Friendly reminder

that low bar """squats""" aren't real squats.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw
startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/10030-olympic-squat-vs-starting-strength-squat.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>implying we dont know
low bar squat is just a meme we use to troll newfags along with ss and gomad

but i want to have juicy manbutt

if ur deadlifting theres no point in low bars lel

High bar squats work glutes too though

i had lmao0 glutes before I started doing hip extensions

probably because I had inactive glutes from sitting all my life

What if I have lower back issues and I'm specifically doing low bar because it targets that area better?

youtube.com/watch?v=nLVJTBZtiuw

>things dyels worry about

What a cuck

>trolling this hard
OP you forgot to add the creatine meme

thanks OP, couldn't decide which one to do tonight :^)

Knee problems inbound.

Not weighing lmao3pl8 protects us though

Back squats aren't real squats, only front squats are.

>being a low-bar pleb

>B-but muh eric faggotbridge

High bar has way more force on the knees and more forward knee travel which stress the palletar tendons more

>not doing superior front squats
>he cant atleast squat 3 plates for 12 Reps

wow OP, you sure are a moron

It doesn't really matter that much
This is overthinking

>Low/highbar so similar that they're regarded as the same exercise even by professionals
>Literally nobody cares
>Aside from a little taiwanese basket-weaving congregation

lmao I can GUARANTEE that all you squat like three plates.

Lol that guy in the back is doing the widest grip swing curls i ever seen

especially high bar squats.
the most glute activation is below parallel

lowbar allows for more weight which stresses the knees more

I see that the second rep is awful, but is the first rep that bad? I think this is about how it looks for me.

Low bar squats for glutes and hams
Front squats for quads

High bar squats for??? Practicing squatting down onto your boyfriends cock?

Low bar supplemented with front squats is perfect.
High bar is like fucking purgatory where no gains are made.

everyone is going to grind at 95%+, perfect form at really high percentages is almost impossible

This is how i squat, i can do triples with 3 plate

Good or bad

>asian manlet
Doesn't matter

excellent form
what do you do for assistance?

Great rom bro. Mirin.

Errr...leg curls and leg extensions?
I don't do other legwork apart from squats (front,back) and deadlifts (conventional, stiff leg). I don't even do lunges.

I find it easier to go deep and pop up than try to sustain parallel with my quads and hams. Is that bad?

nice samefagging. how insecure are you? get wl shoes, your ankle mobility is shit and ruining your form.

I do that too but it feels like cheating since I get a short 'rest' on the bottom

Im not samefagging sir
But how can you say i have bad anke mobility?

Oh I see. Im the opposite.
I feel like im cheating if I just tense up my quads and let them do the work all throughout

because it's visible. your hips are compensating for it and your back is rounding

I hated the use of metal for powerlifting but it was funny tho

The rounded back i can agree with. Buttwink kicks in when i hit the lowest i can go. It doesn't hurt anywhere at all, but it is visible in the mirror.

So how will weightlifting shoes help me in this? I was thinking i have more of a hip tightness issue than an ankle issue

this image is exaggerated but that's the basic idea. basically fake ankle mobility to make it less demanding on the hips

I squat like this, is it bad?

You got a little bit of butt wink at the bottom, which suggests to me that you have some stiff hips. Normally the wink happens as you unconciously (or conciously) adjust your posture at the bottom of the hole. Happens a lot when people go below parallel and don't have enough hip mobility.

But the escape from the hole was pretty strong.

>But how can you say i have bad anke mobility?
because shitty internet "coaches" will blame everything on "mobility". it never fails.

ok, that workout, everything felt like ass. no way 92.5% should have been that slow.

is this any better? I know the depth here is pretty shit

My left hip join is in pain on the drive up for my squat, what am I doing wrong?

I'm not nearly flexible enough for high-bar and neither should you be unless your a contortionist whore who doesn't care about strength.

>tfw even this oak's calves are small

Why is it so hard to get good calves Veeky Forums? Why are the gods so cruel?

I squat excacly the same high bar as low bar

>just dyel concerns
Seriously nobody cares

>I maintain that high-bar squats have a limited usefulness, for several reasons. I use the low-bar squat as the primary exercise for developing hip drive, the active recruitment of the muscles of the posterior chain. The hamstrings, adductors, and glutes in a low-bar squat act directly to open the hip angle out of the bottom. In a front squat the hamstrings are shortened by the acute knee angle and open hip angle into a position of almost complete contraction, and cannot be used to make the hips extend since they are already contracted. The extremely vertical back angle is maintained by the glutes and the contracted hamstrings, which function as the primary extensors of the hip in the absence of hamstring involvement. This means that there is little hamstring in a front squat and lots of hamstring in a low-bar back squat. And a high-bar back squat is intermediate between the two. I specifically want there to be lots of hamstring involvement in the squat, especially for Olympic weightlifters, most of whom refuse to/are not allowed to deadlift heavy and thereby get their hamstring work. If all your squat work -- front squats when you clean and when you do them out of the rack, and high-bar back squats -- omits heavy hamstring involvement, your posterior chain gets inadequate training. And this can be costly on a 3rd attempt clean.

>o, I want there to be shear stress on the back so that the muscles that control intervertebral position get strong. I want active use of the hamstrings, so that they get strong too. And this is why I like the low-bar back squat.

What did Mark Rippetoe meant by this?

source: startingstrength.com/resources/forum/mark-rippetoe-q-and-a/10030-olympic-squat-vs-starting-strength-squat.html

You fucking missed quads by 2 and you ask for advice here about a 500 lbs squat?

