What are some of the instances of the colonizer/conquer fading into irrelevance and the colony/vassal becoming the...

What are some of the instances of the colonizer/conquer fading into irrelevance and the colony/vassal becoming the dominant one of the two?

Hard mode, no United States or Brazil.

I'd say Spain, but their case is about being as irrelevant as their colonies.

Britain India/Pakistan

The vassals of the different waves of steppe nomads?

Pretty much everyone that those guys conquer but don't destroy ends up outlasting the steppe people's empire that conquered them.

I'd say Mexico may surpass Spain if they keep developing.

Rome. When the eastern provinces (Greece, Egypt, Anatolia, Syria, etc.) began to rapidly outstrip the western provinces (even Latium itself paled after a certain point), the capital got moved to the east.

us is mostly white you fucking dumb europoor

>us is mostly

Mongolia and China

Turkey and any Turkic country

or mongolia and russia, or mongolia and almost anything else they rode through

Either way, Latinos seem to represent Spanish speakers now more than Spain.

That or I may be just American.

Carthage/Canaan
Marseilles/Phocaea
Naples/Rhodes

Netherlands-Indonesia are equal right now I would say

>us is mostly white you fucking dumb europoor

Not sure if it counts, but the spanish in the Kingdom of Naples had to learn neapolitan instead of the neapolitans having to learn spanish.

Manchuria. Original home of the Qing dynasty, which ruled China for three centuries. Now most Manchus are actually ethnic Han.

>Tony di palermo from the pizza store in New Yarkh is consider white
>she's not
Amerimutt strike again

t. eternal m*Ttoid

Anything dutch

Russia> Ukraine

What prompted this response?

retards like you make it so embarrassing to be American on the internet mate

UK/Pakistan

>t.

Phoenicia/Carthage

Maybe this counts, the Zhou were a minor military Ally/buffer state between Shang dynasty China and steppe nomads, during the pre-imperial period, who were semi-nomadic themselves. Eventually they took on an increasingly large portion of the Shang's military affairs and were somewhat assimilated into the Chinese cultural sphere. Then when the Shang had become weak and complacent they decided to just conquer China for themselves.

After the Zhou conquest the king's uncle (known as the Duke of Zhou to later historians) invented the idea of "mandate of heaven" as a self justification for the war. The Shang had a concept of "heaven" as the combined will of the ancestors, and the king justified his authority by saying he had the most powerful ancestors and a supernatural affinity for divination. But there was no mandate of heaven as such. According to the Zhou though, the last Shang king was SO bad that he lost the mandate even though such a concept did not yet exist. According to the Duke a favorite pastime of the last Shang monarch was spending time relaxing with his courtiers in his artificial lake that was filled with wine rather than water, that had islands you could raft to where the trees had meat stocked on the branches. Such decadence offended the ancestors, and the date of the Shang was sealed.

You N'wah

Indonesia is more important than the Netherlands
Rome outshone the Greeks despite being founded by Hellenic colonialists long prior

Rome was Eutruscan, not hellenic.

second Indonesia

This.

Nineveh / Babylon

Oman. Eventually their East African empire got so lucrative the Sultan just packed up and left for Zanzibar.

Prognosed to be #6 economy in the world in 10 years or so innit?

Would you wanna live in a place where quite literally everyone is chewing khat?

>us is mostly white

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry, retards, are we below 50% white like your Londonistan shitholes? No? Then we're mostly white, dumb fucks.

t. False-flagging european
Im on to you shifty fucks

The....thread is not about being white or not
Niggq what

Well technically 56% is "mostly white".

>t. False-flagging european
Yes because America only has 1 time zone, the Western, right? Fuck off.

What?
I'm in eastern you dumbfuck
I meant because that was making us look bad so i assumed it was a fucking european having a giggle
It's not based on timezones retard

How am I making us look bad? We ARE mostly white, retard.

There's always one

Where the fuck did this even come from? It is has nothing to do with the thread's subject.

>@3781266

Why the fuck are you retards giving this low level bait so many (You)s? It probably wasn’t even an American who posted this.

>Macedonia becomes Persian satrapy
>they learn Persian empire building tricks
>use them to conquer Greece
>conquer all of Persia

Then Macedonia became irrelevant again and the Hellenic successosuccessors thrived so it came to full circle.

*successor kingdoms

Stop making us look bad

vice your deli?

I think it's clamp your ham

Thats actually the only one of them I actually laughed at,

Tyre founding Carthage