Why was europe ahead of most of the world throughout history?

Why was europe ahead of most of the world throughout history?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_of_the_12th_century
medievalists.net/2010/12/medieval-england-had-a-per-capita-income-over-1000-research-shows/
sahistory.org.za/article/empire-mali-1230-1600
goethe.de/ins/us/saf/prj/stg/ger/inv/enindex.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_inventions_and_discoveries
public.media.smithsonianmag.com/legacy_blog/06_21_2013_periodic-table.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>throughout history
lmao

Lots of arable land. Lots of rivers for travel and transport. The above promotes lots of war, meaning the untermensch were constantly darwined out of the gene pool.

>Throughout history

Not until the industrial revolution, you mean. It took them that long to surpass the chinks.

Show me non-white architecture that's remotely comparable to Gothic art.

That babies face is my reaction image to OPs dumbass question.

Are you even trying?

[300 posts of "ancient middle-east was ahead" and "greece and italy aren't europe"]

>throughout history
China has spent by far the most time on top of the world in terms of empire size, strength and innovation.

But the reason that Europe has been as successful as it has in my mind is the high level of competition between states. Warfare mandates high rates of innovation and that leads to a nuclear arms race of sorts between European states

Not until the Great Divergence.

It's true. They passed up most of the world by the middle ages but they didn't pull away from China until the beginning of the industrial revolution.

India, east Asia and the Islamic world had some exceptional architecture.

From Roman era to Spanish Empire, First French Empire, British Empire.

Hurts just looking at those teeth

>built in 1643AD

The right latitude and proper herding animals.

Hell, I'd argue that middle-ages Mali was more advanced than many parts of contemporary Europe, particularly anglo-saxon Britain and Finland.

China had dozens of internal wars; their main limiting factor was that they had shitty desert to the west, frozen plains full of horse archers to the north, shitty jungle to the south and really not much besides Japan to the east.

Mali was more advanced than High middle age Europe?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_of_the_12th_century

Define advanced for me, please.

Mali didn't even have a standardized currency nor did they produced their own coins despite the amount of gold they had.

I'm sorry, I didn't see the time frame that was posted.

>Anglo-Saxon Britain

:^)
Please, go on.

What does that have to do with anything?

Whoah guys, let's hear him out. We wouldn't want to be prejudiced, after all. Maybe he's going to deconstruct our preconceived notions.

:^s

This is subjective.

I was thinking more earlier middle ages, and the tribal northern parts.

Damn. What if everything was subjective, all along? Maybe, sloths or pigs are the truly advanced ones compared to us. Makes you think, doesn't it?

So you're telling me having a standardized currency isn't a necessity for an advanced civilization? Then tell how Mali was more advanced than Europe during the High Medieval ages.

You mean like Scandinavia? You're Cherry picking.

>So you're telling me having a standardized currency isn't a necessity for an advanced civilization? Then tell how Mali was more advanced than Europe during the High Medieval ages.

Did the kingdom of Northumbria have a standardized currency?

>You mean like Scandinavia? You're Cherry picking.

I did say 'many parts', how is that cherry picking? I'm not stupid enough to group all Europeans into a single group. Especially in the middle ages.

Again, explain to me how Mali was more advanced.

More cities.

What's your definition of city? Paris had a population of 225,000 in the 1300's.

>make some columns
>make some coloured glass windows
>???
>have sub-80 iq supremacists fap over your building some centuries later

If you have nothing relevant to say, then fuck off and stop wasting my time.

>explain to me how Mali was more advanced.
They had kangs and sheeit.

From Alexander the Great to now.
Most of relevant history, that's for sure.

It got ahead mostly after 17th century, when colonization game begun to yield huge profits to European states.

Nope.
medievalists.net/2010/12/medieval-england-had-a-per-capita-income-over-1000-research-shows/

>
>The researchers also conclude the economic development in Western Europe was already reaching the prosperity found in Asia during the Later Middle Ages and Early Modern Period. Professor Broadberry adds, “Our research shows that the path to the Industrial Revolution began far earlier than commonly has been understood. A widely held view of economic history suggests that the Industrial Revolution of 1800 suddenly took off, in the wake of centuries without sustained economic growth or appreciable improvements in living standards in England from the days of the hunter-gatherer. By contrast, we find that the Industrial Revolution did not come out of the blue. Rather, it was the culmination of a long period of economic development stretching back as far as the late medieval period.”

How the fuck do they not get lip infections and die?

>I'd argue that middle-ages Mali was more advanced than many parts of contemporary Europe
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

>Sumer
>Egypt
>Harappa and Mohenjo Daro
4/10 for making me reply, /pol/ly

>Why was europe ahead of most of the world throughout history?
WE

But the internal wars always resulted in a dinasty dominating everything, instead of smaller states that'd retreat while licking their wounds and preparing themselves for the next scrap.

The Trypillian culture predates Sumer and Egypt mind you.

Did they leave anything written behind?

they were black

Pretty sure not.

