head i was going out to cheat rather than gym, decided to start working out on my own, some where she read that if i was bettering myself it was because i met someone else.

I got fat, she got fat, dumped fatty, started working again, wonder why i started that relationship when i was happy by myself to begin with.

Its not all girls but certain girls will do shit like this.

she´s stupid and you should leave her. i really hope she isnt with you just because of money.

>you