When did you realize that you weren't going to make it?

When did you realize that you weren't going to make it?

I haven't realized it yet, but on the one hand I want to be lean and on the other hand I want to squat 200kg soon. I don't think I can do both. Not this year anyway

when I realised that I started lifting 14 months ago and I still can't bench 1 plate for reps

in my defence i started out not even being able to bench the bar, and i have lots of other excuses, but it is still unfathomably embarassing.

and then i come here and most people start benching 1pl8 and are at 2pl8 by now and it just makes me feel defeated and small. which i am, natch.

Everyone starts somewhere different, ect.

FUCK OFF MAKI YOU AUTISTIC SMALLDICKED TRANNYCHASER

I'll never realize it. I'll continue to not realize it until I do make it.

Eat shit.

doesn't really matter if you have talent or not (unless you have a shit ton of it). lifting is a very personal journey and even if you were benching 2pl8 by now you'd still realize that it wouldn't be possible for you to get anywhere near the best in the world. every lifter who tries very hard will eventually see his limitations, and the vast majority of us then realize that we'll never be more than medicore lifters.

Hey me too dude, now I can 100lb

Pretty much last year it hit me I think. I realized I simply do not have the muscle insertions, frame and fat storage pattern to achieve that "aesthetic" physique look - at least naturally, but even unnaturally really. My pelvic bone is too wide and my fat stores all around my lower back - I also have a lot of visceral fat and slow metabolism.

That's okay though man, because once you realize what your genetics have given you, you can begin fitness for the goal of becoming the best you can be. Your expectations drop really.

It's just the way it is man - and in reality, people don't really give a shit as much as you think they do. You either will be valued for pure superficial reasons based on your body, or you will be valued for what you contribute to society and who you are as a person. I know it's hard for people to understand on Veeky Forums looking for that aesthetic physique to grant them the lifestyle of the gods type shit with fucking pussy left and right - but then you realize more guys who are not in shape are doing that already and while having a good body will help, you're going to need more than just that - and chances are if you are not already doing that and living that lifestyle you probably never will - likely due to a lack of social skills and some ingrained shyness or something - which in some ways is really genetic in itself.

You kinda just gotta start being proud of who you are and what you are. Be happy with what you have and go from there, work on what you were given. The idea that women want somebody with 8% BF and a chad face is a flat out lie, proven by the amount of men with 15-20% BF and average face that party hard and fuck women left and right. What people want is for you to make them feel good about themselves, as long as you are okay looking, approachable and have something going for you you've got it made.

Too many people focused on thinking that getting a pure aesthetic physique is going to fix all of their problems.

>NEET
>shut-in(home gym)
>kissless virgin
>no friends
>live with mother
>no driver's license

My muscles will never amount to anything. At this point I only lift because that's all there is to do.

if you live in london i wouldnt mind sleeping with you

i have some free days friday to monday this week, i can spare the time to make someone a little happier

When i saw another fucking tripfag posting stupid shit that didnt even need your shitty nick on it anyway.

Wow rly

Around age 26 when I had been lifting consistently for 5 years, still looked pretty DYEL and could only 1RM 245lb back squat.

When i stepped on the scale and saw i had gained 10 lbs in 2 months. I had just dropped 30 lbs starting in January. fuuuuuck.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

Brexit this thread immediately lads things are getting hot.

i am gonna make it. We are all gonna make it. Except you, go back to r9k or just kill yourself faggot.

Even if you bench 50kg now, that's still very good progress compared to where you started. If you actually weren't gonna make it, you would still be too weak to bench the bar, but now you are actually getting close to 1plate. Just keep progressing, i bet you look way better now than you did 1 year ago.

if you are serious, you are a good person user.

you are still 20lb below your starting point. Continue from here and don't fuck it up again.

You're a pretty cool guy user. None of the people you quoted, but I know personally I've been trying to do what I can myself. Lost a ton of weight a year ago and planning to bulk up soon to get some gains before cutting down again. Been using a lackluster apartment gym with small gains, but planning to get a gym membership once I get a promotion at my work to a less physically demanding job next week.

