Runs 4-5 miles 6 days a week

>runs 4-5 miles 6 days a week
>30 minutes of weight training 3-4 times a week
>750 calorie deficit daily for the past 5 weeks, minus two days
>clean foods like veggies and lean meat mostly with maybe a small bag of chips once or twice a week.
>only lost 3 pounds so far

What am I doing wrong Veeky Forums? Should I work out oven harder? Cut harder? Cleaner diet? Or am I wrong, and is this reasonable progress?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmir2s4GUgo
symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight
youtube.com/watch?v=8ThUxg1hrrU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5bFy_WHYLI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MFo_wQq8M3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*work out even harder

You have shit genetics if what you're saying is true. Sorry.

Smoke crack. Tends to help get the pounds off.

>You have shit genetics
Unless you are implying his genetics are impairing his mathematical or truth telling abilities you are a fucking retard.

This is true. Most of my family members are rly fat. I've been there myself. I started at 230 2 years ago, down to 170 now. Want to at least get to 160 so I've been getting more serious about it, but it's a lot harder to lose fat now than at 230 lol

1lb per week is a great sustainable target, if you aren't happy at 2-3months you can reevaluate

>with maybe a small bag of chips once or twice a week.

we all know that's more than that
cut it all, or don't progress

>Muh genetics.

Stop doing aerobic cardio immediately

Anaerobic cardio only.

Cortisol is fucking you like it fucked me for a good year. Also gene expression for fat retention, decreased leptin sensitivity, fucked up ghrelin production, and a bunch of other fucked up shit that is programming your body to stay fat.

Do anaerobic cardio instead. Burpees, hill sprints, kettlememes, barbell complexes, dumbbell complexes etc...

You want to source energy from muscle glycogen, rather than fat oxidation.

As the glycogen will be replenished either from gluconeogenesis>glycogenesis from fat reserves, or simply from sugars you eat.

Point is, it changes nutrient partitioning so that it is eating fat reserves to replenish glycogen, which your body is being programmed to believe is a more valuable energy, because it uses it every fucking day
t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

Outside of that, could be some discrepancies in your caloric estimations.
Do you use a food scale?

A few questions:

>How long have you been doing cardio?
>How long have you been lifting?

Studies have shown that when you first start lifting/cardio you will stall your weight loss as your body clings to glycogen to facilitate the exercise you're doing. After a few weeks this process lets up and you'll get back to losing weight.

>How many times a day do you eat?

Every time you spike insulin you're putting your body into 'building' mode. As long as insulin is in your bloodstream your body simply can't use its fat stores. This is half the reason why intermittent fasting is so successful.

Keep it up, and remember that it's a marathon not a race.

>runs half way down the street and back
>I think I just ran like 2 miles
>Why didn't I lose weight?

>that subtle, sweet mix of trollie as shit broscience and almost correct but deliberately missing the point technical terms. I love it.

Very interesting, thank you for the response! I incorporate anaerobic portions into my 5 miles (1 mile uphil, 1 mile sprint, etc), but could definitely add to it.

It's also very possible I underestimate my caloric intake on occasion, but I'm positive for the past 5 weeks I've only been under maintanence twice. Do you recommend increasing my calorie cut to 1000 calories daily so I go to the theoretical 2 lbs lost per week range?

Fuck you.
I was 260lb down to 170, also aiming for 160 (closer to 157, so i can gain back 3ln water weight)

I was born fat (10lb baby) was fat my entire childhood, and adult life until like this year.

My dad is still fat and possibly dying from it (he has pulled every excuse in the book, from "muh thyroid" to "it is more complicated than just calories, son" and all those classic fatty tactics)

I got the fats too.

Your problem is that now that you are actually somewhat lean, you are appraching your set point.

You gotta break through that shit.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmir2s4GUgo
Cut out the aerobics ASAP
You will thank me.

If your are able to do your cardio for more than 45-60 consecutive seconds, it is NOT intense enough, and you are entering cortisol town.
Go harder.

calorie deficit daily for the past 5 weeks, minus two days
Whoa there buddy. You doing cheat days or something? You can't do fucking cheat days.

I've been losing ~1.5 lbs/week on a somewhat inconsistent 500 cal cut doing more weights than you but way less aerobics.

Tell me what you think is wrong, and i will elaborate on precisely why and how you are a dumbass.

Make it quick, i gotta leave for work soon

If your are able to do your cardio for more than 45-60 consecutive seconds, it is NOT intense enough

This is what fatties actually think

40 minute run is my absolute minimum, times with a stopwatch. Underestimating the exercise I'm already doing isn't the problem.

>clean foods
hahaha

What is your height and weight?

I swear to god, I half expect you to say ,
>6'2"
>145 lbs

>MAYBE a SMALL bag of CHIPS

It is true.

I use barbell complexes for this bery reason.

If i can last more than 60 seconds, i add 5-10lbs

If i can sprint more than 60 seconds, i am not sprinting hard enough.