The earliest civilizations were basically hunter-gatherer nomads that had settled down as city-dwellers.... which is basically why they all failed. There was no social stratification, no priestly class or monarchs, and the economy seemed to have been very simplistic. Turns out hunter-gatherer societal norms don't scale all that well. Then, when the great river civilizations we all remember come around, suddenly we have intense social stratification with very explicit priestly and warrior classes.

Technically no, but that doesn't change the fact that the Trypillian culture was building large cities before the Sumerians.

And they were white europeans who praised Jesus Christ even before the bible was writen

this, they were black

How many times was language invented during human history anyway? Indian Americans, sometime during the Middle East (mostly as a byproduct of bureaucracy) - where else?

There's a lot of WNs who really hate christianity.

Europe was always 15000 years behind the Incas.

>tfw 90.1% of my ancestry comes from grey or dark grey
suck my dick whitey

So you're saying that Europe was relevant between classical antiquity and Spain? Please tell me about this period of time and what it meant for Europe, it appears that public education has failed me.

>already reaching
>reaching
>not there yet
>on a good trend line to surpass it later in the future
So you agree with him that China was ahead of Europe until the 1600s or so.

"Already reaching" basically means roughly the equivalent.

A healthy mix between internal stability and external instability. Plus cold weather.

Ah ok, I'm not 100% up to date with historical economics (I used to fucking love reading about how finance worked in the distant past as a kid, but once I got a job I had to stop pretty much).

They used various thing based on the region but it still was currency. Gold dust, salt, cotton cloth

They were proto-cities like Jericho and Çatalhöyük due to lacking planning and centralized rule, although larger. The first "true cities" are still Sumerian.

Okay, what were their settlements like? How effective was their military? How did they utilize resources? Or what about their educational system? Is there anything that would imply that the Mali empire was more advanced than Europe at the time?

>the nigger's dick needs to be censored so no one can see how small it is
Absolutely pathetic

sahistory.org.za/article/empire-mali-1230-1600

Yeah it seems like Mali was heavily influenced by Islamic culture and even had Arabs and Berbers micro-manage the kingdom. It wasn't comparable to what Europe had.

>ahead of most of the world
>throughout history
It wasn't.

WE

What do you mean WE, retard? Fact is Europe has only been dominant the last four or five centuries with the West being the dominant sphere.

Europe was superior to China up until ~500AD, when a combination of the fall of the Roman Empire and the start of China's golden age under the Tang pushed China ahead for the first time in history.

China only spent a little over a thousand years at the top, between approximately AD500 and AD1700. Contrast that with the middle east, which since the start of civilisation has probably had about four thousand years of being the most advanced region on Earth.

The idea that China has always been a super-advanced civilisation is a myth, which probably stems from the fact that it hit its peak right as Europe was hitting its nadir. In comparison to the Roman Empire, Han China was far less economically advanced. Obviously the way we think about China is also skewed by the fact that coming from an English speaking culture we tend to automatically think of Northern Europe when talking about Europe, which really isn't an accurate way of looking at things.

>Fact is Europe has only been dominant the last four or five centuries with the West being the dominant sphere

What do you mean as "dominant". The concept of "global power" didn't even exist until Europeans started colonizing the world.

Oh yeah how the fuck did I forgot about the glorious Empire of Mali?

What is advancement to you?
Is a guy with down syndrom and a dick-shaped gold nugget up his ass more advanced than a robotics scientist without such blessed rectum?

Europe had the old Roman world to get some ideas from, Mali had the Arabic world that also had the roman world to get ideas from. Civilization is a game of memes when you get down to it. What ideas spread to where.

The seas by the coast of west Africa was not a connector like you might think, people wouldn't really sail down to africa because the currents went one-way only (until people discovered that if you go towards the canary islands, you can then go back to Europe from there without fighting contrary currents) and the coasts were barren and lacked fresh water, making it a deadly bitch to try to sail back to Europe (would you go on a one-way trip to Africa?). So every idea that had to get to Mali had to go through the Sahara desert. And I'm not sure when the camel was introduced to the region either but until it was it must have been ever harder to cross the Sahara before it was.

East Africa was more advanced than west Africa, which was more advanced than central and south Africa which was even further away from the exchange of ideas. Italy was more advanced than the franks who were more advanced than the anglo-saxons who were more advanced than the Finns. Ancient Romans were more advanced than the Gauls who were more advanced than the forest dwelling Germans who were more advanced than the cannibals some people think were the ancestors of the slavs. you get the idea.

Ah yes, the famed robotic scientists of 800s Ireland.

The Germans built this independently.

Celts built that. Celts lived in what is today southern germany.

>but muh Mali
>game of memes

Pick one ...

You whole comment is nothing but apologetic and off-topic!

>Ah yes, the famed robotic scientists of 800s Ireland.
It is entertaining how you behave like a negroid by lashing out in all directions. Seems I touched a nerve.