Maybe I'll finally start making more progress soon. Least I'm fixing up my macros. Your post at least inspired me to go today while I have a free day.

Getting a promotion at your job is another step towards making it. Wish you good gains in the future.

just wanted to add another photo for you.

Anybody who says they are going to make it are lying to themselves.

Oh i'll make it, the goal is to just stay exactly the same for the rest of my life until everyones eventual decline puts me in the top percentile.
I'll be 90 fucking years old, but compared to those other fuckers I'll make it.

The last few weeks it's really been dawning on me. I have gone nowhere in the last six months with my training. I can't hit 1/2/3/4, which I consider the bare minimum of acceptable for an adult male who lifts. Some weeks I gain a little bit, but I can't match it the next time I try.

I hate my body more than when I started. All I can see now is what's wrong with it. It's really dawned on me how despicably inadequate my frame is and how lacking my facial aesthetics are. I see other guys in the gym and I wonder how the fuck I am ever supposed to compete.

Oh, and no matter what I do in the gym, I'll still have psoriasis all over my body. Lifting was supposed to make things more positive, but I hate myself even more than when I started.

When I was born

What anime is that girl from i always see her posted

When j realized I can't get my hands on roids

this right here. Its summer. I cut for 3 months to get to 11% BF. ive been eating a slight surplus for 2 months to keep going up in lifts but now im nearing the point of having too much fat. Do i keep going to make next year even better or do i stay lean to look good? Ill be at the beach 4 more times this year and dont wanna look too bad.

Truth.

when I realized I didn-t wanna cut and just permabulked for years.
I'm strong big and what not but
>user how come you don't have visible abs?

when I fell for the powerlifting meme in other words

>unironically posting zenpencils

Feel free to kill yourself whenever it's convenient for you.

Stop bitching and cut already shrek

But... But... Does it have a p0ssy?

Tht feel when no one ever responds to you on fit

(You)

I'm not bitching familia

I won't change eating big and lifting heavy wich are two of the things I most enjoy in life for some look meant to impress others while feeling like shit doing it.

It'ś a mindset. I don't have the mindset to cut therefore I won't make it (at least as fit's idea of making it wich is basically zyzz)

>tl;dr I like to eat like a pig and taking heavy objets up and down

I think that it's Nishikino Maki from Love Live!

Hope that helps

When I've been Stronglifts for 6 months and still can't squat 2 plate

Today

samefag

I am a fat depressive fuck who once was very fit, about 5 years ago, now I am obese scum who has lost hope and joy in life, only food lets me forget for a couple of minutes.

cmon man...this is Veeky Forums

How did you even know this?

Great thread

I follow ABMI: Always Be Making It. Every day I make it, I am in a constant state of making it, just crossing that finish line over and over again.

I was sick for a whole month and didn't work out all this time, just got back today. My already laughable lifts went down the drain (167lbs squat to 110, 230lbs Dl to 154lbs), I'm sick of tired of my workouts, doing them is a chore, and just thinking that I'll have to grind for a month or more just to get my old stats back fills me with despair.

You should regain your strength in about two weeks. Just keep it consistent.

I'm doing SL 5x5. Should I add more than the 5lbs p/ workout it recommends?

I just found out today.
>decide to join/live in a fraternity and workout next semester
>food that's served is really bad tasting and unhealthy but will have a car and fridge
>parents decide not to let have a car that I payed for so I can't get any food from grocery store.
>I'll just get fat and die like my grandfather and probably my father I guess

>someone took the time to shoop the fatass' face from SU on Yuffie from FF7

I knew I wouldn't make it when I realized lifting wouldn't fix my face.

Make from Love Live. IDK if it's any good but I just fap to her.

Maki*

I already half made it and I've only been lifting for 3 months.
Praise genetics.

When mr Norwood came for a visit ;_;

When i realized i have 4.5 inch wrists as a man and also when i was raped in downtown houston

4.5 INCH WRISTS on a guy who is 68inches tall/5ft8, also after lifting for 1 year i still avnt reached 1plate bench

When I stopped being able to hate her. I can't burn out as much anymore.

brehs....

lifting will make me taller?