Why is Veeky Forums so obsessed with manchildren like Rich Piana, Zyzz...

Why is Veeky Forums so obsessed with manchildren like Rich Piana, Zyzz, and Jason Blaha but rarely discusses actual elite strength athletes like pic related, who is not only one of the best in the world at what he does, but seems like a genuinely nice person?

I mean Pianoman wears makeup, for Christ's sake. What's wrong with you people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gh5muG9zJ8c
youtube.com/watch?v=cIq3MmM_W78
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what is wrong with Veeky Forums

autism, trolling, and shitposting

manchildren like manchildren.

Personality > random fat guys

Those guys are more relatable to most of Veeky Forumss goals and mentality than someone like Shaw is.

By most accounts, Shaw is a nice enough guy outside of competition and a calculating motherfucker when it comes to anything involving the sport.

Because there is nothing to discuss with brian shaw.

You covered it all with your initial description of him.

He is too boring to be a meme.

What's wrong with Shaw's personality?

Zyzz was the only one of the above that actually looked good so I can see why people like him.

hes not mentally ill

He's the reigning World's Strongest Man champion. There are probably a dozen people in the world who can do what he does. How is that not interesting?

Or are you the kind of person who wouldn't enjoy watching Jerry Rice because he doesn't have a choreographed touchdown dance?

I love strongman, I wish I could go to the Europe's strongest man contest in a few days

He seems like a really down-to-earth guy. Loved his video on supertraining on the OHP - technique was mostly stuff I already knew but his ideas about always switching up workouts while making progress and always keeping things enjoyable seemed like a really great way to look at lifting or any athletic pursuit.

It is interesting.
I watch brian shaw vids all the time.
There is nothing to discuss

I was shockingly disapointed by that vid.
I was expecting some real brotips, but he gave basic bitch advice

But what's there to discuss about Zyzz? He looked good for a spell and now he's dead. All he does is be dead. And yet he still has threads devoted to him.

Fuark

Fokking sick cunt brah
U mirin brah?
Come at me bro
Brb sauna
Is this body attainable natty?
Fake zyzz death conspiracies.
He actually tripfagged on Veeky Forums

Tons of memeterial

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE WWYYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHH BBBYYYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
MAKE UP BBYYYYYAAAAAHHHH
THEY ARE CHILDISH I AM NOT WWWYYYAAAAAHH BBUYYYAAAAAHH

those faggots you mentioned either used to post here or spent dozens of hours per week posting on bb.com/youtube/whatever creating drama and touting their names

real athletes don't have time for the soap opera bullshit that goes on here

we talk about them because they market to us relentlessly

Banged sluts like we all dream of
Used to be a wow nerd
was a masterful facebook troll
Was genuinely hilarious

I could probably keep going...

You can't say this isnt grade A childish call of duty montage level of childish autism.

THIS NIGGA THINKS THIS FIGHT MONTAGE MAKES HIM LOOK BADASS LMAO

youtube.com/watch?v=Gh5muG9zJ8c

>But what's there to discuss about Zyzz?

you must not have been here when he was alive

he was constantly trolling and creating drama to talk about

i literally thought he was fucking with us when he died for about a month

But he's dead now. Shaw's going to be competing in WSM against Hafthor of Game of Thrones fame. How is that less interesting than some dead cunt with abs?

Deadlifting 10pl8 is a lot cooler than that shit though.

It is more interesting.

There is no memeterial and nothing to discuss

Nobody cares about fatties ego lifting.

There is nothing to talk about, you can post the event is coming up then post his score if you want

but it's not internet drama, it's not something to talk about

a thread about that will die and just get a few posts, the guy does not market to us he does not come here or tell us drama stories, he's not funny

why boxxy and not some other random girl or a prettier girl?

because she marketed to us

no it's not

nobody here wants to deadlift 10plate, everyone here wants to go from being a WoW faggot/internet nerd/loser to being ripped and banging hot girls like zyzz did

And it doesn't bother you eating shit directly out of Rich Piana's asshole?

no i recognize he is a joke

mainly a warning to avoid becoming like him

I want to go form wow faggot to diddlying 10pl8, I don't lift for women I lift because it is real fucking fun. I look forward to every session and strongman is both inspiring and engaging to watch as entertainment

I dunno. I think it's a lot cooler to lift even 4-5plate than being guy with abs guy. Particularly if your whole identity is just having abs.

good for you faggot you are in the extreme minority, as someone who knows what deadlifting 10plate would entail; well enjoy living your life around it, hurting yourself and probably never getting that strong

you would probably do better on a dedicated powerlifting board or newsgroup

Zyzz could dl 4-5plate no problem

man that was so cringe...can you imagine if that was your dad, and kids at school bught this vid up...

How can your identity being having abs? I've had abs almost my entire adult life and it's never been my entire identity.

your on fucking Veeky Forums of all places asking whats wrong with people are you that fucking dumb

youtube.com/watch?v=cIq3MmM_W78

Well, not really...

Yes, yes I am.

But still, what kind of adult enjoys this kind of teenage girl bullshit these youtube "celebrities" get involved in? Particularly when there's far better material from legit lifters who actually know what they're doing.

ugly form but he's doing it for reps during a workout...

we do

christ why are you here

is it your first day?