Are you legitimately retard?

what's wrong with asking for advice about a 500lb squat

Here is the normie translation :

>people should listen to me about weightlifting even though I've never trained any elite weightlifters. I trained some beginners to be moderately strong so this qualifies me as an authority to challenge decades of successful weightlifting trainers.

>m'gomad

Nothing at all. This is just the wrong place to ask. Outside of /plg/ and maybe /owg/ before all the tolerable trips left.

Everyone here will tell you to de load and work on perfect form 2pl8 squats until you can do them perfectly and with perfect form.

But, senpai!, you're using ad hominem instead of refuting his arguments

>this much broscience.
Front squats works the legs as hard as a back squat. The limiting factor in a front squat is your spinal erectors

>also buy my books

How is it even possible to lean forward that much on a front rack position without dropping the weight

Fuck that, if someone tells you that the moon is made of Macaroni, you don't have to argue against it.

I wonder how much Maki can squat.

What about front squats?

You don't HAVE TO, you can just ignore said person, but if you want to prove said person wrong, shouldn't you refute his/hers arguments? (they do have to provide arguments for such claim, that is)

She's not a big girl 4 u

He has trained elite lifters though and was trained by elites especially before the USA became a 37 ranking joke in the weightlifting olympics.

You can't refute every stupid thing people say. Go do low bar squats as a weightlifter I don't care. Do sumo deadlifts and bench press too. You can write a 40 page argument on why one exercise might help someone at something. You can theoretically argue about anything. That doesn't mean that in practice it will be true.

Yeah he's trained butt pirates

>Gets proven wrong
>Acts retarded
Every time.
Veeky Forums really is shit isn't it.

You do know that Bench press was done by all the pros just few years back when the press was part of the sport.
There's a reason Owg is a joke filled with dyels with little to no knowledge.

Well, maybe you can't becuase it would take too long and would be exhausting, but Rippetoe is presenting an argument based on premises, while you seem to disagree and argue something else while not providing premises of your own, nor refuting his argument... Senpai, why should someone take you more seriously than Rippetoe?

rip back

>this image is exaggerated

Jokes on you I am rippetoe and I was testing you

You are a good shill, come down to Wichita falls and I will train you to be strong

Nice man. Don't listen to any naysayers your form is damn good.

If you didn't get trips I would have been very insulted

And I'm not acting retarded

I am retarded. So joke is on you po boy

But it's not done anymore is it?

Get out you gremlin

Looks like by supporting the weight on your hands and wrists which is why he's only demonstrating with the bar.

...but senpai, now you're attacking me instead of refuting what I've said

I would like to be trained by Rippetoe, but he intimidates me, I don't want him to be mean to me.

Yeah, I squat 3 plates.

For 4x12 paused reps.

>I """squat""" like this, is it bad?

yes because you are confusing squats with good mornings

can you post your legs?

they look kinda small for that much weight

>can you post your legs?
Not right now, I'm a bit busy to be taking pictures of my legs
>they look kinda small for that much weight
Yeah I get it a lot that I'm stronger than I look, which is ok I guess, I'd rather that than the other way around

>this image
>it's not Trappy posting
Didn't even read desu

Leg extensions are awful for you be careful fampai

get some better shoes man, your balance is off and you are leaning forward.

I would totally violently shove my dick into her mouth.

My guess is your volume when squatting is too high and you got or is about to get an inflamation.

pents not quads you mong

it's called quints u moron

Literally all of you kill yourselves.
You good for nothing fucks.

o shit thats me on the left.. i wonder why my spine was hurting

God what an awful thread.

- Not much difference in high-bar/low-bar squat. Just do what feels comfortable and increase the weight.

- Front squat also not much different but you're limited by how well you can hold (rack) the weight and how upright you can remain on the ascent.

- All squats suck for hamstring involvement. Deadlift instead.

Also, stop getting trolled by the 500 manlet squatfag, fags.

>tfw doing squats wrong and fucking my knees up

You nitwit, the ONLY thing that actively extends the knee joint is the quadriceps. Therefore, provided you hit depth, low bar will work your quadriceps the same as any other style of squat to depth, pound for pound.

AND you can use heavier weights for lowbar squats, which make them indisputably better

The ONLY reason to front squat is to improve your ability to recover from the bottom of REALLY heavy cleans.

Not bad, but you are the one person on earth I've seen with your toes pointed TOO FAR out. Bring them back in to like 45 degrees or so.

And don't crane your wrist under the bar like that. It's a minor nitpick, but if your wrist is flat and above the bar, it will completely prevent an already really low risk for minor injury.

And get some actual weightlifting shoes. And probably a belt.

Depth on lowbar squats is usually a shorter ROM for the quads than for highbar, though not by a huge amount unless you're going full westside. And there's plenty of reasons to front squat beyond just being an oly lifter.

>I find it easier to go deep and pop up than try to sustain parallel with my quads and hams. Is that bad?

It might be because your lower back is flexing a bit, which is not good. You DO want to "bounce" a little bit to take advantage of that stretch reflex, but you don't want to wave your ass around the end of your spine. Be sure to keep your back flat, the spine is supposed to be locked in isometric extension such that it can function has a rigid segment to optimally transfer force along.

Though I can't tell if you're actually "buttwinking" from a still picture.

what's wrong with ss?

Somebody pls post bodorios low bar to confuse the dyels.