Robotic scientist was just an example of a symbol for advancement, because you know ... if you are a robotic scientist and you don't advance then you will suck cock and propably never really catch up again.

>Pick one ...

What?

>You whole comment is nothing but apologetic and off-topic!

How so?

>Robotic scientist was just an example of a symbol for advancement, because you know ... if you are a robotic scientist and you don't advance then you will suck cock and propably never really catch up again.

Explain.

What exactly was going on in Europe pre-Rome, again? Minor Greek civilizations busy collapsing in the Bronze age? Unless your adding the middle east to Europe for some reason, I don't see how China isn't being more successful than a literal wilderness until the classical era begins to peak around Alexander and Roman times.

>What?
Either Mali is the great empire untold or it was (and is) a shithole, because they didn't had any access to the game of memes.
You don't understand your own metaphor?

>How so?

OP asked why european nations won the game of civilization and altered the whole world.
You didn't answer the question, instead you apologized for your Great Empire of Mali.

>Explain.
What to explain?
Seems like you are the guy with down syndrome. But I bet your dick shaped nugget is either your shitty opinion or your dragon dildo.

Ever heard of Celtic Oppida?

ITT: WE WUZ ROMANZ N GREEK

Wait, your actually going to claim the Celts were a more advanced and successful civilization than the Warring States or Zhou? I don't think I've ever seen anyone else try that one, and I've seen a lot of historical revisionism on Veeky Forums.

The rebuttal I gave was the nonsense of the other guy claiming Europe has "always" been dominant historically, which is factually untrue.

Didn't necessarily said that although there was a lot of activity in bronze age Europe. Like astronomy

better question is why is the BLACK MAN so ahead of wh*tebois who took hundreds of years to learn a fractin of what the black GODS knew

>OP specifies as Europe
>OOGA BOOGA THOSE DON'T COUNT

Every time.

>Either Mali is the great empire untold or it was (and is) a shithole, because they didn't had any access to the game of memes.

Well, 'great empire' is subjective and their connection with the outside world really only started with the camel, they had rough parity with some parts of Europe for a time, fell into decline while Europe advanced, and that's history. I don't get what's so controversial.

>(and is) a shithole

Why do you feel the need to point that out? Stop acting like your feelings are hurt in an intellectual debate.

>OP asked why european nations won the game of civilization and altered the whole world.

And I explained why. I was using Mali as an example of why a particular people didn't. You can extend that reasoning to many other peoples and why or why they did X thing.

>You didn't answer the question, instead you apologized for your Great Empire of Mali.

Your a retard.

>better question is why is the BLACK MAN so ahead of wh*tebois who took hundreds of years to learn a fractin of what the black GODS knew

Your that same guy, aren't you?

Back to >>pol and stay the fuck there, nazi.

You wouldn't know what a Nazi was if it took a massive shit on your fucking face.

You are totally ignoring that indo-europeans brought the vedic religion + vedic sanskrit to India.

Europeans literally created Hinduism and that even resulted in Buddhism.
Therefor Europeans altered China aswell.
(YES that happened before the Zhou dynasty existed!!!)

>And I explained why. I was using Mali as an example of why a particular people didn't

So you basically just wanted to say that Europeans were not better, just more privileged?

Nothing else to say here.

Because your understanding of progress is eurocentric OP

Short story:
goethe.de/ins/us/saf/prj/stg/ger/inv/enindex.htm

Long story:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_inventions_and_discoveries

>"eurocentric"
public.media.smithsonianmag.com/legacy_blog/06_21_2013_periodic-table.jpg

>thinking indo-europeans literally means Celts came and brought civilization to India and the East

Why are nazis so retarded, fuck

So your feelings ARE hurt?

Anyways, I gave no such comment on genetics and how that might have effected things, because frankly despite how passionate some of us may believe one way or another, we just don't have enough conclusive real data. Its complicated yo. But the exchange of ideas is real and good climate and geography also really important to development.

organized religion and written language plays a role, trade and diplomacy plays a role. The printing press was huge in spreading ideas. It would at least explain why some Europeans were more advanced than other Europeans. Did you not think westerners weren't making fun of Austria-Hungary at the time as superstitious backwards weirdos?

>progress is a good thing

> Why was europe ahead of most of the world throughout history?
It wasn't, at the start of history the middle east was ahead. The Persians built the largest empire, and the Semitic Phoenicians built the greatest navy. The more advanced civilizations led to them to be the aggressors against the earlier civilizations of the Europeans. The Greeks were the invaded by the Persians and the Romans were invaded by the Semitic Carthaginians. By considerable effort, the Greeks and Romans were able to save Greco-Roman civilization. The Romans built the greatest civilization though others like the Chinese weren't far behind.

Definitive worldwide hegemony came with the industrial revolution of Northwestern Europe. Although, this also had the consequence that most of Southern Europe and Eastern Europe was left behind as well, so even within Europe the development was far from even.

You came here to shill for muh equality and white privilege. Now live with the label, kiddo.

Not an argument.