So we all agree that cardio is MUCH more difficult than lifting, right?

So we all agree that cardio is MUCH more difficult than lifting, right?

HIIT requires way more willpower than deadlifting

>implying HIIT is cardio
>implying you can deadlift more than a plate
>implying I'm not just biting obvious bait

>mfw when guys with 20 inch arms get winded walking up stairs

Me being a fatass does make cardio a lot harder than lifting and I'm guilty of skipping out on it often. Probably one of the reasons I'm still fat. I lost 40 lbs then stopped losing weight because I stopped doing cardio. Dank strength gains though.

Different kinds of skills. Cardio requires more mental willpower to push yourself to keep going. Lifting heavy objects requires strength, which is more of an absolute skill. Like, a lifter can push himself to run a long distance. Not as far as a dedicated runner, of course, but running/swimming a long distance can be done by most any human being that's in decent shape. However, if you can't lift a certain weight, then you can't lift that weight no matter what you do, unless you train specifically to get stronger. You're not going to get that weight up through force of will if you aren't strong enough.

>running/swimming a long distance can be done by most any human being

I think you overestimate people

i find lifting more difficult to actually do. i usually rush through my lifting to get to my cardio (running)

lifting is boring and requires little to no drive to do.

hurr durr moving weights for 15 seconds. try running non-stop for an hour and a half and get back to me, phaggots.

I find cardio much harder. It's a longer period of suffering. I find 20 minutes of cardio harder than an hour and a half of working out with decent intensity.

>running a long distance can be done by most any human being

Are you retarded? Go run 10 miles at a 6:30 mile pace, fatass. The same logic can be applied to running: to run fast, you're going to have to train. You cant just go out and run a sub 5:00 mile time or sub 16:00 5k. Shut the fuck up.

I've been running for 12 years and been seriously lifting for a little over a year. I have to say running takes more willpower once you start running races and getting fast unlike 90% of Veeky Forums. To keep a fast mile pace for an extended time is a hell of a lot harder than deadlifting for 1 or 5 reps. You get to rest afterwards, anyways. In running, you're going nonstop: if you slow down too much it's likely you won't pick the pace back up.

yep

No because there comes a point where you just go numb and enter auto mode

>cardio
>bodyweight exercise
>difficult

Seems that out running your autism is even more difficult fuccboi

pro tip, you're doing it wrong

>running
>wearing headband to keep the sweat out of my eyes
>wear wrist bands to keep sweat off my hands
>wear ankle bands to keep sweat off of my socks
>Sweat all over my shirt
>nipples showing
>decide sweat is coming from my face, dripping down neck, and onto shirt
>put headband around my neck
>Headband is too big
>put wrist band around neck
>go numb and enter auto mode
>thanks Veeky Forums, now I can run on auto mode

I think cardio is hard only because of the boredom.
Even when listening to music shit gets overbearingly boring.

You obviously aren't running fast enough

Agreed
The only reason had never lifted before is because I believed it would be ridiculously tiring, since my only experience with fitness was only cardio-related sports.
Reading the sticky saved my life.

Anyone can lift and get muscle

Takes actual mental power to run

takes mental power to push out another squat when your legs feel like they're going to give out

but yea cardio is generally more painful

personal opinion; hardest to easiest:
1 bodybulding style lifting
2 sprint intervals
3 powerlifting style lifting
4 jogging

It's called conditioning.

Yep. Cardio dulls my mind. I just zone out.

Still do 45 minutes every other day. I just hate doing it.

for the regular fatass with 0 cardio, i would venture to say that powerlifting style lifting is easier than jogging

/thread

lmao I laughed

running at a moderate tempo is fine, I enjoy it. I started doing interval running and wanted to kill myself afterward, so I quit that. Hopefully only medium distance running will keep me alive until 80

it should but i think you need to do atleast 30 minutes 3 times a week for it to give you good benefits.

as long as you put in the minutes u should be str8

I find cardio easier to progress than weightlifting because of my weight. 5'10 157lbs. I struggle to get 265lbs 3x5 for squats. Currently run a sub 17:00

Cardio takes longer, is boring as hell, and won't give you joocy gains like lifting.

I just aim to be strong and agile. Having big muscles is useless if I can't properly move my own weight around with ease.

>bodybulding style lifting
>hard
kek

Yeah it takes a lot of willpower not to kill yourself out of sheer boredom

Everyone who uses a treadmill at the gym is a fucking dyel

>treadmill
>running

Not the same

Only bitches use a treadmill instead of running outside

Of course cardio is tougher. But taking a 12 inch dildo up your ass is tougher even still. What's your point?

>be a noob at a boxing gym
>one of my first few times sparring
>beaten up every time
>super jacked guy who totally outweighs me comes to box me
>its his first time
> mfw he can't get past my jab
>he gasses out in first round
>first time i actually didnt get beaten up

he never came back after that.

he was pretty aesthetic tho.

I used to not like running. then it started getting me high it was weird like a caffeine rush. I do it in the morning for energy.

>HIIT
>boredom

doing it wrong.