If i can do push ups for more than 60 seconds, i am not pushing explosively enough.

You can always push yourself harder, no matter how fit you are.

If not, do a cardio that allows you to add weight

5'11" 169 lbs this morning

>The bag one size down from the Family size
>Small bag

>If i can sprint more than 60 seconds, i am not sprinting hard enough.
>If i can do push ups for more than 60 seconds, i am not pushing explosively enough.

What the fuck is wrong with you, Veeky Forumsggots? You're tiny.

Good god

Body fat %?

Or pics

What are your lifts

Lifts the 2lb pink weights I bet. At 169lbs I don't expect he can be very strong

Go do clapping push ups, clapping at least 3 times, for 60 full seconds.

Then you will understand intensity can come from explosivity or weight.

I can rep out normal push ups for 3 minutes straight.

Easy.

Because i am not pushing explosively.

same goes for sprinting.

You have never pushed yourself hard enough.

Endof.

Lol people are really honing in on that bad of chips. When I get the bag, I encorporate it into my food for the day so I'm still at a deficit. Better food is room for improvement, but I think something else is going on.

Let's keep the discussion good though, I'm liking this feedback.

How many pushups can you do in those 3 minutes?

You do realize that is like the natty limit for his height at 8% bf, right?

The most i did in a single set was 293

I didnt time myself

You need to cut the shit and lift. you are severly underweight. Once you have muscle you will actually burn calories and be in a deificit. Nobody burns cals in aushwitz mode.

Not an exact value, but I'd say around 15%. Want to get down to 10. I get in 3-4 sets of bench presses at 120 lbs. not great but not bad.

What could I be doing more in the gym for weight loss?

How the fuck is that possible?

I can lose 3 pounds in a week on a deficit with just 3 days of cardio and regular training.
I can't understand how all of that could be true OP. You sure you aren't bending the truth here?

Only other thing I can think is that you're already very low bodyfat to the point where a 750cal deficit isn't enough.

If you're over 10% bodyfat and having this problem then I don't know what's wrong with you.

>Hey Veeky Forums I'm working out a lot and eating what I think is pretty good, and I'm making progress at a totally normal rate
>YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR ENTIRE TRAINING REGIME, YOUR NORMAL WORKOUTS ARE IN FACT FUCKING YOU UP AND MAKING YOU FATTER BY BURNING FAT THE WRONG WAY. READ MORE ABOUT IT HERE.

T-nation posting should be a bannable offense.

>15lb under the natty limit is auschwitz
symmetricstrength.com/calculator/ideal_bodyweight
Go and stay go, rippetoe.

We arent all trying to be 200lb at 19% bodyfat

You do realize that he obviously hasn't achieved this "natty limit" yet, right?
Nor will he if he continues cutting, right?

>a small bag of chips once or twice a week.

nvm just saw this.

Yeah, there's your problem OP.

Which one of these guys is you?
youtube.com/watch?v=8ThUxg1hrrU

just sprint nigga
i unintentionally got lean as fuck doing uphill sprint sets every other day when i was >depressed, despite it giving me a relentless appetite and my caloric intake being massive

You do realize i didnt imply that, right?

This is interesting. My general plan was to clean cut to about 10%bf then start focusing on muscle gain. I don't feel underweight though; in fact I feel I still have a lot of fat I want to lose.

>293 consecutive pushups
My sides have gone into orbit around Jupiter

I Use proper form,, but i did rest between reps long enough to tak two breaths

You do realize you have autism, right?

As someone who is on the HIIT, testosterone train. I can tell you that this is bullshit.

I was also on an extreme regiment of a caloric deficit of 50%, while on keto, and I lost more than just water weight. It didnt get rid of the stomach fat, but shit, it got me out of overweightness easy.

The HIIT and focus is only good to get rid of the skinnyfat stomachfat that remains. But before that, most people are just fat, just long cardio while not eating enough (carbs) will go a long way to get you thin.

Dont listen to these mark rippetoe parrots.

You do NOT need to reach your natty limit before you cut,

If you finish cutting to 10% you will literally look better as an otter than 99% of these people giving you advice.

>he only does the last two digits in push up threads
Lmaoing @ ur life

I bet you think it is hard to bench 2pl8x15

Drop and give me 607!

Here's a photo of my (OP's) physique for reference. I could've taken a more flattering pic, but I think this one shows the body fat I want to lose better.

5'11" 169 lbs

It seems that everyone underestimates the amount of calories they eat per day when they start learning about diet and such. Try counting every single thing you put into your body for a week, or even a month and reasses from there. You're probably just at maintainence most of the days if you're losing that slowly. Either that or your TDEE calculations are wrong. And how much are you cheating those two days?

Ok, but only if i can do it in two sets

Just start lifting like you mean it. Replace the fatz with gainz.

calorie deficit daily

What are you basing this number on?