But he's doing it wrong. It's more than I can lift, sure, but why would you watch that when someone like Alan Thrall lifts just as much and actually has decent info on his channel?

I'm having one of my "try and understand why people so dumb" days.

But seriously though I know I won't ever contend Savickas or Shaw, I don't even want to use steroids. But they are inspiring for my own strength adventure and the same way my dad jumps up from his couch in excitement when his team scores a goal I jump from excitement when they do a good lift in strongman.

I'm on Veeky Forums for the memes though, just sad people don't care about this amazing sport

Because he's a legit, respectable strongman.

Piano and blaha are discussed because their autism is hilarious and unceasing.

we already told you why

also that video is meant to troll you, and you don't get it

YOU are fucking talking about him, don't you see? YOU made this thread. You have been trolled. Why do we talk about him? why do YOU talk about him

because he's a good fucking troll and he marketed to us

it gets old being a natty watching these guys after awhile imo

the only sport Veeky Forums cares about is Pro Trolling

I wear makeup too, what's wrong with that?

What do you suck diqqs or something?

I think because they represent extremes, much in the sense that cardinal virtues and cardinal sins exist. Not that they're necessarily exactly goals that we aspire to, but that they exhibit where the goals we aspire to can go wrong.
And maybe they achieved their particular goals, but I think that the majority of people on Veeky Forums aspire for success within appropriate moderation.

To continue with the virtue/sin analogy - consider that many here want to achieve that mediocrity-to-excellence status. But most, I think, don't want to die young. We focus on Zyzz because he exhibits the achievement of visual excellence from unimpressive beginning, but also exhibits the caution of indulging to excess.

Piana shows absurd dedication to achievement in sheer size. Many people on Veeky Forums want to get bigger, look bigger. But I doubt that many want to get so big that their body belongs to the chemicals that they put into it.
Piana then exhibits the loss of the way through the vanity of dysmorphia. We watch him to see what happens when your body is no longer your own.

Blaha actually doesn't have a horrible body. But it's not very good either. It's decent in size, but the fine details leave it visibly wanting.
Despite that, he insists on his own greatness. He makes absurd claims to greatness about himself, his life, his body, his achievements. He exhibits where delusion obscures the truth in relation to yourself.
I think Veeky Forums watches him because he acts as a reminder to view yourself honestly and critically. Recognize your assets as well as the areas that could use improvement, in your body and in your life. Blaha doesn't do this, but maybe it can be learned from?

I think that's the really consistent thing about these people. They put themselves out there, and we see unbalanced extremes. It's an illustrative lesson for the budding lifters and bodybuilders here.

yes. but never enough

True dat, as my friends whose lives matter would say.

Yeah, again, the stuff about the OHP wasn't much help at all, but I did like his philosophy.

Now that you mention it though, I'm feeling more disappointed - I feel like he could've broken off the latter half of the video into a nice segment about programming variation and how to keep lifting fun and then done a WAY MORE in-depth OHP vid with them.

>blaha doesnt actually have a horrible body
10/10 masterful b8

L-london?

jesus christ

Gimme sauce

naw. Are you really in london though?
I'd suck his dick too.
no idea.

Zyzz made fun of the bitches that these autists wanted but pretended to hate.

Why do you think fit girls threads or women advice threads get so much neckbeards that reply in
>2/10 would not bang

They see Zyzz as themselves someday. They want to reject women the way they were rejected.

>Why do you think fit girls threads or women advice threads get so much neckbeards that reply in
>fit girl threads

I, for one, like to masturbate to them.

>zyzz
>manchild
Dude was still a child when he died, barely an adult at the least

No, i was saying london as a subtle way to find out where you live.
Because asking outright is creepy and stalkerish, but no point in flirting if you are on the other side of the globe.

OK, but the point is, we already know how to reach a 9 plate deadlift (steroids, sleep, binging, no lifing, etc.), we just aren't that extreme, so there's not much interest. What is this fatty going to tell us that we don't already know?

well it's simple nobody cares about amazing athletes they're boring outside their respective sports

rich panini,jason blaha and zyzz are memes because they're so god damn autistic and there's a lot to talk about them. nobody wants to talk about normal people here if I wanted to do that I'd just go outside lad

Strongmen seem cool.

Australia's 2nd strongest man works at the gym I go to and he's a really fucking nice dude.

I guess they're just less entertaining.

Say what you want but Rich has a nice right round house.

Mr. Piano is easier to make memes out of.

he is not an attention seeking narcissist.

Yeah, but the guys you want to talk about get boring fast. Zyzz, Rich, Scooby, and Blaha are meme generators and this is Veeky Forums. This is not complicated, user.

>he is not an attention seeking narcissist.

this

>thread

Why is Veeky Forums so obsessed with muh strength instead of actually looking good and achieving that? Do you need to squat 315 in order to look good?

that was cringe-y

because you don't need to look good to look good, but you need tk be strong to lift shit up.

or get a crane.

Because of memes.

Jesus Christ how fucking new are you?

He's not mentally ill and thus not very relatable to by Veeky Forums.