When you first start out, you won't actually know what your TDEE is. You can get an ESTIMATE from an online calculator, but that's just an estimate. So you won't actually know what number to eat 750 under. You have to just watch what happens to your weight over the course of a month or so, and from THAT you should be able to calculate YOUR specific TDEE.

It sounds like your TDEE is actually a few hundred lower than you think it is, and that's screwing up your math.

But you can't do both at the same time and I want to lose this damn belly fat :(

Keep cutting.

10000000%

Count calories more accurately.
Anaerobic cardio only.
Try fasting intermittently (helps my cuts be breezy easy)

>People itt saying this is the natty limit

wew

I use myfitnesspal.com to calculate my macros daily. To be fair I'm a little more relaxed about using it now since I mostly eat the same foods and can count them in my head.

I use it again when I eat food I'm not used to counting calories for though.

What do you mean fasting intermittently?

Take vitamins and running doesn't burn that much fat compared to sprints.

>at the same time

Good thing there are multiple times over the course of the day, right??
m.youtube.com/watch?v=k5bFy_WHYLI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MFo_wQq8M3Q

What vitamins do you recommend?

That is not what i said, tard. Do you even reading comprehension?
I said there is no point in bulking until you get to your natty limit before you cut.

You can cut even with a lower FFMI than OP has, and end up looking fine.

You sir, need to workout your obliques more.

>1 mile sprint

You know how I know you're fatasfatass who can't track shit?

One that includes omega 3's. Vitamins C, D, B, M, A and Z all effect testosterone significantly. Weight loss supplements will help for two reasons:
>the proven clinical effects
>taking them makes you stay invested in your diet
I recommend CLA and stimulant fat burner of your choice.

Ok. Assuming your counts are accurate, then what's probably happening is:

Let's just say for example you are eating 1500 a day, and you are working under the assumption that your TDEE is 2250, which should give you a 750 deficit. But in reality, your TDEE is actually more like 1800-1900, so what you THINK is a 750 deficit is actually more like 300-400.

what are you trying to cut down to? You don't have enough muscle to bother with a cut, all you will end up doing is looking like an auschwitz skelly. Lift more.

Well it is different for everyone.

Some fast 16 hours and eat 8 (you are sleeping 8 hours, so ot is an 8 hour waking fast, not necessarily consecutive). Some do 20:4 (i generally aim in between this and 18:6).

I personally just fast until about 5-5:30pm, eat a good 700 kcal pre-workout, then lift big, or do anaerobic cardio hard, follow that up with an 900kcal post workout, and generally try to get all the food in by 9pm.

I am not super autistic about eating windows, last night i ate until 11, and i domt even give a fuck.

Fasting is a tool to make things easier to abide by a caloric deficit. It should not be an extra set of "rules" you force upon yourself and stress yourself out with.

Interesting, why would mine be lower than what myfitnesspal puts me at?

>trusting mfp
There's your problem.

Iifym.com is best.

because it's an estimation, cmon bruh, did you really have to ask that? the more you post the less i believe you're actually doing what you're saying

I dunno. Like I say online calculators just give you an estimate to use as a starting point. They have a tendency to overestimate the calories burned by exercise, which isn't as much as people think.

It does take some trial and error on your part to dial in the numbers just right. I know it's discouraging to not see the results you want right away - I've been there myself, 9 months ago I made pretty much the exact same post, and now I'm down 50 pounds.

Have faith. If your math is good, and you maintain the deficit, you WILL lose the weight. The human body literally CAN'T function any other way.

Oooh this is some good feedback, I've been basing the calories I burn off of what mfp tells me I burn. I'll compare what it tells me to other calculators.

I would say just ditch the calculators at this point, and go off of what YOUR body is actually doing. You know how many calories you're eating, and you know how much weight you're losing. Based on that, you should be able to solve for TDEE. Then simply readjust your calorie deficit based on THAT number.

Dear God, pick up a sandwich and eat it. Pick up a weight too (dont eat it). Actually, nevermind, go ahead and eat that too, you need all the help you can get.

I'm really interested in this. Are you saying just "eat by feel", where I only eat when I'm hungry kind of thing?

Lol really? My fat still jiggles dude.

Get bent. He's right. Also it's hard to measure cortisol build up, but repeated long distance running will cause it.

Are you retarded?
Honestly.
Use your brain. Stupid cunt.

Hill sprints are goat

Not necessarily, I'm just saying work backwards to calculate your TDEE.

If you know you're eating, say, 2000 calories a day, and you're losing, say, 3/5 of a pound a week, then 3500 * .6 / 7 = 300. You are ACTUALLY eating at a 300 calorie deficit, despite what the calculator says, so your TDEE is 2300. If your weight loss goal is 1.5 pounds a week then drop your calorie intake to 750 below THAT, which equals 1550.

I see now, thank you!

Not Op but this was inspirimg

bruh a 750 calorie deficit for your fatass is still too much food

smfh fat lard's probably shifted his daily eating habits from 4000 calories to 3250 calories lmao